IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

I Survived the Wait!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-13, 01:54 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts
Default I Survived the Wait!!!

Barely........ but my car is finally here. My sales rep called me up this morning to let me know the truck had arrived and my car was about to be unloaded.

I know I probably didn't wait as much as some people have here, should consider myself lucky, but I am not patient when it comes to waiting on things I buy. When I was told they did not have the car I wanted and had to wait, it drove me crazy and then the wait itself drove me insane (specially my wife since she had to put up with me going everyday like "I can't wait for my car" "where's my car?" "OMG I'm going crazy waiting"... ) I ended up waiting about a month for it but it is here and I get to pick it up in about an hour now. I went to see it when it arrived (I live 10 blocks from the dealership) and should be ready soon for pickup. They had to do the inventory and detail it etc etc...

It is an Ultra White/Rioja Red IS350 F-Sport and it is replacing my 2011 SGM IS350 F-Sport, wish I could keep both cars but I already have another toy (300zx)

Here's a few pics:

These were taken and sent to me by my sales rep. (which by the way, he's great! Thumbs up)

And these, I took when I went to see it arriving.

Now this waiting to pickup the car is killing me lol
Old 10-21-13, 01:56 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations !!
Old 10-21-13, 01:57 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Congrats! Still waiting on mine it's in the country but dunno where at! haha
Old 10-21-13, 02:01 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome and congratulations... Cant wait to be in the same boat as you in about 3 weeks or so... great color choice!! ;-)
Old 10-21-13, 02:04 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Congrats on the arrival! Love the UW/RR combo. That Looks like Pat from Lex PP. He is pretty awesome lol.
Old 10-21-13, 02:05 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

BTW, what options did you get one with?
Old 10-21-13, 02:14 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks everybody, I just got the call to go pick it up! WOOOOHOOOO!!!

Originally Posted by yardie876
Congrats on the arrival! Love the UW/RR combo. That Looks like Pat from Lex PP. He is pretty awesome lol.
Lol yeah that's him

Originally Posted by alexlude
BTW, what options did you get one with?
I got it with BSM, VGRS and ML System and of course all the standard F package stuff
Old 10-21-13, 02:22 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Thanks everybody, I just got the call to go pick it up! WOOOOHOOOO!!!

I got it with BSM, VGRS and ML System and of course all the standard F package stuff

Awsm bro.. congrats!!
Old 10-21-13, 02:26 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Barely........ but my car is finally here. My sales rep called me up this morning to let me know the truck had arrived and my car was about to be unloaded.

I know I probably didn't wait as much as some people have here, should consider myself lucky, but I am not patient when it comes to waiting on things I buy. When I was told they did not have the car I wanted and had to wait, it drove me crazy and then the wait itself drove me insane (specially my wife since she had to put up with me going everyday like "I can't wait for my car" "where's my car?" "OMG I'm going crazy waiting"... ) I ended up waiting about a month for it but it is here and I get to pick it up in about an hour now. I went to see it when it arrived (I live 10 blocks from the dealership) and should be ready soon for pickup. They had to do the inventory and detail it etc etc...

It is an Ultra White/Rioja Red IS350 F-Sport and it is replacing my 2011 SGM IS350 F-Sport, wish I could keep both cars but I already have another toy (300zx)

Here's a few pics:

These were taken and sent to me by my sales rep. (which by the way, he's great! Thumbs up)

And these, I took when I went to see it arriving.

Now this waiting to pickup the car is killing me lol
LOL! I'm already a month into what could be 3-5 month wait with virtually no update what so ever from the dealer and you are dying waiting a month!

Congratz! Car looks nice! Also it's nice of your sales guy to send your photos of your car getting unloaded. I wish I had a sales guy who did that kind of service!
Old 10-21-13, 02:27 PM
titoman110
Driver

Congrats
Old 10-21-13, 02:28 PM
GreyCT
Driver School Candidate

very nice. congrats on ur new ride.

i m waiting for mine too. lol
Old 10-21-13, 02:36 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Also after talking to the sales guy Lexus has a limited production run of the UW / Red 350 F-sports. There will not be many of them made. Majority of them will be 250 F-sports. So if you got a 350 in this color combo consider yourself lucky. Apparently I got the last one that this dealer will be getting this year that is not special ordered.
Old 10-21-13, 02:43 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Such unique photos! Thanks for sharing and congrats!
Old 10-21-13, 02:50 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy the car. You could leave the plastic on the seats, it worked for my grandmother!
Old 10-21-13, 03:03 PM
unixadm
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 31 Posts

I got the exact same car being swapped around between dealers today. UW with Rioja Red Interior, ML Audio, VGRS, BSM and the Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks and Bumper Appliqué.

VERY NICE and Congrats!

I also test drove one in the same color combination but it didn't have ML Audio or VGRS which I wanted. Hope to have it within a week. In person it looks really nice.

Quick Reply: I Survived the Wait!!!