IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

** DO NOT go to PUTNAM LEXUS to buy your 3IS or any Lexus for that matter **

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-13, 04:14 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you were purchasing an F sport the mounting holes are hidden behind the grill. I am not at all defending these jerk offs at this dealership but just don't see the issue with simply removing the mounting bracket.
Old 11-16-13, 05:30 PM
enoren
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
If you were purchasing an F sport the mounting holes are hidden behind the grill. I am not at all defending these jerk offs at this dealership but just don't see the issue with simply removing the mounting bracket.
Not true, Bob. Proper mounting on the F-Sport requires drilling through the F-Sport grille. I specifically asked that mine not be drilled when I picked up my car in July, and the dealership had no problem with it.
Old 11-16-13, 07:02 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Weird. My last 3 car purchase, the dealership just stored the front plate bracket in the trunk because we don't get the plates until about a month later after signing.

And all 3 times, I didn't have to make a request. And this is in CA where they are **** about front plates.

But I agree, the dealership handled this horribly.
Old 11-16-13, 07:32 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

That's correct (what enoren said), in order to drill into the mounting holes, you have to drill into the Fsport grille and it leaves 2 holes.

After speaking with 3-4 dealerships today after this Putnam Fiasco, amongst all 4, either they ask you to sign a waiver specifying you dont want the plate on or they simply dont put on the plate based on the customer request. Again, the principle wasnt their policy itself.. but how they handled it afterwards after I made 3 distinct requests with the salesman promising me.

Thanks guys for sending good thoughts on finding the next car. So far have some leads, so we'll see!!
Old 11-17-13, 08:07 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

when I bought my 06 IS and asked the saleswoman no front plate, all she said was "its your ticket" no forms nothing. Fine with me
Old 11-17-13, 09:12 AM
Deetaa
Driver School Candidate

I purchased my Fsport at Stevens Creek in August, and they actually encouraged me not to put on the front plate. Didn't drill the holes, just gave me the bracket and said if you really want to, bring it back and they'll do it for free.
Old 11-17-13, 09:22 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Front drill holes are really not that bad. Mine is already drilled but I didn't install plate, it's really hard to see the holes with F-Sport grill.
Old 11-17-13, 03:33 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Yup my bad you guys are right there are two holes drilled through my grill. Funny I guess because there is so much going on in the black grill it almost impossible to see the holes without running your fingers across it. If I wasn't leasing the car id care more but otherwise I am sure I am the only one who will ever know they exist.
Old 11-20-13, 08:40 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

I just think the fsport grille is not made to have a plate. I wonder if they will mod the grille to accommodate this in upcoming years.
Old 11-20-13, 05:18 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

The f sport grill has two little indents to drill for the plate. They are there, but obviously it looks better without the plate. Like you said, to replace the grill it is $190 part and takes 30 mins to swap...I did it on my car cause it was already drilled.
Old 11-20-13, 08:44 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

freaken bac ha's! o.O so when you getting the car?
Old 11-20-13, 08:54 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xmike714x
freaken bac ha's! o.O so when you getting the car?
Hahah Duu Maa!! I know man. It's coming next week bro!
Old 05-27-14, 09:59 AM
iamsam9
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default recent putnam visit experience

well, i've seen this dealership off the 101 freeway all the time but never had the chance to stop by and take a look.

this past weekend on a Saturday was the chance and here's my story:

- parked the car in the visitor parking area
- stood for a few minutes outside looking at a nice matador red IS-250/350 F-sport.
- walked in the main showroom floor.
- there were a group of employees having a staff meeting in the sofa lounge area.
- there were some sales people sitting at their desks on thier iphones texting or using their iphone.
- i walked around the small showroom floor and stood in front of the new cars peeking and looking.

here's the stunner:

Not one employee ackonloged me or came up to me and said anything.
nothing. i was invisible, like a ninja.

i walked outside to my car and drove off thinking.......
Old 05-27-14, 02:12 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iamsam9
well, i've seen this dealership off the 101 freeway all the time but never had the chance to stop by and take a look.

this past weekend on a Saturday was the chance and here's my story:

- parked the car in the visitor parking area
- stood for a few minutes outside looking at a nice matador red IS-250/350 F-sport.
- walked in the main showroom floor.
- there were a group of employees having a staff meeting in the sofa lounge area.
- there were some sales people sitting at their desks on thier iphones texting or using their iphone.
- i walked around the small showroom floor and stood in front of the new cars peeking and looking.

here's the stunner:

Not one employee ackonloged me or came up to me and said anything.
nothing. i was invisible, like a ninja.

i walked outside to my car and drove off thinking.......
Thats because walk-in buyers arent ready to buy. Just snooping around and asking annoying questions. Most sales comes from crazy internet shoppers who already know what they want and thinks they're getting a good deal. Its an ez sale. That's why they're on their phone texting back and forth or on their computer.
Old 05-27-14, 02:51 PM
Briitini
Rookie

Good for you sticking up for yourself, naming names and telling what happened. In the service dept of a dealership in Florida, Lexus of Melbourne to be exact, they actually told me to find another dealership because they couldn't give me the level of customer service that I deserved. This was months ago and now that I think about it, I may forward the information to Corporate Lexus. I don't put up with ****. I and other customers are paying these people's salaries. Provide excellent customer service isn't asking for much.