IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Official: USDM 2014+ IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-16, 01:03 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by evident
Joe Z / Nigel, is this the harness and switch needed to wire up the foglight?
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/fog-li...h-onoff-switch
I can only say you have to treat this like adding Fog Lights to a car or truck with no wiring.

You can do it many different ways..

Joe Z
Old 06-19-16, 09:04 AM
atomic250
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Two struggles I see with 3IS owners. F-Sport owners want fog lights and non F-Sports want the F-Sport Grille lol. Lexus should give us the option of both world.
Old 01-08-17, 09:22 AM
Bertin3ISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My 2015 IS250 F Sport came wired for Fog Lamps!!!

Today I was installing the OEM fog lamp kit from Nigel-JDMParts. I start with the installation of the lamps itself and then notice that there was a connector available on each side that plugs perfectly on the lamps, so I plugged them, then went inside of the car and before removing the steering wheel I start first removing the plastic garnish from the top and down of the steering column, for my surprise there was wiring on the pins 10 and 11 of the K23 conector, so I decided to try the new stalk immediately......... and then 😁😁😁😁 fog lamps start working perfectly, even the dash light for them works. 👍🏻👌🏻💪🏻
The K23 connector from my 2015 IS250 F Sport

Doing the test
Factory stalk pins
Fog lamp stalk pins
Factory stalk
Fog lamp stalk
The following users liked this post:
Nigel-JDMParts (01-13-17)
Old 04-18-17, 08:05 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertin3ISF
Today I was installing the OEM fog lamp kit from Nigel-JDMParts. I start with the installation of the lamps itself and then notice that there was a connector available on each side that plugs perfectly on the lamps, so I plugged them, then went inside of the car and before removing the steering wheel I start first removing the plastic garnish from the top and down of the steering column, for my surprise there was wiring on the pins 10 and 11 of the K23 conector, so I decided to try the new stalk immediately......... and then 😁😁😁😁 fog lamps start working perfectly, even the dash light for them works. 👍🏻👌🏻💪🏻
The K23 connector from my 2015 IS250 F Sport

Doing the test
Factory stalk pins
Fog lamp stalk pins
Factory stalk
Fog lamp stalk
I want to check my car for this wiring before I make this purchase? Where can i expect to find the currently unused fog light wire?
Old 04-18-17, 10:47 AM
Bertin3ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ciggy
I want to check my car for this wiring before I make this purchase? Where can i expect to find the currently unused fog light wire?
Look for the White and White/Black cables on the K23 connector(pins 10 and 11), if you have those two in there your car came prewired.
The following users liked this post:
Ciggy (04-19-17)
Old 05-02-17, 02:50 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bertin3ISF
Look for the White and White/Black cables on the K23 connector(pins 10 and 11), if you have those two in there your car came prewired.
Yes I have both white and white/black so my car is pre-wired for fogs. Yes! I also have an extra pink wire next to them that I suspect is the remote start module.

I also found this plug hanging under the steering wheel. What is this? Maybe its for a heated steering wheel?

So after I order the Nigel JDM fog kit where will i find the stock fog plugs? Taped somewhere in the front bumper?

Thanks for your help
Old 05-03-17, 10:33 AM
Bertin3ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ciggy
Yes I have both white and white/black so my car is pre-wired for fogs. Yes! I also have an extra pink wire next to them that I suspect is the remote start module.

I also found this plug hanging under the steering wheel. What is this? Maybe its for a heated steering wheel?

So after I order the Nigel JDM fog kit where will i find the stock fog plugs? Taped somewhere in the front bumper?

Thanks for your help

Close to the fender liner Not my picture, but this is where it's located, this car have the front bumper removed but you don't need to do that, just pull the fender liner in that location and you'll be able to work with that
Old 05-05-17, 03:10 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,567 Posts

Lots of work for fog light switch! I just went w/ one from eBay. Plugs right into the holes near the BSM factory switch. Works perfect!
Old 05-07-17, 06:51 PM
Bertin3ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
Lots of work for fog light switch! I just went w/ one from eBay. Plugs right into the holes near the BSM factory switch. Works perfect!
lots of work???? It's plug and play bro
Old 06-20-17, 03:54 PM
TurkEclips
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got into a finder binder in my 2015 is350 f sport. the right head light was cracked and the bumper is doesnt alight with the hood (rubber is showing). I am thinking about buying this kit and seeing if they can install it during the repair. Does anyone know if these are in the US or are they shipped from Japan. Looking to get them soon so I can get my car fixed! Also if anyone knows any coupon codes that work that would be helpful. This kit price should be down by now since they changed the bumper in 2017. Thanks guys
Old 06-21-17, 07:30 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TurkEclips
I just got into a finder binder in my 2015 is350 f sport. the right head light was cracked and the bumper is doesnt alight with the hood (rubber is showing). I am thinking about buying this kit and seeing if they can install it during the repair. Does anyone know if these are in the US or are they shipped from Japan. Looking to get them soon so I can get my car fixed! Also if anyone knows any coupon codes that work that would be helpful. This kit price should be down by now since they changed the bumper in 2017. Thanks guys
Can only order from Japan. Price hasn't gone down. Delivery can be anywhere from 5-7 weeks I'm told. I've ordered them a couple weeks ago and I'm waiting. Not sure you'll be able to get these while waiting. You could go with an aftermarket kit although I'm not a fan of that option.

Anyway. Good luck! Sorry about your accident.
Old 06-21-17, 07:37 AM
TurkEclips
Rookie

Darn. I did email Nigel this morning about if they had them in stock in the US. If I have to wait a month or two I doubt I will do it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-21-17, 11:57 AM
TurkEclips
Rookie

Does anyone know a customer support number for
nigel? Just has 0's on website
Old 06-21-17, 12:00 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TurkEclips
Does anyone know a customer support number for
nigel? Just has 0's on website
He's a vendor on this forum. I PMed him and got a response the next day.
Old 06-22-17, 08:31 AM
TurkEclips
Rookie

Nigel doesn't seem to have good customer service. I assume he is legit or he wouldn't be on here. He doesn't reply to questions or doesn't want too

Quick Reply: Official: USDM 2014+ IS350 F-Sport w/JDM LED Fog Lamps Installed, Pics & Video Inside