IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Trading the 3is for the Audi A5? thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-13, 06:40 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Wait for the RC if you're willing to give up the 3IS. It's just around the corner.
Old 11-09-13, 06:50 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tone2002
I really think you should.
I agree. From the start you didnt really like your new Lexus and seemed to be annoyed at every single item ( the wrong steering wheel i must admit was pretty bad ? ) but vents , strange odors etc etc. Life's too short so why not get something that will make you happier and move on
Old 11-09-13, 07:15 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vbx
6 speed manual. + the other stuff I already posted about previously.
Get the q50 you were raving about. Remember the 3IS sucks and smells like coolant.
Old 11-09-13, 07:46 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlude
Get the q50 you were raving about. Remember the 3IS sucks and smells like coolant.
Trust me, if your car smelled like coolant, you wouldn't want it either.
Old 11-09-13, 08:37 PM
js1011
Rookie

A5 looks awesome. I say go for it. Too bad Audi 4 door cars look plumpy and lack the aggressive lines, or I would have loved to go Audi.
Old 11-09-13, 08:44 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

The only Audi I would get is RS5 if I can afford one. Audi does the front grill and headlight design like no one else. Even Lexus tried to copy with spindle grill but still not as good looking, Audi reliability really sucks though.
Old 11-09-13, 08:51 PM
SunnyPanx
Driver School Candidate

I second that , audi reliability sucks , unless its the rs5 but even that will phase out as Audi tend to reshape every 3 years approx.
Old 11-09-13, 08:54 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

wait for RC?
Old 11-09-13, 09:15 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
wait for RC?
Isn't the RC coming in 2015? Also, I think it's automatic only.
Old 11-09-13, 09:48 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sure, if you have money to throw away on a trade on an almost brand new 3IS go ahead. It's absolutely foolish from a financial standpoint and you are doing it based on emotion, and making financial decisions based on emotion never ends well. But many people never outgrow their emotional side from their childhood when kids want everything they see regardless if it makes sense. Get hosed if you must, it's your money. But do you really think a new A5 will satisfy you? I doubt it. In a few months you'll see something else you like and you'll be asking the A5 forum whether you should trade on your next shiny object..
Old 11-09-13, 10:16 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Sure, if you have money to throw away on a trade on an almost brand new 3IS go ahead. It's absolutely foolish from a financial standpoint and you are doing it based on emotion, and making financial decisions based on emotion never ends well. But many people never outgrow their emotional side from their childhood when kids want everything they see regardless if it makes sense. Get hosed if you must, it's your money. But do you really think a new A5 will satisfy you? I doubt it. In a few months you'll see something else you like and you'll be asking the A5 forum whether you should trade on your next shiny object..
No point in keeping a car we can't drive because of the smell. Trust me, it's pretty toxic.

My previous car I had for 7 years. (G35 coupe). As long as the car doesn't give off toxic fumes, I'd be satisfy.
Old 11-09-13, 11:51 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

And you never thought of taking it to the dealer to fix it before wanting to trade it in? Ohhhkayyy...
Old 11-10-13, 01:03 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

I completely agree with you.

Although I wish I could've waited the next 4 years so the Lexus finally rids the kinks on the 3IS :|
Old 11-10-13, 02:25 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...or, put another way, if you one is prone to be obsessive and perfectionistic, one will see the imperfections in everything and not let them go. If this is so, changing the car might only provide a new object of complaint and dissatisfaction.
Old 11-10-13, 05:31 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

The smell is similar to the fumes given off by a new Tempur-Pedic mattress. The smell does go away just can't remember how long it took for that smell to go away when we got our bed. It is a sealant and protection coating they spray on it. The first couple weeks sleeping in the bed it was pretty horrible. But the support and sleep we got was the best we had in years.

Quick Reply: Trading the 3is for the Audi A5? thoughts?