IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-16, 08:36 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope this does not sound like a joke but i think we seriously need a class action lawsuit! We have lots of people on this thread alone, just think about all the unfortunate and unknown 2014 owners who are dealing with this problem on their own.
Old 06-02-16, 09:01 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 398 Likes on 242 Posts

"Sir we need to keep the car for a few days to figure this out" ok np, I emphasized the gateway ecu you guys posted here and he noted it. Loaner is a Rc200t, cute ride but the seat vent is broken!! I had on cool and my lower back was on fire ffffffffffffffffffff!!! SMH not going to bother complaining, the dealer is 45 minutes away plus my wife drives it and she doesn't mind she said.
Oh and I showed a few at service center and they heard of clublexus............
Old 06-04-16, 09:32 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomin
"Sir we need to keep the car for a few days to figure this out" ok np, I emphasized the gateway ecu you guys posted here and he noted it. Loaner is a Rc200t, cute ride but the seat vent is broken!! I had on cool and my lower back was on fire ffffffffffffffffffff!!! SMH not going to bother complaining, the dealer is 45 minutes away plus my wife drives it and she doesn't mind she said.
Oh and I showed a few at service center and they heard of clublexus............
I'll be heading to the dealer on Monday as I'm being sent to an engineering conference.

I'll be there for 2 days. How long did it take for you guys? I'm afraid that the dealer will need more time. Only problem is that I'm 300miles from home.

I so hope they fix it while I'm there or I'm going to seriously flip out. Been treated like crap by Lexus up to this point. Let's hope the famous customer service steps in this time and fixes it. Or they could swap for the rcf:-)
Old 06-05-16, 08:27 AM
UNC1334
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug
I wish they'd issue an "in case it's needed TSB" that would be honored beyond the warranty period. Just in case this happens to '14 owners after the 50K mile mark.

I have enjoyed this car for the past two years, but I think I will be taking the BMW approach and trading in before the warranty expires. Such a shame.
Old 06-05-16, 12:59 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mrg02d

I'll be heading to the dealer on Monday as I'm being sent to an engineering conference.

I'll be there for 2 days. How long did it take for you guys? I'm afraid that the dealer will need more time. Only problem is that I'm 300miles from home.

I so hope they fix it while I'm there or I'm going to seriously flip out. Been treated like crap by Lexus up to this point. Let's hope the famous customer service steps in this time and fixes it. Or they could swap for the rcf:-)
Diagnosis can take them all week, but replacing ecu if they have it in stock takes 1 hr.
Old 06-06-16, 06:27 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Happened to me this morning. Thankfully was in my garage at the time. car was off for about 36 hours. Taking the car into the dealer on Wednesday. I just hope they don't give me the runaround and go straight to the gateway ECU. I asked the person writing the appointment to make note that I think it's the Gateway ECU. but we'll see on Wed when i talk to them.

Last edited by evident; 06-06-16 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-06-16, 06:29 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Next time flatbed it in

Originally Posted by evident
Happened to me this morning. Thankfully was in my garage at the time. Taking the car into the dealer on Wednesday. I just hope they don't give me the runaround and go straight to the gateway ECU. I asked the person writing the appointment to make note that I think it's the Gateway ECU. but we'll see on Wed when i talk to them.
If everyone with this 'dead battery syndrome' in a 2014 IS had it towed to the dealer on a flatbed, Lexus would start paying better attention to the issue.
Old 06-08-16, 09:04 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Happened to me this morning. Thankfully was in my garage at the time. car was off for about 36 hours. Taking the car into the dealer on Wednesday. I just hope they don't give me the runaround and go straight to the gateway ECU. I asked the person writing the appointment to make note that I think it's the Gateway ECU. but we'll see on Wed when i talk to them.
Had a completely drama free experience at the dealer so far: dropped my car off, got a loaner nx200t, watched people roll in and out with the nationwide nav failure lol.

Got a call about an hour ago and said that the battery is still good, but they will need to order a gateway ECU and that it would be ready for me tomorrow. They are also replacing some rubber pieces along the moonroof cover that seems to keep falling apart, all covered under warranty.
Old 06-08-16, 03:01 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Had a completely drama free experience at the dealer so far: dropped my car off, got a loaner nx200t, watched people roll in and out with the nationwide nav failure lol.

Got a call about an hour ago and said that the battery is still good, but they will need to order a gateway ECU and that it would be ready for me tomorrow. They are also replacing some rubber pieces along the moonroof cover that seems to keep falling apart, all covered under warranty.
I had the opposite. Told battery was fine. They didn't check anything else. I mentioned ECU and was told "nah"

So now I'm back from my conference, 300 miles away, pissed. My one fricken chance to get to a dealer without having to make a huge sacrifice. I'll be *****ing out corporate soon.
Old 06-08-16, 04:54 PM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

I had the opposite. Told battery was fine. They didn't check anything else. I mentioned ECU and was told "nah"
Where's the dealer in Florida (just the city, not the name please)?
Old 06-08-16, 05:06 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeapFrog
Clearwater, fl.
Old 06-08-16, 05:42 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

My dealer said nah too, so i said I'm not gonna take the car back if you don't replace the ecu and just keep complaining to corporate.
Old 06-08-16, 06:01 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
My dealer said nah too, so i said I'm not gonna take the car back if you don't replace the ecu and just keep complaining to corporate.
How'd it work out?

Wish I was financially in a position to trade this car away now. Just bought a house, so can't be thinking about that right now. I'm seriously disappointed in Lexus CS.
Old 06-08-16, 07:07 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

How'd it work out?

Wish I was financially in a position to trade this car away now. Just bought a house, so can't be thinking about that right now. I'm seriously disappointed in Lexus CS.
I eventually got the ecu, they had to order it and i came back a week or 2 later for the ecu replacement. Don't let them bully or convince you to believe it's okay for a $50k car to have problems like this. It's really funny how the service advisors would BS me when they themselves have experienced the same problem on their IS lol.
Old 06-09-16, 03:06 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Clearwater, fl.
Too bad I didn't know this earlier, I would have suggested you go to the Tampa dealer. The Tampa Bay area dealers are all owned by the same company so it doesn't really matter which one you go to, but Tampa has it all over Clearwater when it comes to knowing what they are doing. And the dealership is much, much nicer too!

Quick Reply: 3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)