IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-15, 01:36 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by JP30
Maybe this was previously answered, if so I apologize, but is there anyway to do this on your own or is the dealer the only way?
Dealer only.
Old 10-11-15, 03:37 PM
WhiteISWay
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Did anyone else's navigation stopped showing traffic? I did the latest update and traffic was showing up nicely. Now my weather and traffic doesn't download... Does this have anything to do with iOS 9 updates? that's the only thing that changed on my end.
Old 10-28-15, 07:42 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Well, my car is in the shop now for the firmware update. I really hope it resolves the slowness of the center console features.

I got a '15 250 AWD loaner... it's so... slow.
Old 10-28-15, 02:50 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Just got it back. Unfortunately I think everyone's overstated about the effects.

Still lag but better... inputting a destination is pretty much unusable still, just from a user interface point of view. changing the channels is a smidge quicker.

Honestly the 15's interface wasn't that much faster than what they updated my car to. just disappointed that a car i just test drove for my parents, a 06 TSX w/ navigation interface was faster than mine...

Last edited by evident; 10-28-15 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-13-15, 11:01 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Latest Firmware Update Resolves my Reboot Issue!

I have been running the latest Nav firmware update (V10C8871) for a while now. It appears to resolve the issue that I have had for the past two years, described below:

NAVIGATION/INFOTAINMENT REBOOT ISSUE
Since I took delivery in December 2013,the NAV system of my 2014 IS350 FSport, AWD, ML reboots at least twice weekly (music stops, music comes back, caution screen appears, phone reconnected) shortly after startup. This only happens within a few minutes after startup. This happens regardless of which music source (AM, FM, Satellite, iPod) is on at startup.* My iPhone 4S is never connected to the USB port. My iPod is always connected to the USB port.
*I experimented with having nothing connected to my USB port. No reboots have occurred to date under these conditions.*

So, I hope this is a permanent fix. I would like to use my iPod via the USB without triggering the occasional reboot. My current phone is an iPhone 6, which is either charging in the DC outlet, or in my pocket. I understand that there might continue to be a separate problem (iPod error) if your iPhone is charging via the USB connection. I do not intend to test this, as I charge my phone through the DC outlet.

Last edited by CtSFox; 12-13-15 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-13-15, 01:40 PM
Brokenis
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone confirm V10C8871 is the latest firmware? Getting my car in on Monday.
Old 12-13-15, 01:55 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brokenis
Can anyone confirm V10C8871 is the latest firmware? Getting my car in on Monday.
Yes, I believe that I can confirm that. I just spoke to Lexus service on Friday when I got an oil change. They confirmed that V10C8871 was the latest firmware update for the 2014 3IS that they have.
Old 12-13-15, 02:51 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Brokenis
I can also confirm that this is the latest version. I had mine updated in September.
Old 12-13-15, 04:09 PM
Brokenis
Driver

Good to know.

Off topic, anything else you guys do besides a firmware update that I should be aware of?
Old 03-03-16, 03:33 PM
AlexTheMan
Driver School Candidate

Got the update today so it seems V10C8871 is still the latest available version.
Old 03-04-16, 05:33 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I have been running the latest Nav firmware update (V10C8871) for a while now. It appears to resolve the issue that I have had for the past two years, described below:

NAVIGATION/INFOTAINMENT REBOOT ISSUE
Since I took delivery in December 2013,the NAV system of my 2014 IS350 FSport, AWD, ML reboots at least twice weekly (music stops, music comes back, caution screen appears, phone reconnected) shortly after startup. This only happens within a few minutes after startup. This happens regardless of which music source (AM, FM, Satellite, iPod) is on at startup.* My iPhone 4S is never connected to the USB port. My iPod is always connected to the USB port.
*I experimented with having nothing connected to my USB port. No reboots have occurred to date under these conditions.*

So, I hope this is a permanent fix. I would like to use my iPod via the USB without triggering the occasional reboot. My current phone is an iPhone 6, which is either charging in the DC outlet, or in my pocket. I understand that there might continue to be a separate problem (iPod error) if your iPhone is charging via the USB connection. I do not intend to test this, as I charge my phone through the DC outlet.
I just wanted to report that this latest NAV update appears to be a permanent fix for my annoying reboot issue that plagued my car for the first two years of ownership!
Old 05-04-16, 04:11 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Looks like we can download the update and apply it ourselves through Lexus Drivers website

https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/getUpdates

For those that cant or dont want to goto Lexus Dealership Service
Old 05-04-16, 07:34 PM
nonopeno
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find!!

Wonder what happens if we try to apply this to a canadian IS350. Will try this weekend and report back.

Originally Posted by specONE
Looks like we can download the update and apply it ourselves through Lexus Drivers website

Old 05-04-16, 08:14 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by nonopeno
Nice find!!

Wonder what happens if we try to apply this to a canadian IS350. Will try this weekend and report back.
I'd be careful doing so. Might be different hardware (satellite radio one difference) and you may brick when doing update.
Old 05-04-16, 11:26 PM
itisme1760
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by specONE

This is really awesome, I will try it out tomorrow.

Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved