IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Honest review of hid powerhouse led kit 2014 3is

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-13, 12:52 PM
jt3944481
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honest review of hid powerhouse led kit 2014 3is

This is a strait up review of my experience and opinion on the top of the line best LED upgrade kit thats offered by HID Powerhouse,

Sorry for my poor English but I hope everyone can understand what Im about to say

I spent a total of $200 shipped from HID Powerhouse

Dealing with then,

Service and response was absolutely stunning Fast!
Sent a PM and within 2 minutes I got responded
Questions were answered but not to a perfect perfect way so overall experience with their service 8/10

Shipping
Super fast considering it came from Canada
10/10

Packaging
Tiny box, could of boxed it a bit better as box looked beat up but everything was fine
9/10

LEDs
Looked great but nothing epic nor special
Everything worked yes so being nothing broken or damaged ill give a
10/10
But sadly they are your typical LEDs
Not even close to VLEDS quality

You get what you pay for and at the cost of 17 bulbs for 200
Its priced fairly considering they need a profit after paypal fees and shipping etc
So yes its a fair deal

Not epic no

Lights were Bright as hell on almost ALL EXCEPT
Reverse bulbs trunk bulb which is the same bulb given
Vanity mirror bulbs and side mirror bulbs again same bulbs given

Those all are very dissappointing
They are more dim then oem hologen but they did change to white LED effect color

The LED panels were insanely bright or ARE i should say

Heres another fail i thought

I paid $200 bucks for this
For LEDs
And LED panels just seem Honda ish or ghetto in a sense
Sure they are insanely bright but
Lexus is all about clean and perfection of fitment etc etc

Led panels
Dont have a perfect fit
Meaning they free float and dangle
At the cost of $200
They should have included something to mount them cleanly within the door panels and the interior dome instead of me having to use something ghetto like duc tape to make it happen
I'm going to figure out using something else less ghetto

But anyway for whoever that has ordered this kit already would know exactly what I'm talking about
Fix this ISSUE PLEASE HISPowerhouse!!!

No one can tell by their pictures because in the picture you just see a bright shine of light and it doesn't show how crooked the LED sit that you could totally see if you dont figure a way out to mount them cleanly which takes lots of time in person,

They could of also included a clean DIY or instructions with the package
But i found their DIY a bit weak and they could of done a much better job...

I will be changing a lot of these lights out again... And giving these to my civic buddys

Overall
I am happy with this kit I guess but there could deffenetly be improvements made to this kit...
And they should better demonstrate their kits as in a sense i feel its false adervwrrisment...

Overall grade C or 7/10
Old 12-31-13, 01:00 PM
Base9se
Rookie

Thanks for posting this review so the others can benefit.

Do you have any pictures of the items needing improvement (i.e. fitment, mounting, etc.)?
Old 12-31-13, 02:29 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

I'm glad you thought of starting this thread. I ordered the 6000K HID bulbs after getting some feedback from HIDpowerhouse that the 5000K are not as different as the OEM 4300K. I also relied on their pics but my concern I voiced to them was the mismatch with the DRL LEDs making them look yellowish in comparison. Well, after installing them and a handful of night time uses for 30 minutes or less, I wasn't happy with the 6000K since my hunch was right as they were too blue in comparison to the now (in comparison) "yellowish" DRLs.

Product/Price/Shipping: 8/10 (fast shipping, work as designed, but a little more bluish hue than I expected based on pictures and communication)

Communication: 10/10 (very quick, responsive, and professional)

Customer satisfaction guarantee: 5/10 No such thing. I did not want a refund, just an exchange. They did not want to exchange the 6000K for the 5000K ones as they mentioned they could not re-sell them, but in today's day and age, for a 75$ product, isn't customer satisfaction and word of mouth more important, especially in a forum like this? I even offered to put in a good word in this forum if they were going to exchange it, but to no avail. Well, this is the honest review now, unfortunately, buyer beware if the outcome is not what you expect. In their defense, they did offer me a small discount on interior LEDs but that never interested me - because of this, they get 5 points on 10.
Old 12-31-13, 02:48 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

I ordered from HID Powerhouse as well.

Their panels need some serious customization as they are just a 'universal fit'(i installed them on my door panel). Only if I known paying the amount for the bulbs thinking they were 'good', i would have much rather went with VLED.
Old 12-31-13, 05:10 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I asked this question on another thread but didn't get an answer. Are HID Powerhouse LP series better than these generic led lights on eBay?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8288237-post12.html
Old 12-31-13, 05:23 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

I honestly do not know. All these bulbs look the same.
The only bulbs that I see have an exterior difference are VLED.

