IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-13, 09:52 AM
mahtbeezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 3IS died yesterday as well. it was sitting for 4 days and nothing was left on. It is now at the dealer. They did a test on the battery and it showed something else is causing the problem. I have 5,500 miles so far. ughhhh
Old 10-15-13, 11:24 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear... please report back on the issue they've discovered.. thanks!!
Old 10-15-13, 11:31 AM
ras1325
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vbx
Why would the battery drain quicker when u turn the car off in park?

Turning the car off in drive leaves all the the electronics on.
Maybe what I wrote was confusing. They said that I probably turned it off while in drive, which drained the battery. They also said maybe I left a light on the interior or something, to which I said, wouldn't have still been on when I jumped the car?
Old 10-15-13, 11:37 AM
mahtbeezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexlude
sorry to hear... please report back on the issue they've discovered.. thanks!!
just got a call back from dealer. battery is "fine" and they recharged it back to 100%

I'll see if it happens again and demand something else to be done.
Old 10-15-13, 11:37 AM
Alius
Pole Position

I actually had a similar incident @2,000 miles, I thought I left something on but I usually never do since I make sure.

Had the car taken to the dealer and they jump-started the batt, tested it and said it had no problem and so far, knock on wood, have had no problems.

But reading from this thread it seems to be happening to others too which may lead to believe something else may be the underlying cause or maybe we just got faulty batts?
Old 10-15-13, 11:52 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mahtbeezy
just got a call back from dealer. battery is "fine" and they recharged it back to 100%

I'll see if it happens again and demand something else to be done.
Weird, did you ask them what "else" was causing the problem? This also happened on my wife's 2011 Nissan Murano around 2k mile mark. it had to be jumped but since then, no problems with the battery. She's at 45k now ... weird
Old 10-15-13, 12:03 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ras1325
Maybe what I wrote was confusing. They said that I probably turned it off while in drive, which drained the battery. They also said maybe I left a light on the interior or something, to which I said, wouldn't have still been on when I jumped the car?
Ok. Yeah, I turned the car off while on "D" once and it made a loud warning noise when I left the car. I was wondering wth that noise was. When I got back in the car, I saw that everything was on. Radio, etc etc.
Old 10-15-13, 02:30 PM
greggy23
Rookie

Originally Posted by vbx
Ok. Yeah, I turned the car off while on "D" once and it made a loud warning noise when I left the car. I was wondering wth that noise was. When I got back in the car, I saw that everything was on. Radio, etc etc.
I did this in my 2IS when it was new. Came home from a night of too much partying. Walked out the next day to a dead battery.

I noticed that the car was in gear and I had turned the car off while still in "D". I was driving a Pruis prior and you could do that in the Prius and it shuts off the car.
Old 10-15-13, 05:42 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by mahtbeezy
my 3IS died yesterday as well. it was sitting for 4 days and nothing was left on...

If the car is outdoors, you likely had the car locked which enables the anti-theft/alarm sensors and therefore will drain the battery more quickly eventually. When I leave on business trips (i.e. for 5-6 days), I put my car in the garage, unlocked and starts without issue.
Old 11-03-13, 05:20 PM
matk25
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issue this evening. My car is at about 4000 miles and wasn't started for around 35-40 hours.

I'm just glad that I discovered the issue this evening instead of tomorrow morning at 6.
Old 11-18-13, 10:33 AM
cr41013
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 IS250 F Sport battery drain

So I bought my car almost two months ago. For the second time not starting my car for one full day, the battery has completely died. Nothing has been left on! The dealership is telling me this is normal because of all the applications the car runs during "sleep mode". This just sounds crazy to me! Basically I will have to jump my car every time if I don't start my car with in a 15-24 hour period.

Does anyone have this problem and if so, what are they telling you? I am seriously thinking about getting a lawyer at this point.

Thank you!
Old 11-18-13, 10:49 AM
sloosh
Driver

Whoever told you that at the dealership is a ****ing moron. It should not be doing that - mine definitely doesn't as I've left it alone for a week with no issues starting it up. I would talk with someone else at the dealership or go somewhere else.
Old 11-18-13, 10:53 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Wow dealer are so stupid. Definitely not normal.
Old 11-18-13, 11:01 AM
cr41013
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sloosh
Whoever told you that at the dealership is a ****ing moron. It should not be doing that - mine definitely doesn't as I've left it alone for a week with no issues starting it up. I would talk with someone else at the dealership or go somewhere else.
Originally Posted by dojoman
Wow dealer are so stupid. Definitely not normal.
Ok, thank you guys... I am dropping it off today and they promised multiple test on it. Hopefully I get it fixed asap.
Old 11-18-13, 11:03 AM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like something is defective.

Quick Reply: 3IS Battery Drain (merged threads)