IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

December to Remember Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-13, 10:36 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default December to Remember Question

Let's say I walk into my dealer in the next couple of weeks when the DTR promotions are going on and order a IS 350 FSport that they don't have - it will be in some time next year (let's say) - is that ordered car eligible for any DTR deals? (leasing deals, financing rates etc.)
Old 11-08-13, 10:52 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can only offer that promo when you sign the papers to take delivery of the car. Theoretically you can sign the papers to the deal once they have the VIN. But you might be paying for a car you won't have for another month or two.

The promo is a Lexus corporate deal don't think they can extend those rates after it expires. Could be wrong though they do extend those deals from time to time.
Old 11-08-13, 11:13 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Does this mean someone who ordered a car in August and took delivery in Dec. might get a better deal?
Old 11-08-13, 11:13 AM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know what the DTR promotions are going to be this year? Are they usually just lease specials, or financing rates as well?

I'm taking delivery of my car in about 2-3 weeks (purchase, not lease), it's going to be close and would want to make sure I get in on better financing if that's offered. (if it's better than 2%)
Old 11-08-13, 11:30 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

If you are purchasing, I would go to your local credit union / bank to see what they can offer and get pre-approved. Once you are pre-approved, you have 5-7 days to pay your dealer once you take the vehicle. Then go to your CU, give them the purchase order and they will pay your dealer directly for you.

My local CU was able to provide me 1.74% / 60 month loan up to full amount if I wished.
Old 11-08-13, 12:22 PM
dk206
Driver School Candidate

What is "DTR" promotion ?
Old 11-08-13, 12:29 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtang1
Does this mean someone who ordered a car in August and took delivery in Dec. might get a better deal?
Yes. I ordered in August and was told that I am eligable for whatever incentives are in play at the time of delivery.
Old 11-08-13, 12:38 PM
dk206
Driver School Candidate

Is there any incentives for nov or dec??
Old 11-08-13, 01:16 PM
bigtang1
Rookie

Originally Posted by dk206
What is "DTR" promotion ?
Sorry - "December To Remember" - I'm sure you've seen the commercials https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ima...lies/smile.gif
Old 11-08-13, 01:37 PM
bigtang1
Rookie

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Yes. I ordered in August and was told that I am eligable for whatever incentives are in play at the time of delivery.
Crap, should have ordered earlier !
Old 11-08-13, 06:55 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Spoke with my dealer today and he said DTR is starting tomorrow rather than mid Nov. Nothing official to go on though.
Old 11-09-13, 12:04 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Like most auto promotions, the DTR promotion is very loose. It often starts well before December, and can end after the first of the year. Often, the same promotions surface at other times of the year, just under a different name (Golden Opportunity). Lexus usually has something cooking all the time to sway buyers in and remain competitive. So while DTR could be nice, don't feel too bad if you miss it.
Old 11-09-13, 02:40 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Like most auto promotions, the DTR promotion is very loose. It often starts well before December, and can end after the first of the year. Often, the same promotions surface at other times of the year, just under a different name (Golden Opportunity). Lexus usually has something cooking all the time to sway buyers in and remain competitive. So while DTR could be nice, don't feel too bad if you miss it.
Also, I would be surprised if Lexus would offer an incentive for the IS350, but come on Lexus surprise me!
Old 11-09-13, 07:02 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, I would be surprised if Lexus would offer an incentive for the IS350, but come on Lexus surprise me!
If I can get < 1% rate I will consider financing. Didn't they also have incentives in the past for owning a competitor car?
Old 11-09-13, 12:52 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. Not sure they will feel the need to offer anything on a car which is already selling at a decent clip without any special offers.

Quick Reply: December to Remember Question