IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Fsport 350 with some carbon wrapped! Please opition!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-13, 11:42 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im surprised nobody commented on the carbon fiber gas cap.
Old 10-02-13, 12:08 PM
f111f444
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is for American muscle car not for a Lexus car. Poor IS...........
Old 10-02-13, 12:09 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
i know exactly what you mean, i had forgotten why this site annoyed me so much 4 years ago. i bought a corvette joined the corvette forums. now I've decided to come back to lexus and i like getting info here but there are a lot of kids here that have enough money to buy a lexus and rice it out.
you don't see any corvette owners doing silly things like this or buying cold air intakes that just make noise rather than any real performance gains.
of course when you have 505 hp to start with, i think people move to the real mods if your going to spend money making it faster.
but stripes? OMG!
just glad it's not my car..
Man, where are these kids getting 40-50k from.
Old 10-03-13, 10:32 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a fan reminds me of my days in the honda days...this is luxury not riceness but hey to each his own
Old 10-03-13, 11:07 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you're happy with it. I certainly wouldn't do it.

Also, for those who are curious why the off-center stripes, they originated back in the days of Le Mans races when the start was with the drivers across the track from their cars. They'd had to run to their car, get in, start it, and off they went. Back then with people moving teams and manufacturers from different countries, there was sometimes a little confusion as to which side the driver's wheel was on. So the teams would put stripes over the hood/trunk along the centerline of whatever side the driver sat on.

So kinda neat history. Totally worthless these days, obviously. Nobody does race starts like that anymore
Old 10-03-13, 11:09 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vbx
Man, where are these kids getting 40-50k from.
Mommy and Daddy. Either that or they're paying 75% of their income on car and the rest on renting a crappy apartment. When I was living in the bay area, I saw plenty of high school and college aged kids driving around a nicer car than I was. It's sickening. My HS/College car was a 12 year old RX-7 that I paid for myself...a whopping $2k. Thing ran like crap, too. haha
Old 10-03-13, 01:32 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow....
Old 10-03-13, 06:14 PM
ddb
Rookie

It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look good in my opinion. The job is not done correctly as they missed spots like the top of the rear bumper. I would also have put the stripes on the middle, not the side.

Finally, the gas door in black looks like they got it out of a junk yard... my opinion again...

If they want to make a statement, put some glow in the dark stripes or some LED around the car so it looks like an UFO...

Or just add a horn on the front and will like this:

LOL
Old 10-03-13, 06:33 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

People were all praising Integress when she put tennis ball color rims for being unique but you guys are bashing this guy for basically doing same thing, being unique! I don't get it. At least I'm being consistent in saying, well "speechless".
Old 10-03-13, 06:41 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
People were all praising Integress when she put tennis ball color rims for being unique but you guys are bashing this guy for basically doing same thing, being unique! I don't get it. At least I'm being consistent in saying, well "speechless".
i am hopeful that eventually the people who do stuff like this to their car to get attention will eventually figure out that everyone else on the road is basically laughing at them for making their cars look so ghetto and stop doing it.

now if we could just reach the crowd that likes over sized wheels and tires that lower the suspension so the wheels rub, and destroy the fenders and need body work. or the ones that think its cool to have a car so low you can't clear a speed bump.

maybe we should just have a ricer section? they can play in their own sand box and compliment each other instead?
Old 10-03-13, 06:45 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
i am hopeful that eventually the people who do stuff like this to their car to get attention will eventually figure out that everyone else on the road is basically laughing at them for making their cars look so ghetto and stop doing it.

now if we could just reach the crowd that likes over sized wheels and tires that lower the suspension so the wheels rub, and destroy the fenders and need body work. or the ones that think its cool to have a car so low you can't clear a speed bump.

maybe we should just have a ricer section? they can play in their own sand box and compliment each other instead?
LOL! I'm sure you've done silly things like that when you were younger....
Old 10-03-13, 07:53 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JGard18
As long as you're happy with it. I certainly wouldn't do it.

Also, for those who are curious why the off-center stripes, they originated back in the days of Le Mans races when the start was with the drivers across the track from their cars. They'd had to run to their car, get in, start it, and off they went. Back then with people moving teams and manufacturers from different countries, there was sometimes a little confusion as to which side the driver's wheel was on. So the teams would put stripes over the hood/trunk along the centerline of whatever side the driver sat on.

So kinda neat history. Totally worthless these days, obviously. Nobody does race starts like that anymore
Thanks! He knows what hes doing.. He is on the processing of replace JL speakers to the factory one.. He has a great job and currently own two cars..I understand each to his own ..Im so appreciate everybody here spend time to jump in for comments.. Either goods or bad comments.. they were all good experience :--) I will let him see the thread tonight!

Last edited by EthanV; 10-03-13 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-03-13, 08:09 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Old 10-03-13, 09:09 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 10-03-13, 09:29 PM
RaysurX
Driver School Candidate

If your friend is happy with it. Enjoy.

Not making it personal or attacking..but you asked for opinions.

I think it looks like utter crap and was a waste of money to put all that ***** on a perfectly elegant car.
My opinion as you requested.

Again... if he's happy with it.. Have fun. Its his money, he bought the car for him and not to drive around pleasing others.

Tell him to do as he wishes but to be sure to "step on his nuts" if he wants honest opinions..

Quick Reply: Fsport 350 with some carbon wrapped! Please opition!