IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anyone's 3IS due the end of November in the NE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-13, 07:21 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone's 3IS due the end of November in the NE?

Hi all.

Just got word that my 3IS shipped out on the HEIJIN on 10/30 and is due in port (Elizabeth, NJ) on 11/29.

Anyone else expecting a car in the Northeast about this time? Yours may be on this ship as well. I am researching how to track the vessel as others have done. I will post updates if I have success.
Old 11-04-13, 03:16 PM
FyaIS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ordered mine a week ago....i hope it is...they trying to get it thru their allocation but they also special ordered one as back up! cant waitttt
Old 11-04-13, 04:02 PM
BLKSHP97
Driver School Candidate

I hope mine is on that ship as well. I was told by my dealership that my car shipped out on 10/29. Def post any updates if you figure out how to track the shipment. Thanks
Old 11-04-13, 04:10 PM
BLKSHP97
Driver School Candidate

I think i found that ship. Link provided for tracking purposes:

http://new.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/.../ships/8905426
Old 11-04-13, 04:23 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BLKSHP97
I think i found that ship. Link provided for tracking purposes:

http://new.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/.../ships/8905426
Yep, that''s the one! Its stopping in Panama on about 11/21 before heading up to Elizabeth NJ, due 11/29. I don't know how many, if any, stops between Panama and NJ.

I wasted $4 on an iPhone/iPad app that just gives a prettier version on the maritime site you reference. Looks like we have to wait until the ship gets closer to a coast to track. Unless, it appears , if one is willing to pay for the satellite subscription to track at sea. Even I am not crazy/obsessed enough to do that!!
Old 11-04-13, 04:30 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BLKSHP97
I hope mine is on that ship as well. I was told by my dealership that my car shipped out on 10/29. Def post any updates if you figure out how to track the shipment. Thanks

Your car probably is on that ship. It was scheduled to leave port on 10/29, but actually left , according to my sales guy, the next day, 10/30.

By the way, what are the specs on the car you ordered?

Last edited by CtSFox; 11-04-13 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-04-13, 07:00 PM
BLKSHP97
Driver School Candidate

I got my hands on a dealer allocation, IS350 F Sport AWD in Nebula Gray Pearl, with Black interior, Blind Spot Monitoring, and Rear cross-traffic alert with auto dimming mirrors. Looks like ours are similar except interior color and ML.
Old 11-05-13, 05:13 PM
FyaIS350
Rookie

i ordered an is350 f sport AWD ultra white/ rioja red apparently its a hard combo to find as there were none to be had in the NE
Old 11-05-13, 05:32 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FyaIS350
i ordered an is350 f sport AWD ultra white/ rioja red apparently its a hard combo to find as there were none to be had in the NE

Any luck getting your car through an allocation already in the pipeline or do you have to special order?

I wanted AWD and ML, a combination no longer being allocated to the Northeast region, so I had to special order. Funny thing, AWD and ML is common for allocations destined for the Pacific Northwest!
Old 11-05-13, 05:38 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Any luck getting your car through an allocation already in the pipeline or do you have to special order? I wanted AWD and ML, a combination no longer being allocated to the Northeast region, so I had to special order. Funny thing, AWD and ML is common for allocations destined for the Pacific Northwest!
Indeed, my dealer snatched my AWD/ML from Utah.
Old 11-05-13, 05:44 PM
FyaIS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Any luck getting your car through an allocation already in the pipeline or do you have to special order?

I wanted AWD and ML, a combination no longer being allocated to the Northeast region, so I had to special order. Funny thing, AWD and ML is common for allocations destined for the Pacific Northwest!
they are trying to get it thru their allocation, but they also custom ordered it as back up...it pays to be a tech @ the dealer you order it from....you can hound the salesman every day!!! LOL
Old 11-06-13, 08:32 AM
Rsnic
Rookie

I'm in NY waiting on a IS250 AWD Fsport Obsidian/Rioja Red and i just got word from the dealer that it left port on 10/30 so it has to be on this ship. I was told i will probably be able to pick it up early or mid December. Gonna be a really long month...

And thanks for the tracking info!
Old 11-12-13, 04:38 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Default The Heijin is trackable again!

The ship is off the coast of Baja California currently. She is due to stop at the Port of Balboa (Panama Canal) on 11/21 before heading up to Port of Elizabeth (NJ) scheduled for the day after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-12-13, 04:47 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, it made good progress. Less than two weeks to get to US. How often is there a ship carrying 3IS to US?
Old 11-12-13, 04:58 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

it takes 12-13 days to get from japan to the west coast of the US. if you figure the boat cruises at about 14 knots that should be pretty easy to figure. it comes out to about 430 miles per day.
if you use google maps and with the ruler function draw a path along its proposed route you should be able to get a pretty accurate idea of how long it will take.
the slow point will be the panama canal.
or if you as your dealer they should be able to tell you what the ETA is.
also marinetraffic.com clearly said the ETA to port. you never know my boat stopped in san francisco for 2 days, then before it got to portland did a 180 and sat off shore for 1/2 a day before heading in.
i think its safe to say they know pretty accurately when the boat will arrive to port.

what i have learned is the only variable is the time it takes to get from port by rail to the rail yard to be trucked to the dealer. the best guess they have been able to give me for my shipment is the last week of november.
fortunately that's only 2 weeks from now! i hope i get it before thanksgiving!

Quick Reply: Anyone's 3IS due the end of November in the NE?