Although, from what I saw, the bulbs from LED option from Sewell are worst than HID Powerhouse.

HID powerhouse lights are not bad, i'm just disappointed with their LED panel.
Old 01-01-14, 03:49 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also found that I did not like the way the led panels showed in the interior lighting. In the dome and map light, you can see the panel through the glass, and it looks a bit strange when lit up.

My solution was to buy a led panel that uses the bulb holder to attach itself. Bought from superbrightleds.com
Also, it was avalible in warm white color. I did honestly dislike the blueish light that the LED panels from hidpowerhouse emitted.
Warm white color is more similar to halogen light and makes the interior feel a bit more comfortable.

Old 01-01-14, 06:55 AM
kesh550
Rookie

Totally agree...the fitment needs to be worked on. It looks very tacky....
Old 01-01-14, 08:28 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by magne
I also found that I did not like the way the led panels showed in the interior lighting. In the dome and map light, you can see the panel through the glass, and it looks a bit strange when lit up. My solution was to buy a led panel that uses the bulb holder to attach itself. Bought from superbrightleds.com Also, it was avalible in warm white color. I did honestly dislike the blueish light that the LED panels from hidpowerhouse emitted. Warm white color is more similar to halogen light and makes the interior feel a bit more comfortable.
Which LED light package did you get from HID Powerhouse? I'm not sure if everyone is talking about the same LED lights. I purchased LP series from them and haven't installed it yet due to my car not arriving but all the interior lights aren't LED Panels. It's these below. Just wondering if I should return these before I install. I noticed LED lights posted above from eBay is 10x cheaper so if they are same quality I probably want to return the HID Powerhouse ones. Feedback would be appreciated.

http://hidpowerhouse.com/shop/lp4-hi...omelight-leds/

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-01-14 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-01-14, 09:37 AM
jcheng
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased the Cree packa from them and the light is very even and white but the only problem I found is that they all have a lens.

When the light is on, you get a circular pattern on the plastic lens. I just cut the lens off with a dremel and all is fine now. The puddle lights are a lil bluer than I expected but I'm ok with it.
Old 01-01-14, 10:59 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Which LED light package did you get from HID Powerhouse? I'm not sure if everyone is talking about the same LED lights. I purchased LP series from them and haven't installed it yet due to my car not arriving but all the interior lights aren't LED Panels. It's these below. Just wondering if I should return these before I install. I noticed LED lights posted above from eBay is 10x cheaper so if they are same quality I probably want to return the HID Powerhouse ones. Feedback would be appreciated.

i have the LP4 and they look fine, the thing is i didn't want them so bright it looked like a UFO was hovering overhead!
i did the man els on the footwell lighting and the courtesy lights..
never installed the backup lights yet.
Old 01-01-14, 11:14 AM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jt3944481
This is a strait up review of my experience and opinion on the top of the line best LED upgrade kit thats offered by HID Powerhouse,

Sorry for my poor English but I hope everyone can understand what Im about to say

I spent a total of $200 shipped from HID Powerhouse

Dealing with then,

Service and response was absolutely stunning Fast!
Sent a PM and within 2 minutes I got responded
Questions were answered but not to a perfect perfect way so overall experience with their service 8/10

Shipping
Super fast considering it came from Canada
10/10

Packaging
Tiny box, could of boxed it a bit better as box looked beat up but everything was fine
9/10

LEDs
Looked great but nothing epic nor special
Everything worked yes so being nothing broken or damaged ill give a
10/10
But sadly they are your typical LEDs
Not even close to VLEDS quality

You get what you pay for and at the cost of 17 bulbs for 200
Its priced fairly considering they need a profit after paypal fees and shipping etc
So yes its a fair deal

Not epic no

Lights were Bright as hell on almost ALL EXCEPT
Reverse bulbs trunk bulb which is the same bulb given
Vanity mirror bulbs and side mirror bulbs again same bulbs given

Those all are very dissappointing
They are more dim then oem hologen but they did change to white LED effect color

The LED panels were insanely bright or ARE i should say

Heres another fail i thought

I paid $200 bucks for this
For LEDs
And LED panels just seem Honda ish or ghetto in a sense
Sure they are insanely bright but
Lexus is all about clean and perfection of fitment etc etc

Led panels
Dont have a perfect fit
Meaning they free float and dangle
At the cost of $200
They should have included something to mount them cleanly within the door panels and the interior dome instead of me having to use something ghetto like duc tape to make it happen
I'm going to figure out using something else less ghetto

But anyway for whoever that has ordered this kit already would know exactly what I'm talking about
Fix this ISSUE PLEASE HISPowerhouse!!!

