Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Removed

Removed.....

Last edited by DexRox512; 10-02-14 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Please remove
Old 10-21-13, 10:34 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

OMGGGG Sorry to see that, but glad you are safe... but what?? The airbags didn't deploy?? This is quite disturbing looking at the damage and seeing that your car went head on into a brick sign.. none of the 10 airbags deployed at all?? This is definitely something to bring up to Lexus.

As for the car, hopefully you can get it taken care of with your insurance..

still disturbing that you were going 40 mph, hit a brick sign and airbags didnt deploy.. I would get a lawyer and see what Lexus can do about this... luckily you walked away with only some bruises and some back pain.. it could have been a lot worse...
Old 10-21-13, 10:37 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

how fast were you going you think when you made impact to the brick sign??
Old 10-21-13, 10:40 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

sorry to see this. Glad you're ok.

Good news is the car protected you despite non airbag deployment.

In light of the situation, Toyota could get a lesson in structural integrity and improve their IIHS crash scores by getting in touch with the makers of that Brick sign. That thing looks like a champ
Old 10-21-13, 10:41 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear that. Glad you are safe.

Hopefully they just Total the car and their insurance will pay for a brand new one. Car is barely 3 weeks old, no way in hell am I going to fix it and drive it.

Air bags didn't deploy? This car is sketchy as hell.
Old 10-21-13, 10:42 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

yeah, what causes airbags to deploy and how fast do you need to be going? Hmmm... time to google...

agreed that sign looks like a champ.. can even see Fsport grille RIP next to it
Old 10-21-13, 10:55 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DexRox512
Other thing I am concerned about is that the car is so new that getting odd little parts for it will take weeks from Japan as we won't have them in North America yet.
That should make totaling it even easier. I thought frame damage would automatically be a total loss. Depending on the type of frame damage the car will never drive the same again.
Old 10-21-13, 11:00 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

It's good you're mostly okay. Careful with your back though, usually back injuries progress and intensify later on. Hope it's not too serious!

That bumper looks like it did more than it shows. When I first saw the spindle grille, I was sure it would shatter into a dozen pieces if struck. You also collided offset with the corner of the sign, damage would have been greater if it struck the middle of the bumper, physical injuries would have been worse too.

Hopefully things will work out well for you.
Old 10-21-13, 11:06 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DexRox512
They're calling the "frame" basically a bolt on and off part or parts. Up close though, it is so many welds and metal that is torn and bent. I can't believe it. Wouldn't they only total it if the repair value was greater than half of the vehicle's buyout or loan balance??
I forgot, air bags didn't deploy. If it did, it would have a higher chance of being totaled. Lots of factor come in. It depends on the insurance company also.

But if I was in your situation, I would demand a new car (car was barely 3 weeks old) and they (the insurance company) can keep the beat up one.
Old 10-21-13, 11:09 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

saw this regarding airbags and legal action.. did your head hit the steering wheel or whip back when you made impact?

http://darrellcastle.com/blog/2012/w...njury-lawyers/
Old 10-22-13, 01:13 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I feel your anguish and sorry about the crash. At least you got the guy.
It doesn't look like a total to me. Don't see a huge amount of intrusion compared to other accidents where they do total the car.
Regardless of that outcome, these days most insurance companies get you a new car if it's under a year or something close to that. Investigate further with them to see what their policy is. Claim it's just too new of a car to have after it's been molested and altered from it's original state.
Also, do not be quick to settle your medical claim. Back problems will go away initially after some treatment, but often come right back the second you sleep wrong or lift something. I got burned this way after getting broad-sided, but there's no going back once you settle the case.
Old 10-22-13, 04:41 AM
BoredWork
Driver School Candidate

Ouch
Good thing you aren't seriously hurt

I did a head on collision in my car previous to getting a 350awd a couple weeks ago at low speeds (20km/h) and my airbags went off, frame damaged too....car was totaled and got paid out more than 80% of my purchase price 3 years ago, thus the move to Lexus

Dunno what my insurance was smoking but I accepted the deal since I expected a much lower settlement
Old 10-22-13, 05:43 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident. Metal can be fixed easily. Glad to hear no severe injuries.
Old 10-22-13, 06:01 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear but happy to see your ok. Best of luck with repairs but I would def seek out Lexus and inquire as to why the hell your airbags didn't go off that may help the situation when you go to turn in if you come to an agreement with them.
Old 10-22-13, 06:17 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In a head on with 2 moving vehicles you have their combined speeds to factor in. With the bricks, they were static so only one moving factor.

As for total loss or not, if the accident requires the title to reflect "frame damage" or any other impairment then it needs to be a "total loss" since your trade/private party/fair market value plummets with that on the title.

As they talk about "no total loss" my back, neck, and head would begin to flare up.

Quick Reply: Bad Day For My Baby and I Yesterday...