Ordering IS350F...BUT

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-13, 01:46 AM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Ordering IS350F...BUT

Hi,

I am new here and too excited to get my second Lexus car. I want to know all possible packages and options available for USA market since my dealer have no clear idea rather than trying to sell me what they have on their parking lot

I tried to build a new one on Lexus website and it seems there is some bugs and couldn't complete the build process. so I want now the old fashion way by giving me the full list of all possible packages and individual options for the 2014 IS 350 F with AWD then will give it to my dealer.

2014 LEXUS 350 F (AWD)

Thank you
Old 12-04-13, 01:20 PM
abcsoup
Driver

The online configurator annoyingly limits your queries to cars that are available in inventory near your zip code. If you want the full list of options and features that you can custom order, check out this page:

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/

It goes through what's available and what's not for each model. Make sure to click through the tabs ("All Features", "Options and Packages", "Accessories") to get a full picture of what you can get.
Old 12-08-13, 07:38 PM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by abcsoup
The online configurator annoyingly limits your queries to cars that are available in inventory near your zip code. If you want the full list of options and features that you can custom order, check out this page: http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/ It goes through what's available and what's not for each model. Make sure to click through the tabs ("All Features", "Options and Packages", "Accessories") to get a full picture of what you can get.
Many thanks for sharing this useful link. I'm a bit confused in regard the intuitive parking assist with F sport package. It does say on the left that it's not available with F sport. Then if you looked at the full list of options tab under IS 350 F AWD column it's showing as Optional for the same feature!

Do you or someone know for sure that the intuitive parking assist is or not available for IS350 F AWD?

I wish there's an accurate options PDF sheet or order guide like the dealers have when they ordering new Lexus cars?

Thanks,

Al
Old 12-08-13, 07:40 PM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're going to love the IS350 AWD Fsport, congrats!
Old 12-08-13, 08:09 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

With how poor the Lexus Build Your Own sites are, can't even imagine how many people the sites deter from the company! Far worse than what Audi used to have, and Audi's was BAD.
Old 12-10-13, 07:00 PM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dbs600
With how poor the Lexus Build Your Own sites are, can't even imagine how many people the sites deter from the company! Far worse than what Audi used to have, and Audi's was BAD.
Thank you guys.

dbs600 I agree with you. However they are not bad like BMW website. I already sent my opinion and feedback about Lexus site to their headquarter with hope to fix it soon
Old 12-10-13, 07:22 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Probably <1% BOT. Most Lexus customers will just buy off the lot.
Old 12-10-13, 09:25 PM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hushero
Many thanks for sharing this useful link. I'm a bit confused in regard the intuitive parking assist with F sport package. It does say on the left that it's not available with F sport. Then if you looked at the full list of options tab under IS 350 F AWD column it's showing as Optional for the same feature!

Do you or someone know for sure that the intuitive parking assist is or not available for IS350 F AWD?

I wish there's an accurate options PDF sheet or order guide like the dealers have when they ordering new Lexus cars?

Thanks,

Al

You can't get the Intuitive Park Assist with the F Sport package. Get the Mark Levinson package if you can it's worth it and only a couple hundred bucks more. I definitely love my car
Old 12-10-13, 09:31 PM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by theoryguy3
You can't get the Intuitive Park Assist with the F Sport package. Get the Mark Levinson package if you can it's worth it and only a couple hundred bucks more. I definitely love my car
Thank you for the confirmation. Yes, for sure will get the ML added. Happy you like it :-)
Old 12-10-13, 09:45 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hushero
they are not bad like BMW website
Are you saying BMW's Build Your Own site is bad? I think it's one of the best.

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Most Lexus customers will just buy off the lot.
Hmm; I guess; Would you say other makes have higher incidence of special orders?
Old 12-10-13, 09:58 PM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Are you saying BMW's Build Your Own site is bad? I think it's one of the best. Hmm; I guess; Would you say other makes have higher incidence of special orders?
Yes. Whenever I build my previous cars with options that conflicting each other it won't tell. Until you realize you built a wrong car in the summary of your build (last page). So I used to do the old school stuff by hand writing my options and send it to my dealer.

The best website in my opinion is Infiniti website, smooth, user friendly, fast and easy to understand each option. The funny thing also you can build the car you want from your phone! :-)
Old 12-10-13, 10:03 PM
albino1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know how useful that site is. It says you can get Lane Departure Alert and Adaptive Cruise Control, but when I got my car the sales guy told me those weren't included in the 2014. Suppose he could have been mistaken though.
Old 12-10-13, 10:13 PM
hushero
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by albino1
I don't know how useful that site is. It says you can get Lane Departure Alert and Adaptive Cruise Control, but when I got my car the sales guy told me those weren't included in the 2014. Suppose he could have been mistaken though.
I can assure you that Adaptive cruise control or what Lexus call it "Pre-Collison System W/Dynamic Radar Cruise Control" is available as individual option only and not part of any package. It cost about 500 USD

Same thing with Blind spot monitoring system option

About the lane departure alert, I don't see it available for F sport models. I think it's only available on luxury types of IS

Thanks