No one can tell by their pictures because in the picture you just see a bright shine of light and it doesn't show how crooked the LED sit that you could totally see if you dont figure a way out to mount them cleanly which takes lots of time in person,

They could of also included a clean DIY or instructions with the package
But i found their DIY a bit weak and they could of done a much better job...

I will be changing a lot of these lights out again... And giving these to my civic buddys

Overall
I am happy with this kit I guess but there could deffenetly be improvements made to this kit...
And they should better demonstrate their kits as in a sense i feel its false adervwrrisment...

Overall grade C or 7/10
Hi Jimmy,

Your comments are well-taken. We would like to clarify some points:

1) Our LEDs are absolutely not the typical LEDs you find on the market or from Ebay. While LEDs may appear to be visually identical, there are many differentiating factors that are noteworthy. This includes things such as the quality of the actual LED chips, components used (ie. resistors, ICs, printed circuit boards, heat sink) and the quality of the soldering work (ie. solder joints) also makes a difference. We note that our LEDs are one of the best quality LEDs out there (we are not perfect but we are definitely improving our products continuously).

2) Prior to order, we kindly redirected you to our online store and provided you with the links to our product pages, which did indicate that the LED panels (one of the brighter LED upgrade options) would require additional work for installation, that is, the LED panels are not designed to sit perfectly center within the light housing/lens cover. It was our understanding that you were aware of this given that you had visited the product page prior to purchasing and that we exercised due diligence in that regard. We also understand that you would like to purchase the brightest LED package from us and as a result, we recommended the LED panels to you based on your personal preference.

3) In light of the circumstances, it is our position that there is no false advertisement. We had communications prior to your purchase, we provided product photos to you and send you direct link to the LED package you were about to purchase, we gave additional discounts on the basis of you purchasing several items from us, we confirmed receipt of your payment and promptly shipped your order and updated you with tracking information the same day. As such, we demonstrated honesty and were upfront, transparent and assisted our customers the best we can. When in doubt, we invited our customers to ask us questions and we are happy to answer any questions our customers may have prior and following their purchase.

4) The back-up lights, trunk light, vanity mirror lights and exterior mirror puddle lights all happen to be the same bulb. This is a Lexus/Toyota design in terms of what bulb they decided to use for that particular application. Therefore, you received same LED bulbs for back-up lights, trunk light, the vanity mirror and puddle lights, which are the correct size for the connector and a direct replacement of the original bulbs.

5) We have customers who have asked us about our LED panels and have expressed their concerns about the fitment of the LED panels and seeing the LED chips through the lens cover. As a result of hearing their concerns, we kindly suggested getting other LED packages we offer than were non-panel based and as such they would not have to monkey around with the LED panel fitment.

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I'm glad you thought of starting this thread. I ordered the 6000K HID bulbs after getting some feedback from HIDpowerhouse that the 5000K are not as different as the OEM 4300K. I also relied on their pics but my concern I voiced to them was the mismatch with the DRL LEDs making them look yellowish in comparison. Well, after installing them and a handful of night time uses for 30 minutes or less, I wasn't happy with the 6000K since my hunch was right as they were too blue in comparison to the now (in comparison) "yellowish" DRLs.

Product/Price/Shipping: 8/10 (fast shipping, work as designed, but a little more bluish hue than I expected based on pictures and communication)

Communication: 10/10 (very quick, responsive, and professional)

Customer satisfaction guarantee: 5/10 No such thing. I did not want a refund, just an exchange. They did not want to exchange the 6000K for the 5000K ones as they mentioned they could not re-sell them, but in today's day and age, for a 75$ product, isn't customer satisfaction and word of mouth more important, especially in a forum like this? I even offered to put in a good word in this forum if they were going to exchange it, but to no avail. Well, this is the honest review now, unfortunately, buyer beware if the outcome is not what you expect. In their defense, they did offer me a small discount on interior LEDs but that never interested me - because of this, they get 5 points on 10.
Hi Joseph,

Regrettably, we could not offer an exchange for your HID bulbs because used HID bulbs (burn-in), as you may be aware, shows wear and tear and to be fair we would be unable to sell an open-box or used item to the next customer. We hear you and your comments are well-taken. We did offer you a deep discount on the 5000k HID bulbs and also offered you to returned your 6000k HID bulbs to us for a partial refund for your purchase.

