IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

How much below MSRP you paid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-13, 09:46 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I forgot to say to the OP, if you buy out and decide to drive it back home to avoid transport fee than you have to pay their State taxes. So if your State taxes are 3% and you buy from CA which is I believe 8% than figure that into your estimates. I think you have to register in that state too but double check on that.

Originally Posted by SRGS300
I went to the dealer yesterday for an is250 bone stock. They said they were out and could offer me a 350 fully loaded with nav and all. I have it a go and started negotiating. I walked out with a 47000 is350 for 41,000. They did say they were losing a lot of money. Their loss my gain 😃
Hella nice deal! Is that a own price or a lease transaction price?
Old 12-17-13, 10:28 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
dunno how you Cali guys are getting such good deals. In my area true car was saying about 46500 for my build is a good price, I got mine for $45500 or so so its better than the TMV of the area but still not as good as some Cali prices I've seen. Oh well
Competition. So many dealership in so small radius wanting to gain customers for future services in their target areas.
Old 12-17-13, 11:36 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$3500 under msrp of $46,722...this was back in early September. I know I could have done better if I waited...
Old 12-17-13, 12:05 PM
klrgoten
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
dunno how you Cali guys are getting such good deals. In my area true car was saying about 46500 for my build is a good price, I got mine for $45500 or so so its better than the TMV of the area but still not as good as some Cali prices I've seen. Oh well
Guess our dealers are just really hungry for the business... no idea though. Some of the dealers are not very friendly though. I've tried to deal with Newport Lexus and man oh man, what a bunch of stuck up salesmen. The first guy I talked to said they wouldn't be able to lease me a car unless I had a 720+ credit score. I almost laughed in his face... really? 720 minimum? What a load of garbage. You can lease a car with a 500 credit score but you'll pay out the nose for it.
Old 12-23-13, 02:31 AM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for your great feedback. I have taken it all into consideration when I went to my dealer yesterday. After long negotiations with them, apparently they won't go below the invoice price + $300.00 USD (Plus dealer fee, applicable taxes and plates fee) . As they saying that this is the only offer they can give for such demanding 2014 car. The salesmen was saying he could offer more discount if the car was 2013 model.

Please note that this is a "special order" car tho so they don't have the car on their lot yet. Also, I am buying it cash!

So all do you think this is a good deal?? or still I could get more discount if I did another round of negotiation?
Old 12-23-13, 04:40 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hushero
Thank you all for your great feedback. I have taken it all into consideration when I went to my dealer yesterday. After long negotiations with them, apparently they won't go below the invoice price + $300.00 USD (Plus dealer fee, applicable taxes and plates fee) . As they saying that this is the only offer they can give for such demanding 2014 car. The salesmen was saying he could offer more discount if the car was 2013 model.

Please note that this is a "special order" car tho so they don't have the car on their lot yet. Also, I am buying it cash!

So all do you think this is a good deal?? or still I could get more discount if I did another round of negotiation?
Although it's not as good as deals from CA, I think that is fair deal. If they don't want to go any lower in price you may see if you can get maintenance/service added on.
Old 12-23-13, 03:32 PM
DreLo
Rookie

Originally Posted by fast350
Well they cant sell below invoice because that is what they pay lexus for the car. So you're going to have to be somewhere between msrp and invoice. I think you will have a little wiggle room if you are negotiating for a car that's on the lot rather than something you are ordering or they will have to get from another dealer.
Actually, they can go well below invoice because the dealer gets incentives. They also will show you the invoice price if you ask. Right now is the time to buy. You can get a great deal in December. The MSRP on my car was $42,988, invoice price was $40,200 and I paid $37,900 for my car. So depending on your build you can get a pretty significant discount (they aren't budging so much on the red interior). Right now with incentives dealers can go considerably below invoice. Make an offer that is low and see what they counter with. You can always walk away and more than likely they will call you back.
Old 12-24-13, 12:02 AM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hushero

Without any other details it is hard to say, but I would say you did good especially considering we lack dealer competition. CO is not CA, so to think you can score the same deal as them is silly.

They can make crazy deals on 250s, a lot harder for the awesome deals on 350 F-Sports.

In addition I think most of these crazy deals we see are on leases.
Old 12-24-13, 07:55 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I got about $3500 off mine
Old 12-24-13, 08:54 AM
RaysurX
Driver School Candidate

October - Nebula Gray 350 F-sport (BSM + Nav + Cargo Net + Wheel Locks + Bumper applique + Trunk Mat) @ $3000 below MSRP.
Old 12-24-13, 09:49 AM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

$3400 below MSRP.
Old 12-24-13, 03:34 PM
mrtrance
Driver

So can I expect to get like an IS350 RWD with MSRP of $45,373 for close to $40K? Is $5K under MSRP doable here in Southern California at this time? Carsdirect pricing is about $4K under MSRP so I'm hoping that at the dealership I can get it to close to $5K under MSRP.
Old 12-24-13, 03:36 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by SRGS300
I went to the dealer yesterday for an is250 bone stock. They said they were out and could offer me a 350 fully loaded with nav and all. I have it a go and started negotiating. I walked out with a 47000 is350 for 41,000. They did say they were losing a lot of money. Their loss my gain 😃
Was this a lease or purchase?
Old 12-25-13, 04:15 PM
Coldfuzion
Driver School Candidate

So I'm looking to purchase an IS350 and i've been looking at deals, people are saying December is the time to buy but I would think that January would be a better time to buy as the sales will have slowed down right after the Holiday seasons. Any thoughts on this?
Old 12-25-13, 05:05 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

they want to get rid of cars to meet their year end quota, the 1.9% for 60 months is only for december too if you are planning to finance

Quick Reply: How much below MSRP you paid?