IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Radio Swap due to Nav Screen Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 09:36 AM
blubyu305
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Swap due to Nav Screen Flashing

I had my radio swapped by the dealer last night due to an issue with the navigation screen restarting while driving an randomly blinking / flashing blue or white. However today the blinking / flashing came back just minutes after picking the car up from the dealer and again this morning while driving to work.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so do you have a standard radio or Mark Levinson?

Just out of curiosity is the radio different in a Mark Levinson car or is it only the speakers, sub etc. that distinguishes the sound?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-13, 09:43 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Do you have anything plugged into USB port by any chance? I've noticed mine sometimes reboots, or see blue flashes on the screen when I have USB stick attached.
Old 12-12-13, 09:46 AM
blubyu305
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dojoman
Do you have anything plugged into USB port by any chance? I've noticed mine sometimes reboots, or see blue flashes on the screen when I have USB stick attached.
I keep a cable plugged in for easy access but most of the time I don't have the phone plugged in to it.
Old 12-12-13, 09:58 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Mine will do that on occasion. It's very fast. I only notice it out of the corner of my eye, and by the time I focus on it, it's back to normal. Just a quick blue flash that lasts no more than 1 second. I've talked to one other 3IS owner who has experienced the same thing. Not really an issue though, as it doesn't interrupt my music, nav commands, etc.
Old 12-12-13, 10:06 AM
blubyu305
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
Mine will do that on occasion. It's very fast. I only notice it out of the corner of my eye, and by the time I focus on it, it's back to normal. Just a quick blue flash that lasts no more than 1 second. I've talked to one other 3IS owner who has experienced the same thing. Not really an issue though, as it doesn't interrupt my music, nav commands, etc.
Standard radio or ML?
Old 12-12-13, 10:07 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by blubyu305
Standard radio or ML?
Standard radio.
Old 12-12-13, 11:48 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

i've seen quick flash on nav as well on my ML system. no reboots yet so far (*knock on wood*)
Old 12-12-13, 01:06 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I just got the call from my dealer today that the radio they ordered for me came in and they want me to come in to replace it. I almost don't even feel like going and wasting my time now that your saying the problem still exists.
Old 12-13-13, 10:20 AM
blubyu305
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
I just got the call from my dealer today that the radio they ordered for me came in and they want me to come in to replace it. I almost don't even feel like going and wasting my time now that your saying the problem still exists.
I would go in and give it a try. My car is back at the dealer. Crossing fingers that they resolve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 12-13-13, 11:37 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same issue too with ML, i haven't encounter restart, but once awhile it will have blue flash

Talk to the dealership today, and they all aware of the flashing and restart problem, but said haven't got any real solution to it yet

Last edited by ybing; 12-13-13 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-13-13, 05:17 PM
splat0023
Rookie

Originally Posted by ybing
I had the same issue too with ML, i haven't encounter restart, but once awhile it will have blue flash

Talk to the dealership today, and they all aware of the flashing and restart problem, but said haven't got any real solution to it yet

Exact same thing . I picked mine up today and they said they are working on a resolution but it isnt ready yet and i will be notified as soon as it is.
Old 12-13-13, 08:04 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by splat0023
Exact same thing . I picked mine up today and they said they are working on a resolution but it isnt ready yet and i will be notified as soon as it is.
Splat, your signature says NV. Did you take your car to Henderson or Las Vegas? My F Sport goes into Henderson tomorrow for the same problem, and I have to leave it there for a week while they replace the radio. If Lexus doesn't have a clue on how to fix it, I don't want to waste my time.
Old 12-13-13, 08:33 PM
McBrain
Driver

Originally Posted by blubyu305

Is anyone else having this issue and if so do you have a standard radio or Mark Levinson?

Sorry to hear you got bitten too. This is a bit of an epidemic. See these threads:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-resolved.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...shuts-off.html

My dealer is acting like they've never seen it before - hard to believe since they are the only Lexus dealer in town.
Old 12-13-13, 10:09 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Splat, your signature says NV. Did you take your car to Henderson or Las Vegas? My F Sport goes into Henderson tomorrow for the same problem, and I have to leave it there for a week while they replace the radio. If Lexus doesn't have a clue on how to fix it, I don't want to waste my time.
Nope, I went to the old one, they are the same people anyways; I used to work there, so I talked to them about this issue and they said no real solution from factory yet.

But maybe you can try replacing the system see will it help or not and let us know, so far is just blinking randomly and not bothering me a lot
Old 12-13-13, 10:10 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by McBrain
Sorry to hear you got bitten too. This is a bit of an epidemic. See these threads:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-resolved.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...shuts-off.html

My dealer is acting like they've never seen it before - hard to believe since they are the only Lexus dealer in town.
I don't think that update fix the problem, I already had the 8500 firmware update

Quick Reply: Radio Swap due to Nav Screen Flashing