IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Do you guys park like this LOL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-13, 07:55 AM
G8rGirl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eyeball
I prefer superwide parking spaces in which only one other car will be right next to me. Overprotective yes, but worth it!
I've done this every single time since I bought the car. It doesn't stop the occasional weirdo that somehow feels the need to park next to me when there are 7,000 other spots available.
Old 10-12-13, 10:07 AM
axis77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still do this 7 years later on my IS250, some people just don't care about what happens to their own let alone hitting your car with theirs...and some people don't care about their own car and notice how you try to take care of something they probably cant afford and they think your a douche-bag because of it.."so i will park right next to you trying to take care of your car..and DING!
Old 10-12-13, 10:23 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Yep, I park as FAR AWAY as possible especially ever since I've owned Lexus vehicles. If there's a close spot, I'll only take it if there's a really wide space in my spot or the one beside like a handicap spot.
Old 10-12-13, 10:42 AM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just cannot fathom people's disregard for other people's property. It would be totally unacceptable for me to slam my door into someone else's car deliberately. I just couldn't do it
Old 10-12-13, 11:50 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes we forget that it's not just the need to watch our for other cars. I see kids and adults lean on other people's cars all the time at the train station because it's right next to the bus stops.
Old 10-12-13, 12:19 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

most of the people at my work dont know how to park or always in a rush plus the parking spots are very small so they either park on the line or they double park..i choose to park way far away and i always park on the edge giving myself alot of room but people always end up parking near me when there is a million parking spots everywhere lol...

Old 10-12-13, 07:15 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

At work I park far away one empty parking slot away from another IS (a 2nd gen). Elsewhere, I always park in in another galaxy:

Old 10-12-13, 08:27 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Not an IS but I also park far away.. I came back from being the only car..at least people know
Attached Thumbnails Do you guys park like this LOL?-photo.jpg  
Old 10-12-13, 09:10 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by puckhead85
Not an IS but I also park far away.. I came back from being the only car..at least people know
Wow, that's awesome how everyone there knows to park one spot after. This should be common knowledge!

Give it up to someone with a pos car to park right next to you and ruin it for everyone. Like we park this way to "reserve them a spot" just for thir pos car.
Old 10-12-13, 11:02 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i have a 1280x1024 high definition camera recording at all times focused on exactly where i park at work. if anyone dings my car ill have a plate number to go with it.
i also have blackvue cameras running in the car. they record while parked and record 1080p 30 frames per sec. mainly for accident recording purposes.
being in insurance, it occurred to me some time ago that a 300.00 camera is far less expensive than an attorney and a picture is worth a thousand words.
many years ago i went to court for a ticket that a cop wrote me despite the incident where someone else ran into me intentionally.
after 50 miles and 3 calls to the 911 dispatcher trying to get someone to pull this clown over. he apparently could tell lies better than i was able to tell the truth. i ended up with several tickets.
the court was of no help, they knew i had an attorney and enjoyed spending my money rescheduling and postponing the trial until 3 days before speedy trial date. ended up pleading guilt to something i did not do because they were willing to drop the court fees and accept my plea. 7,500 bucks later and about a year later finally managed to pay my attorney off. 3 years of increased insurance premiums later and a huge lesson learned!
a $300.00 camera would have changed everything!
i run a camera in front and rear for that very reason.
for those of you who live in areas where criminals perform the swoop and stop maneuver causing accidents a camera will not only change the entire outcome, but likely get the insurance fraud crook caught at his own game.!

if your interested look up the blackvue 550 dual channel camera amazon is finally selling them now for a reasonable cost.
Old 10-13-13, 12:17 AM
vbx
Lead Lap

^ I have the DR-500GW HD cam on my G.

I thought about getting one for the IS350 but not sure if I can route the wires to the fuse box. Looks like the side air bags are in the way.

For the stealth install, we need to run the wires though the headliner, down the driver side pillars and down to the fuse box.

But the side pillars says SRS. So I don't want to mess what that.
Old 10-13-13, 03:42 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryWest
At work I park far away one empty parking slot away from another IS (a 2nd gen). Elsewhere, I always park in in another galaxy:

NICE shot! Palm trees and 3IS in the same frame, not something I'm used to seeing up here!

My background pales in comparison to yours, but thankfully the car makes up for it . I'll be the loner too whenever I can - better safe than sorry
Attached Thumbnails Do you guys park like this LOL?-parking.jpg  
Old 10-13-13, 09:17 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vbx
^ I have the DR-500GW HD cam on my G.

I thought about getting one for the IS350 but not sure if I can route the wires to the fuse box. Looks like the side air bags are in the way.

For the stealth install, we need to run the wires though the headliner, down the driver side pillars and down to the fuse box.

But the side pillars says SRS. So I don't want to mess what that.
i just put the DR-500GW in my 2013 GS 350 and i also have one in my 09 Tacoma. i havent ordered the 550 yet because my car is not here yet, but s for the wiring, i simply ran mine along the pillar behind the rubber molding just inside the SRS cover. there is nothing in there you can damage. as long as you don't apply a voltage to the squib in the SRS unit. you would have to so some major and very intentional tinkering to set off an airbag.

ill probably hide the rear cam wire along the headliner, should easily tuck in along there.
Old 10-13-13, 09:21 AM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well then there are those *******s who have it in their head that " let's park next to the nice car because for sure they won't scratch my pos"
Old 10-13-13, 12:24 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i just put the DR-500GW in my 2013 GS 350 and i also have one in my 09 Tacoma. i havent ordered the 550 yet because my car is not here yet, but s for the wiring, i simply ran mine along the pillar behind the rubber molding just inside the SRS cover. there is nothing in there you can damage. as long as you don't apply a voltage to the squib in the SRS unit. you would have to so some major and very intentional tinkering to set off an airbag.

ill probably hide the rear cam wire along the headliner, should easily tuck in along there.
But what happens when the air bags need to deploy? It'll take the wires you have there with it and not only slapping u in the face with it, but ripping everything apart as the air bag expands and the wires aren't long enough so you'll ripp the headliner off with it.

Quick Reply: Do you guys park like this LOL?