IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New passenger side headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-16, 07:59 AM
jhardy
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New passenger side headlight issues

Had to get the entire headlight assembly changed on the passenger side after someone backed up into me. The shop I brought it to must have forgotten to aim them correctly because I noticed it was very low one night compared to the driver's side. Not a big deal because it's easy to adjust them. However, I got it to the same level as the driver's side and noticed something still wasn't right. Anyone know of something I can check besides the height adjustment to fix this? Not sure why but the new headlight has some weird pattern to it off to the side. First picture is the driver's side to show a comparison between them.

It also has this beam pointing up that doesn't seem right.
Old 11-04-16, 12:09 PM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

that's normal for a non-oem unit. did you specifically request your insurance (im assuming you went through insurance) to buy genuine lexus products? if not, you probably got an generic replacement
Old 11-04-16, 12:13 PM
jhardy
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told everything replaced was oem (I had to have a new hood and other components replaced), but maybe not the headlamp. I guess I'll just have to buy one that is genuine lexus because it really bothers me at night when I see that.