IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

This wait is killing me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-13, 01:37 PM
Slimjimlim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This wait is killing me!!!

So i just got news that my car hit port on the 8th..... and now we are waiting for them to process and get the car ready for delivery...... Im dying inside waiting for this car to come to me in denver!!! So im guessing another week or 2.
Old 10-15-13, 02:09 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slimjimlim
So i just got news that my car hit port on the 8th..... and now we are waiting for them to process and get the car ready for delivery...... Im dying inside waiting for this car to come to me in denver!!! So im guessing another week or 2.
Mine arrived at Long Beach on 10/7 the day before yours. Called the dealer and my sales guy said they have it slotted to be here end of the month. Cars take a week to clear customs and the red tape before it is put on a train / truck for shipment. Plus we are not sure if the gov shutdown has any effect on the port or not.

I was expecting my car the end of this week but from the sounds of it I got another 2 weeks to go. One more month of no car payments isn't going to kill me. Current car is paid off. :P
Old 10-15-13, 02:18 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

If it's not here by the end of Oct going to get my deposit back and fly out to LA and buy a car off the lot.
Old 10-15-13, 02:32 PM
greggy23
Rookie

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
Mine arrived at Long Beach on 10/7 the day before yours. Called the dealer and my sales guy said they have it slotted to be here end of the month. Cars take a week to clear customs and the red tape before it is put on a train / truck for shipment. Plus we are not sure if the gov shutdown has any effect on the port or not.

I was expecting my car the end of this week but from the sounds of it I got another 2 weeks to go. One more month of no car payments isn't going to kill me. Current car is paid off. :P
Mine reached the port of LB on Oct 7th as well. I'm in Socal and still waiting for arrival at Toyota HQ.
Old 10-15-13, 02:50 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

the wait is killing you, but once you get it. you will feel so alive !
Old 10-15-13, 03:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
the wait is killing you, but once you get it. you will feel so alive !
We talking about the 3IS right
Old 10-15-13, 03:37 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

mine arrives at the same port in 3 weeks, it leaves japan on Thursday. your wait will be 2-3 weeks from now.
I just talked to my dealer and their shipment arrived with yours on the 8th, he just told me those cars still have not got on a train yet, so your looking at another 2 weeks minimum. sorry!
Old 10-15-13, 04:31 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

My dealer went from telling me info to not telling me. Only bugging him once every 2 weeks.
Old 10-15-13, 05:34 PM
Slimjimlim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
mine arrives at the same port in 3 weeks, it leaves japan on Thursday. your wait will be 2-3 weeks from now.
I just talked to my dealer and their shipment arrived with yours on the 8th, he just told me those cars still have not got on a train yet, so your looking at another 2 weeks minimum. sorry!
Well then..... that sucks for me! im gonna cry hhahah
Old 10-15-13, 05:51 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
If it's not here by the end of Oct going to get my deposit back and fly out to LA and buy a car off the lot.
Are you sure you can get your deposit back if you cancel?
Old 10-15-13, 06:26 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

I only wish I had week or two of wait left!
Old 10-15-13, 06:34 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

The last couple weeks are even worse! lol. I got so antsy when I was told me car was at port, then heard it'd be a week before it'd be up. That one week turned out to be two! Big tease right there...
Old 10-15-13, 08:32 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

when i bought my corvette my car sat at the bowling green assembly plant finished and ready to go for an additional month until the transport truck had enough orders to fill a 12 car transporter headed west. then if that wasn't enough there was a snow storm rolling through wyoming and i bought my car from a dealer in billings MT. i was driving my truck pulling an empty u-haul all the way from colorado to MT 850 miles away to pick up my car and bring it home.
if i can wait through an extra month to buy a 90,000 corvette. i think i can make it another 4-5 weeks for my new lexus to arrive.
the good news is whenever i need a little lexus Love, my wife trades me the 2013 GS F sport for a week whhile she drives the truck. (she honestly doesn't car what car she drives) but even though its not the IS its pretty close and still smells new so it's a decent replacement for temporary.
Old 10-15-13, 08:33 PM
greggy23
Rookie

Originally Posted by greggy23
Mine reached the port of LB on Oct 7th as well. I'm in Socal and still waiting for arrival at Toyota HQ.
Just checked online and the status is G05 which means it's on its way to the delivery point. Probably just a couple more days.
Old 10-16-13, 02:20 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greggy23
Just checked online and the status is G05 which means it's on its way to the delivery point. Probably just a couple more days.
How do you check your status online?

Quick Reply: This wait is killing me!!!