IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS350 F Sport LED Foglights - DIY

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-16, 06:10 AM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turismo
Resurrecting the dead here, but I've got an install question.
I got Nigel's kit with the oem stalk. The kit also came with an aftermarket switch and separate harness for said switch...
I have the fogs mounted and wired with the included harness, so I have only the yellow wire running through the firewall into the cabin.
My question is, how exactly do I wire the oem stalk? I know from reading, to use pins 10 and 11, but which wire goes to which pin? Do I use that smaller harness even if I'm not using the aftermarket switch?
I have that diagram of the stalk harness from Joe Z, but it shows a white and white/black wire going to 10 and 11...but from where?

Thanks guys.
-Greg
Greg - I see you are in the same boat as I was installing these fog lights. Directions are terrible - read that as non-existent. I was going to post pics of my install but haven't figured out exactly where to put them since there are already several threads on the subject. Guess I need to get on the ball and post them on a new thread.

Anyway, to try to answer your questions as to what I did. You will need to either cut/splice into pins 10 & 11 on the stalk connector or remove the pins and replace them with new pins. If you want to use new pins you can find them on eBay. I removed the pins for a cleaner install but removing them wasn't easy. The yellow signal wire will go to one and you need to run power to the other. Have you decided where you are running power from? I ran it from my parking lights as I like the look with the DRLs and fogs on. See attached pic for power tap. I tested both configurations (power to 10/yellow to 11 and vise versa) and the lights worked both ways but I ended up running power to 11 and yellow to 10. You do not use the small harness with the stalk. Here are a couple pics. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails 2014 IS350 F Sport LED Foglights - DIY-32-power-wire-from-green-wire1.jpg   2014 IS350 F Sport LED Foglights - DIY-34-power-wire-from-green-wire3.jpg   2014 IS350 F Sport LED Foglights - DIY-how-to-remove-connector-pin-from-k23-connector-housing.jpg  
Old 10-20-16, 07:41 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris442
You will need to either cut/splice into pins 10 & 11 on the stalk connector or remove the pins and replace them with new pins. If you want to use new pins you can find them on eBay.
Chris
Just wondering what keywords were you searching for on ebay for pins that small? I have been trying to find those forever.

Thanks
Old 10-20-16, 08:18 AM
Chris442
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by otakusan
Just wondering what keywords were you searching for on ebay for pins that small? I have been trying to find those forever.

Thanks
I went to the Toyota dealer and asked them about the terminals then searched from there since they only sell the ENTIRE wire harness. These are actually terminated connectors with about 6" of wire and you can get whatever color you want. The actual PN is listed there as well and it matches the PN from the repair manual. Search for "Repair terminal for Toyota applications mods camera cruise ECU ECM" or use the below link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-termi...wAAOSwnDZUE8XL
Old 10-20-16, 08:24 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chris442
I went to the Toyota dealer and asked them about the terminals then searched from there since they only sell the ENTIRE wire harness. These are actually terminated connectors with about 6" of wire and you can get whatever color you want. The actual PN is listed there as well and it matches the PN from the repair manual. Search for "Repair terminal for Toyota applications mods camera cruise ECU ECM" or use the below link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-termi...wAAOSwnDZUE8XL
You are AWESOME buddy, thank you so much
Old 10-24-16, 11:24 AM
calmotors
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The yellow wire should activate the foglights if you give it a ground signal.

After installing the new stalk, I noticed that the factory plug did not have a wire from the foglight switch so I added one.
Just use your test light and find the location of the terminal that gives a ground signal when the switch is turned on.
After locating, I stripped a wire and inserted it into the terminal and tied it to the rest of the harness.

Once completed, I connected the new wire to the yellow one coming from the relay.

You will not need the aftermarket switch and harness if you use the factory stalk.

Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to illuminate the foglight indicator on the instrument cluster...
Old 10-24-16, 06:02 PM
Turismo
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Now I'm a bit confused, as I'm being given contradicting instructions...
Chris, you're saying pins 10/11 are yellow wire and a power. Calmotors, you're saying 10/11 should be yellow wire and a ground... Please clarify.
Also, Chris, when you say you ran power from the DRLs, are you talking about the power to pin 10/11, or power to the red wire in the engine bay? And where did you tap into the DRLs exactly? I see the pic, can't tell exactly where that is though..maybe the harness that goes to the column? With your method, does the fog light indicator on the dash illuminate? Also, with either of these methods, do the fogs turn off automatically when you turn the car off?

Thanks a lot guys!
Greg

Last edited by Turismo; 10-24-16 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-24-16, 08:37 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Turismo
Now I'm a bit confused, as I'm being given contradicting instructions...
Chris, you're saying pins 10/11 are yellow wire and a power. Calmotors, you're saying 10/11 should be yellow wire and a ground... Please clarify.
Also, Chris, when you say you ran power from the DRLs, are you talking about the power to pin 10/11, or power to the red wire in the engine bay? And where did you tap into the DRLs exactly? I see the pic, can't tell exactly where that is though..maybe the harness that goes to the column? With your method, does the fog light indicator on the dash illuminate? Also, with either of these methods, do the fogs turn off automatically when you turn the car off?

Thanks a lot guys!
Greg
According to stock wiring (assuming you have all wiring in your car to operate the foglights already), yes 10 is ECU signal to turn on the fog lights, and 11 is ground. BUT if your car does not have all the wiring to operate the foglights, but you got the OEM light switch stock with foglight switch, you will be using 10&11 as an on/off trigger to turn on the fog lights. Powersource from fuse box into 10, and power source out from 11 and into a relay to turn on the foglights. Dash light for "foglights on" will NOT work. Fog lights will turn off with car if you use an ignition powersource from fuse box.
Old 10-31-16, 07:24 PM
Turismo
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Much appreciated guys! Everything is wired and working, nice clean oem stalk install with those pins, and all engine bay wiring hidden!

Last edited by Turismo; 11-04-16 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-03-16, 12:03 PM
zoomzoom
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 IS300 FSport -IJDMToy fog install

Found the IJDM fSport fog & website with simple instruction to installed, approx 1.5-2hr. to install, comes on with DRL & Headlamp, will auto shut off when high beam is on.

Last edited by zoomzoom; 11-04-16 at 04:46 AM.
Old 11-03-16, 06:31 PM
dmaaviid
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What led bulb did you use for your fog light?
Old 08-19-17, 07:37 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

So my car has the white and white/black cable in the stock wiring harness. But I do not have fog wires in the bumper. So i believe from Nigel I need to use just the one cable as I bought the factory stalk.

My assumption. Red needs power from the fuse box, black is ground, and yellow needs to go through the firewall and into PIN 10 under the stalk?

Help is much appreciated.
Old 08-21-17, 07:03 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

SpecONE has been a huge help. I still managed to screw up the install of the fog kit. Info is in my build thread. I'll be troubleshooting and solving this week.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post9960141