IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Officially put the order in for 350 Fsport today!!! Wooot!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-13, 08:02 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Officially put the order in for 350 Fsport today!!! Wooot!

So I've been here on CL for awhile now and upon signing up, I pretty much knew I was going to get the new IS. Have to be honest I wasn't hooked when i first saw it in pics and on the commercials, but when I went into the dealership and test drove one several weeks ago, I was hooked (And definitely have to say they look much better in person). The Lexus salesman took me on a comprehensive 30 minute test drive showing me all the gadgets and taking her up to 130mph!! Yea, i'm not lying 130 on the freeway.. yeah I was a bit surprised how fast it got up there and how smooth the ride and gearbox was. After my turn to drive and taking it up to about 115-120 on the freeway and experiencing the really smooth rev-matching downshifts and way the car handled on some of the exits, I was definitely hooked. I would rather it be on some Michelin Pilot Sports vs the Bridgestone Turanza rubber, though...

I went back 'n forth from Ultra white to Nebula grey and even briefly considered waiting for the UltraSonic Blue (possibly to release next year..). Finally decided on the Ultra White / Rioja Red interior after seeing one in person (already sold to someone).

But as of earlier this week a car was found with the configuration I wanted from the October Production/November Delivery for the West Coast. Went in today, spent some extra time on the enform system (albeit it was version 8400) and took my time checking out most of the interior / leg room/ comfortability. I'm 5'10" and 170 and this will be my daily driver. The rear is good enough to throw a recaro car seat in the back for my son when we're not using my wife's SUV. =) and the 60/40 fold down seats are useful.

The car was built yesterday, will be in port next month and i'll have her in time for Thanksgiving First thing I want to do is full frontal clear bra and change out all interior and exterior lights to some white LEDs. Excited!!

350 Fsport
- Ultra White / Rioja Red
- F sport pkg
- BSM
- VGRS
- Mark Levinson
- Trunk mat / Cargo net / Wheel Locks

(Wanted PCS, but not waiting 4-5 months for one just for this)

MSRP = $48,462
Invoice = $45,583
My price = $43,883 + Tax + License ($1700 below invoice was the best I could do)

Dealer had some nice media for the IS that they gave out as well..

Old 10-19-13, 08:18 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexlude
So I've been here on CL for awhile now and upon signing up, I pretty much knew I was going to get the new IS. Have to be honest I wasn't hooked when i first saw it in pics and on the commercials, but when I went into the dealership and test drove one several weeks ago, I was hooked (And definitely have to say they look much better in person). The Lexus salesman took me on a comprehensive 30 minute test drive showing me all the gadgets and taking her up to 130mph!! Yea, i'm not lying 130 on the freeway.. yeah I was a bit surprised how fast it got up there and how smooth the ride and gearbox was. After my turn to drive and taking it up to about 115-120 on the freeway and experiencing the really smooth rev-matching downshifts and way the car handled on some of the exits, I was definitely hooked. I would rather it be on some Michelin Pilot Sports vs the Bridgestone Turanza rubber, though...

I went back 'n forth from Ultra white to Nebula grey and even briefly considered waiting for the UltraSonic Blue (possibly to release next year..). Finally decided on the Ultra White / Rioja Red interior after seeing one in person (already sold to someone).

But as of earlier this week a car was found with the configuration I wanted from the October Production/November Delivery for the West Coast. Went in today, spent some extra time on the enform system (albeit it was version 8400) and took my time checking out most of the interior / leg room/ comfortability. I'm 5'10" and 170 and this will be my daily driver. The rear is good enough to throw a recaro car seat in the back for my son when we're not using my wife's SUV. =) and the 60/40 fold down seats are useful.

The car was built yesterday, will be in port next month and i'll have her in time for Thanksgiving First thing I want to do is full frontal clear bra and change out all interior and exterior lights to some white LEDs. Excited!!