Originally Posted by aTeAse
I ordered from HID Powerhouse as well.

Their panels need some serious customization as they are just a 'universal fit'(i installed them on my door panel). Only if I known paying the amount for the bulbs thinking they were 'good', i would have much rather went with VLED.
Your comments are well-taken and we acknowledge that these are aftermarket lighting upgrades, specifically LED panels, and as such we have included a note in the product page for all LED panels that they may require additional work for perfect fitment. In response to your comments, we do offer LED bulbs that fit right into the socket/connector and does not come in the form of a panel for ease of installation.

Originally Posted by aTeAse
I honestly do not know. All these bulbs look the same.
The only bulbs that I see have an exterior difference are VLED.

Although, from what I saw, the bulbs from LED option from Sewell are worst than HID Powerhouse.

HID powerhouse lights are not bad, i'm just disappointed with their LED panel.
Yes, we acknowledge and have pointed out that LED panels were additional work in terms of fitment and how they sit inside the lens cover.

Originally Posted by magne
I also found that I did not like the way the led panels showed in the interior lighting. In the dome and map light, you can see the panel through the glass, and it looks a bit strange when lit up.

My solution was to buy a led panel that uses the bulb holder to attach itself. Bought from superbrightleds.com
Also, it was avalible in warm white color. I did honestly dislike the blueish light that the LED panels from hidpowerhouse emitted.
Warm white color is more similar to halogen light and makes the interior feel a bit more comfortable.

The LED panels would definitely show through the lens cover due to the design of the lens cover being semi-transparent, which is inevitable. For the color, warm white 2700k-4300k and super white 6000k are very different colors on the Kelvin temperature scale. It boils down to personal preference in terms of the color of the LED lights because a warm white is yellowish while the super white 6000k LEDs are bright white.

Originally Posted by kesh550
Totally agree...the fitment needs to be worked on. It looks very tacky....
Yes, we acknowledge and have pointed out that LED panels were additional work in terms of fitment and how they sit inside the lens cover.

Originally Posted by jcheng
I purchased the Cree packa from them and the light is very even and white but the only problem I found is that they all have a lens.

When the light is on, you get a circular pattern on the plastic lens. I just cut the lens off with a dremel and all is fine now. The puddle lights are a lil bluer than I expected but I'm ok with it.
The CREE LEDs come with a built-in optical lens to allow the light to be further projected, which helps produce more light output and is quite an effective design. Given that the LED bulb itself is very close to the lens cover, there is a slight shadow on the lens cover and does not affect the effectiveness of the CREE LEDs. There isn't alot of room inside the lens/housing and space is very limited given how Lexus/Toyota designed the housing.

In any event, thank you for the comments and feedback provided above and we will work proactively and do the best we can to address these concerns. All of your comments are well-taken. We admit we are not perfect and we are committed to making improvements to our products on a go-forward basis.

For customers who are running LED panels and would prefer LED bulbs that are not panel-based, please contact us via email or private message and we will see what we can do.
Old 01-01-14, 11:16 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome

Can't remember the name of the package I got. It was the most powerful series from them, hence the lighting is a bit more blue than the cheaper and not so bright LED's they have.
I have replaced all interior leds from them, but the puddle and curtisy lights are still the same LED's I got from them, and they work fine for me.
The footwell lights, and dome\map lights was to blueish for me, so I ordered some warm white colored like the one posted in the pic in my last post.
Also changed the footwell lights and vanity lights to warm white, but used some cheap small panels bought on ebay.
Old 01-01-14, 12:39 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

We will be working on a permanent solution for the mounting of our LED panels for the front and rear maplights and domelights and will report back with more details. Thanks for everyone's patience and understanding.

We would like to take the liberty to wish our customers and the ClubLexus community a Happy New Year and all the best for 2014.
Old 01-01-14, 04:26 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Ken, if i could make a suggestion for you. i brought this up before as well and i think it will help a lot for future customers.
you really need to put up some good quality pictures of the actual bulbs the customer is buying.
the LP4 and panels bla bla makes sense to you because your holding them in your hand! when we cannot see what exactly we are buying it makes it a tough sale for a consumer to part with several hundred bucks looking at the installed pictures.
i think i would prefer to see the actual product i am about to buy before i buy it.

if you could also put in the 3IS section the type of factory bulb in each location, then a corresponding suggestion bulbs that fit in the specific location it would help picking a product from your website tremendously.

Quick Reply: Honest review of hid powerhouse led kit 2014 3is