IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-14, 07:16 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by cFoo
Can you guys confirm something? Do you leave your headlights switch on "Auto" or completely off when you park your car? I went through the changes with the dealer's tech on what I made to the car before the battery drained this weekend. The only thing I could think of is that I left the lights switch on "Auto" instead of normal off when I parked the car.
Have it on Auto.
Old 10-05-14, 12:13 PM
ojn949
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this still an issue for people? has it happened to any 2015's?
Old 10-05-14, 07:16 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ojn949
is this still an issue for people? has it happened to any 2015's?
Haven't seen any reports of it on 2015s, but maybe it' simply too soon to know for sure.
Old 10-08-14, 12:36 PM
istasy
Driver School Candidate

Just happened to me today! What a joke!
Old 10-08-14, 03:47 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Had the same thing happen, 3 days of zero driving, then came out and tried to go to work on Monday and it was dead...
Really interesting, I hope that they figure out this.. Cant afford to have this happen if I get called in on a Trauma call
Old 10-09-14, 09:01 AM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing my dealer can tell me is that it is a known issue. That doesn't really help me the next time I park-n-fly for 3+ days.
Old 10-09-14, 09:30 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cFoo
The only thing my dealer can tell me is that it is a known issue. That doesn't really help me the next time I park-n-fly for 3+ days.
No kidding. I feel like I have to buy a jumper box and drive around with that in the trunk. How convenient.
Old 10-09-14, 10:53 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i'm still shocking this issue hasn't been exposed by media yet. what about your IS is the only car in your household and you need it for an emergency and the battery dies on you for no good reason.
Old 10-09-14, 12:25 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
i'm still shocking this issue hasn't been exposed by media yet. what about your IS is the only car in your household and you need it for an emergency and the battery dies on you for no good reason.
According to Lexus, I should just call roadside assistance from inside the car....with a dead battery.After the third person said that, I started being a wise ***. I asked, "oh, the phone still works when the battery is dead?" Silence.

Last edited by link13; 10-09-14 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-09-14, 04:35 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by link13
According to Lexus, I should just call roadside assistance from inside the car....with a dead battery.After the third person said that, I started being a wise ***. I asked, "oh, the phone still works when the battery is dead?" Silence.
that's not the point, a brand new $40k+ car should not have this problem period. i have my eyes set on the upcoming IS200t, but this battery thing is such a turn off, and just may be that deal breaker for me to switch to Caddy or BMW.
Old 10-09-14, 04:49 PM
IS1911
Driver

that's not the point, a brand new $40k+ car should not have this problem period. i have my eyes set on the upcoming IS200t, but this battery thing is such a turn off, and just may be that deal breaker for me to switch to Caddy or BMW.
If you're going to take a chance on a newly designed turbo engine you wll have much more to be concerned with than a battery drain issue.
Old 10-09-14, 11:01 PM
link13
Lead Lap

You are the one who missed the point. The point is, this should not be an issue and having corporate say stupid **** like, "call roadside from inside the car" when the car has a dead battery makes it worse. To spell it out, the phone in the car does not work when the battery is dead. When the third person told me about roadside from in the car, I was losing my patience.

I am glad I leased the car. I like it a lot, but if they can't resolve this, they are getting the car back.
Old 10-11-14, 05:55 AM
istasy
Driver School Candidate

Lexus just replaced my battery and said that the old one had a dead cell. Hopefully that is all the issue is.
Old 10-11-14, 12:21 PM
jjmaxx81
Driver School Candidate

This happened to my 2014 IS250 (with only 11k miles) last Monday after not driving over the weekend. I had to call AAA and they jumped it then tested the battery and said its fine but something might have drained the battery?? Not sure what though??????
I usually don't drive it on weekends and it starts fine on Mondays. I've even left it as long as a week during business trips.
Old 10-16-14, 04:44 AM
cmc22
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. I have a 2014 IS250 with about 7200 miles on it. since i have had the car it has been having little problems like the hd radio will cut in and out about 10 times during one song and every once in awhile when driving down the road the navigation screen will go completely out for about 30 seconds only to come back on and say it is rebooting. just recently i had trouble starting my car when i got off work. i pushed on the button to start it and it didnt do anything so i pressed it again and it started but once i started to pull out of the parking spot my check engine light came on so i took the car home and put it in the garage. then a day later on sunday i went out to get in the car to go somewhere and tried to start it again for it only to once again not do anythine while i was pressing the button. this time the third time i hit the button all the light inside and outside the car started going crazy and you could see a litte smoke coming from around the center vents and smell something eletrical burning. i quickly got my family out of my car and my house because the car was in my garage. i then called lexus and they have picked up the car and are trying to tell me that even though the car was dead in the water nothing is wrong with it but they are not sure what made it go crazy and smoke or even make the whole car loose power. I now do not feel safe or comfortable even parking the car in my garage and lexus is refusing to do anything about it but say if it does it again bring it back in. i was also told by a representative of lexus not to worry because it it would have caught fire and burned my house down that my car insurance would have covered everything. this is my first lexus i have owned and i am thinking it will be my last.

Quick Reply: 3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)