350 Fsport
- Ultra White / Rioja Red
- F sport pkg
- BSM
- VGRS
- Mark Levinson
- Trunk mat / Cargo net / Wheel Locks

(Wanted PCS, but not waiting 4-5 months for one just for this)

MSRP = $48,462
Invoice = $45,583
My price = $43,883 + Tax + License ($1700 below invoice was the best I could do)

Dealer had some nice media for the IS that they gave out as well..

Congratz! It's crazy how low the price is going now! $1700 below invoice!
Old 10-19-13, 09:22 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Wow! Such a great deal. If it was from Stevens Creek I'll be quite sad.

Everyone gets those booklets. lol
Old 10-19-13, 09:33 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

hehee I know, not saying I was special :-)

What I did was email blast all dealers up and down Cali and took best price I got to leverage against local dealers.
Old 10-20-13, 06:56 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Wow! Such a great deal. If it was from Stevens Creek I'll be quite sad.

Everyone gets those booklets. lol
I didn't get the one from Car and Driver!
Old 10-20-13, 07:31 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the order. The deals in CA are amazing compared to the rest of the country.
Old 10-20-13, 09:16 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Thanks everyone, really excited to get one soon!!

Actually the 350 fsports are selling like hot cakes here in CA. According to nov production chart, only 38 are built with UW/RR for November and most of them are allocated and reserved. There is already a waitlist at magnussen and best they can do is 500 below or at invoice.

Guess it depends if you have a price to leverage with and a GM that is in a good mood to negotiate price.

Last edited by alexlude; 10-20-13 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-20-13, 09:29 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks everyone, really excited to get one soon!!

Actually the 350 fsports are selling like hot cakes here in CA. According to nov production chart, only 38 are built with UW/RR for November and most of them are allocated and reserved. There is already a waitlist at magnussen and best they can do is 500 below or at invoice.

Guess it depends if you have a price to leverage with and a GM that is in a good mood to negotiate price.
If demand is that high why wouldn't they stick with MSRP? Where do you see the production chart for Lexus?
Old 10-20-13, 11:13 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

They still can't get them here in Houston. Congrats!
Old 10-20-13, 11:19 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Congrats !
Old 10-20-13, 12:11 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I didn't get the one from Car and Driver!
Same info as the website, lol.

Originally Posted by SonyHome
If demand is that high why wouldn't they stick with MSRP? Where do you see the production chart for Lexus?
Probably cause us Asians are cheapos. The dealers might be getting a lot of people coming in interested for an IS, but those willing to spend MSPR already got it, the ones who want one now most likely are willing to wait for better deals. Words already gone through California that you don't need to pay retail anymore, the game is up. The interval between 3IS sightings are decreasing, I see a few each week now.
Old 10-20-13, 03:01 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is already a waitlist at magnussen and best they can do is 500 below or at invoice.

LOL. Magnussen is the WORST dealer in the Bay Area. Good luck with that. Should have drove over to Pleasanton. Magnussen will offer a better deal though since they are desperate for sales. I just wouldnt get my car serviced over there. Dont believe their BS. If they really had a big waitlist you would be paying MSRP. Think about it.
Old 10-20-13, 03:10 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Asians are not cheapos, we are value hungry consumers.

Probably cause us Asians are cheapos. The dealers might be getting a lot of people coming in interested for an IS, but those willing to spend MSPR already got it, the ones who want one now most likely are willing to wait for better deals. Words already gone through California that you don't need to pay retail anymore, the game is up. The interval between 3IS sightings are decreasing, I see a few each week now.
Old 10-20-13, 03:13 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

I liked to keep these things like brochure and give it to the next buyer of my car! I did that with my previous car and buyer really appreciated it. Most likely it'll be my son's car when he goes to college and he might enjoy reading these also or he can pass it on when he sells it.
Old 10-20-13, 03:15 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
Asians are not cheapos, we are value hungry consumers.
This car is not cheap! There is nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal.

Quick Reply: Officially put the order in for 350 Fsport today!!! Wooot!