Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, i'll trade my UW is350 Fsport to you
Old 01-12-14, 08:32 PM
ggarriso
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aTeAse
OP, i'll trade my UW is350 Fsport to you
if it was a Neb Gray we might be talkin lol!
Old 01-12-14, 08:44 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't want the IS. Wait for the next ISF. If it's good, will be trading in mine for it even if I take a big hit.
Old 01-12-14, 09:01 PM
McBrain
Driver

Originally Posted by ggarriso
All - greatly appreciate all the responses - this is probably the most unadventageous time to do this also since deprecitation is just starting to slow down on the M3

Mileage is 13500 and I could pay it off anytime.
Either you're just being facetious or you really think this is a viable option. With 13.5K miles you have nothing to worry about. You drive it once a week (basically a "pleasure vehicle"), there is no choice to be made here. $41K is a bargain for your car!! M3 buyers would line up to get a deal on such a low mileage vehicle. The dealership stands to make a tasty profit on the deal you're describing. Keep the M3 and we'll pretend this thread never happened. Lol!
Old 01-12-14, 09:18 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ggarriso
if it was a Neb Gray we might be talkin lol!
I'll give you the money to paint it to whatever you like..

I know a couple of high end paint shops that are well known for their work. If you're serious...

besides, OEM Lexus paint is really soft.
Old 01-12-14, 10:20 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not going to challenge the OPS knowledge of both cars. Why are so many idiots replying that you don't want the IS350 to replace your M3 as if the OP isn't aware of the difference in performance himself?! When in his post did he write i am looking to trade in my M3 for a like vehicle?! Having said that with 13.5k Miles on your M3 in excellent condition i would go about selling it privately and then dealing for a new vehicle.
Old 01-12-14, 10:42 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because we think he is being over paranoid with the warranty expiring. If he listed other reasons for wanting to get rid of the M3 than he'd probably have different responses.

But if the OP is set on going down this path it will be very hard for the dealer to give him a fair deal as they pretty much have their hands tied on a trade in that is worth as much or more than a car they are selling. So selling the M3 on his own would be best and then trying to buy the 350 for $2-3k below MSRP would be the better option.
Old 01-13-14, 06:21 AM
McBrain
Driver

Originally Posted by Slust
Because we think he is being over paranoid with the warranty expiring. If he listed other reasons for wanting to get rid of the M3 than he'd probably have different responses.
^^^Exactly. Also he seemed to appreciate the responses - maybe he just needed to bounce this rather crazy idea off the people that are supposed to be IS-350 fans. If the fans of the IS-350 are telling him to keep his immaculate low-mile M3, then maybe he needs to think about this some more. Also he owns the car so it seems like he is in a financial state to deal with repairs (if any come his way - which is unlikely for years given he drives it once a week).
Old 01-13-14, 08:09 AM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How are we challenging the OPs knowledge when we are just offering our perspective? He did ask us for opinions. While I love my IS, it is no e92 M3. Had he said he wanted to downgrade and not have warranty concerns, then the IS would be my recommendation. I had the chance to buy my friends 2011 M3 with 11k miles or the IS. I preferred the interior of the IS and didn't mind the lower performance. I have a supercharged S2K for that.
Old 01-13-14, 08:22 AM
Lost808
Pole Position

OP, if you are dead set on trading the M in on a IS, or any other car for that matter, never let the dealership know you will be trading a car in before you negotiate the price of the vehicle you want. By letting the dealer know you will be trading in, that gives them extra areas to move money around and make it look like they are giving you a deal. Negotiate the vehicle purchase price first to your liking, get it on paper, then tell them you want to trade in. Then all you have to focus on is the trade in value of your car. Far easier to work with one thing at a time, instead of pushing back and forth on purchase and trade in prices. Just my experience!
Old 01-13-14, 08:34 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lost808
OP, if you are dead set on trading the M in on a IS, or any other car for that matter, never let the dealership know you will be trading a car in before you negotiate the price of the vehicle you want. By letting the dealer know you will be trading in, that gives them extra areas to move money around and make it look like they are giving you a deal. Negotiate the vehicle purchase price first to your liking, get it on paper, then tell them you want to trade in. Then all you have to focus on is the trade in value of your car. Far easier to work with one thing at a time, instead of pushing back and forth on purchase and trade in prices. Just my experience!
Also, dont forget sale tax! Virginia does not allow credit on your trade-in so be prepared to cough up 4% less of trade-in. Definitely not an ideal sittuation for the OP to go with this route financially. Plus, i will be another "idiot poster" to say he is crazy for even wanting to trade in his M3 for an Fsport
Old 01-13-14, 12:18 PM
McBrain
Driver

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
I am not going to challenge the OPS knowledge of both cars. Why are so many idiots replying that you don't want the IS350 to replace your M3 as if the OP isn't aware of the difference in performance himself?! When in his post did he write i am looking to trade in my M3 for a like vehicle?! Having said that with 13.5k Miles on your M3 in excellent condition i would go about selling it privately and then dealing for a new vehicle.
When you generalize and call a bunch of folks "idiots", it speaks more about you being an idiot. Your flippant response and poor grammar appears to suggest not just lack of dignity but probably education.
Old 01-13-14, 02:57 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by McBrain
When you generalize and call a bunch of folks "idiots", it speaks more about you being an idiot. Your flippant response and poor grammar appears to suggest not just lack of dignity but probably education.
+1 My MBA thesis was written using spellcheck. What's your point ? I apologize I just love to evoke emotion much like the design of the spindle grille.
Old 01-13-14, 04:05 PM
McBrain
Driver

+1 My MBA thesis was written using spellcheck. What's your point ? I apologize I just love to evoke emotion much like the design of the spindle grille.
Apology accepted
Old 01-13-14, 04:32 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

MBA is barely a degree...i know cause i have one

Edit: Relax...i'm kidding (for the most part)...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me out with my deal -- thinking of trading 2010 M3 for new IS350 Fsport