IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Regret is250 f-sport (vs getting GS)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-13, 08:28 PM
Vulaj
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Regret is250 f-sport (vs getting GS)?

Anyone out there purchase a new is250 f-sport? I did with no navigation and I fully regret it.. After 2 weeks of using the multimedia interface I'm over it...in over having the cup holders in my way while I'm trying to use the crappy **** to go back to a song that was playing already to see what the next 5 songs are on my play list.

I regret getting an is in general as I'm 6'1 250 and barely fit in the damn bucket seats. I should've stuck with my guy and either got luxury is250 or just stayed with a bigger car (GS 250) I came from a chrysler 300 hemi which regardless is nice but I'm just over the is250 already...

Lfa inspired gauges are boring after 2 hours of hitting the menu button on the steering wheel.. I'm over the small console as well..

Kk enough venting I can keep going on and on but I hope the people who are trying to decide on an is luxury vs is f-sport pick luxury and I hope the people who are trying to decide on a GS 250 vs is250 will make the right decision because you don't want to be like me and sit in a 40,000 car that you really don't even enjoy :/

By the way did I mention the speakers sound awful as well? ;( sorry yall not trying to hate on the is250 it's a beautiful car...just not meant for everybody that's all!
Old 10-09-13, 08:30 PM
Vulaj
Driver

I wonder how much I can sell it for ? 645 miles on it ???
Old 10-09-13, 08:51 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vulaj
There seems to be a lot of regrets with IS250 F-Sport so my guess is value of your car went way down!

A lot of your complaints aren't really with F-Sport for that matter IS250 since Luxury & IS350 has the same cup holders and you get same **** interface if you don't get the Nav. Also I don't think there is GS250!
Old 10-09-13, 08:52 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vulaj
Run a KBB and post it on craigslist.

And yes, the speaker SUCKS pretty bad. My 2006 G35 had bose speakers. Which weren't all that, but compared to the IS350 non ML package, the Bose system is 10x better.
Old 10-09-13, 08:57 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

At this point you're gonna take a hit whether you sell now or 6 months from now, and that difference might be negligible. Might as well drive on it for a while before you sell. The demand is still pretty high so you might not lose too much.
Old 10-09-13, 10:17 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you are having buyer's remorse.. Don't take this personal, but I dont understand why you would buy a car without spending some time in it then make a decision? A few people i've seen on here complain about the silliest things that they could easily have noticed before buying the car. I mean yeah complaints after having the car for a while and noticing after the fact (but why buy a car if there are more cons than pros.. I'm sure there is something better for you out there). I am all for hearing about legit issues but these things are just like saying damn the car is ugly and I hate the spindle grille and it doesnt have enough power, but hey I just bought one.. alright!!

Seating too small, Gauge too small and boring, sound system sucking, bad ergo on interior, crappy infotainment ergos.. like you said you can go on 'n on...

Just CURIOUS - what did you LIKE about the car that made you wanna drop 35-50 G's on it in the first place?

Old 10-09-13, 10:21 PM
isthree50
Rookie

Originally Posted by vbx
Run a KBB and post it on craigslist. And yes, the speaker SUCKS pretty bad. My 2006 G35 had bose speakers. Which weren't all that, but compared to the IS350 non ML package, the Bose system is 10x better.
Speakers don't SUCK it's a stock audio system and in YOUR case it's not ml or premium audio..... And if you haven't done it yet cuz I didn't till I went in and messed around with it turn on surround sound....... It sounds 100x better
Old 10-09-13, 10:36 PM
dangla1603
Rookie

@Vulaj : its bad for you >_<. I wish you lived in Dallas so i could come by and buy ur car.
Old 10-09-13, 10:37 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by isthree50
Speakers don't SUCK it's a stock audio system and in YOUR case it's not ml or premium audio..... And if you haven't done it yet cuz I didn't till I went in and messed around with it turn on surround sound....... It sounds 100x better
I believe it's on. I'll double check.

ML Speakers. Cardboard?

Old 10-10-13, 12:59 AM
xbigboix83
Rookie

How do you turn the surround sound on ?
Old 10-10-13, 01:04 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by xbigboix83
How do you turn the surround sound on ?
Audio settings.
Old 10-10-13, 01:59 AM
Exeon
Driver School Candidate

Should have test drove it first
Old 10-10-13, 05:30 AM
Vulaj
Driver

Thanks guys...

To be honest I absolutely fell in love with it after test driving it 3 times and I wanted something completely different from my 300... This may just be too different.. It's a beautiful car but may just not be for me.

I absolutely regret not getting navigation and wish there was something I could do to throw one in there...hell, id spend a few grand on that if possible.

The exterior look is amazing, but the interior is killing me. I didn't think the cup holders would bother me and also not having a navigation either. I truly didn't even think about the bucket seats until a few days ago. I fell in love with the fact that the gauges moved lol!! I thought the multimedia interface was awesome until i actually spent several hours using it and now I'm starting to realize it's either outdated or the interface just doesn't make sense? I play a song from a play list and want to see what's next on my playlist but I have to scroll all the way back to playlists > folder > song...I feel like that is so tedious especially when I'm driving!!

Oh well I guess I'm stuck with it and it's not like I'm stuck with a hunk of junk or anything lol! I ended up paying 39,000 even so we got a lot of money off msrp which is nice!
Old 10-10-13, 05:34 AM
Vulaj
Driver

Yah I just played with the sound settings...surround sound is on it's okay I am going to throw a nice set of Bose or Boston acoustic speakers since I have great experience with both sets of speakers...navigation....blah I wish I could do something to get that and the apps that come with it and the fact that I can use my iPhone to make a trip and send it to my car that's so sick..I wish I read up on that before my purchase.

I have no patience at 26 years old which is my downfall when I want it I want it now now now! lol
Old 10-10-13, 07:38 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Sounds like you optioned your car out poorly. That not the car's fault, that's yours. I didn't even realize you could get this thing without navigation, but I also can't see why anybody would by any new car these days without it. Sure you can always use your phone, but it's a lot easier when it's built into the dash.

As for sound, I have the ML Audio and this is the best stock system I've had since my Acura RDX with premium sound. I've cranked it up a few times and I think it sounds great. I've heard people saying stock vs ML isn't a huge difference, but I disagree.

So with regards to the GS, you're looking at about a $20k swing (if you want an F Sport GS). Which makes me ask, if you could afford the GS, why did you not get a fully loaded 350 F Sport?

Quick Reply: Regret is250 f-sport (vs getting GS)?