IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-14, 04:06 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFWes
My history is similar to others: navigation slowness, failed upload, random reboots, replace radio/nav, and random reboots (again).

My dealer tells me that this issue will be brought up at a forthcoming tech conference with Lexus corporate.

I really hope they can get a handle on this soon -- it's getting old"

Its called the joy of buying a first year car. You get to be on the Lexus proving ground team.

On the plus side. You paid extra for the privilege.
Same problem, identical history, and the same promise of a soon-to-be tech pow wow. This "forthcoming" tech conference with Lexus corporate has been forthcoming for quite some time. My dealer told me it was forthcoming three weeks ago. Perhaps Lexus defines forthcoming broadly: it could mean tomorrow, or it could mean two years from tomorrow. I wonder what would happen if I were to tell Toyota Finance that my next car payment is forthcoming but didn't specify a date?

Last edited by UncleSpud; 02-20-14 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-20-14, 06:40 PM
343P005
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
I haven't really followed this thread much since having my entire radio unit replaced, but Lexus did swap out my radio for a new one about 4 weeks ago and its been great ever since. No more issues thankfully.
Good to hear. My dealer called me today and said they were ordering me a new head unit. Hope I have the same luck.
Old 02-26-14, 06:53 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone get resolution on this?

And for those who've had success, can you please post repair order info / part numbers?

Thanks!
Old 02-26-14, 07:42 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Someone who has been having this issue even after repeated attempts to fix it please lemon your car. Based on comments by members who have been dealing with this, I honestly don't think Lexus takes these issues seriously...
Old 02-27-14, 07:33 AM
redcupr
Driver

I've had the car in a half dozen times for the radio issue. I could try for the Lemon Law thing, but then what.

I'd rather wait for them the come up with a fix even if it takes a year or so. Looks like they're putting the same system in the new RC's, so they've committed to this system, they'll get it straightened out eventually.
Old 02-27-14, 05:06 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Someone who has been having this issue even after repeated attempts to fix it please lemon your car. Based on comments by members who have been dealing with this, I honestly don't think Lexus takes these issues seriously...
As frustrated as I am with Lexus for dragging their corporate butts in addressing this issue, a Lemon Law pursuit would be worse. You'd have to lawyer-up before you were through and you'd be dealing with corporate as opposed to the dealer--major brain damage going that route.
Old 02-27-14, 07:03 PM
343P005
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
As frustrated as I am with Lexus for dragging their corporate butts in addressing this issue, a Lemon Law pursuit would be worse. You'd have to lawyer-up before you were through and you'd be dealing with corporate as opposed to the dealer--major brain damage going that route.
If anyone stayed in the with the issue, BMW had tons of cars lemoned due to a high pressure fuel pump issue. That earned the 335 bottom ranks in many reviews including CR I believe. The issue was later resolved if course and what was left is poor resale and a bad reputation. Not worth going that road IMO for a Navi issue.

PS- mine gets replaced tomorrow
Old 02-27-14, 08:17 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Have you seen any indications from Lexus that they're not taking this seriously? Or is it based on how long it's taking to fix?

I believe they know what Sync did to Ford's reliability rankings and want to fix this immediately. Maybe I'm more patient being an engineer, but these things can take time to fix. I'd rather Lexus engineers took a full 6 months, or whatever is required, to actually fix the issue, rather than release numerous ineffective software updates that don't fix the real issue.

It's frustrating to me too, but I work on equipment that's WAY more complex than cars, and know it can take a long time to fix these issues.

Let's hope the Toyota/Lexus engineers are closer to a fix than we are aware of.
Old 02-28-14, 06:28 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

There is something strange with our cars especially if you have NAV. There are posts from people in the know that state 3IS with Nave can't have RES and they don't plan to offer RES+ either. I was hoping to get RES+ and all my communications with sales rep prior to purchase was that is was not available but would be coming. Apparently they can't get is working with the 3IS with Nav.
Old 02-28-14, 06:32 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Had my first nav crash and reboot today. Now I'm part of the club. Doo dah.
Old 02-28-14, 08:59 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by 343P005
If anyone stayed in the with the issue, BMW had tons of cars lemoned due to a high pressure fuel pump issue. That earned the 335 bottom ranks in many reviews including CR I believe. The issue was later resolved if course and what was left is poor resale and a bad reputation. Not worth going that road IMO for a Navi issue.

PS- mine gets replaced tomorrow
However fuel pumps affect how the car actually runs, Navigation does not...
Old 02-28-14, 09:12 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDR76
Have you seen any indications from Lexus that they're not taking this seriously? Or is it based on how long it's taking to fix?

I believe they know what Sync did to Ford's reliability rankings and want to fix this immediately. Maybe I'm more patient being an engineer, but these things can take time to fix. I'd rather Lexus engineers took a full 6 months, or whatever is required, to actually fix the issue, rather than release numerous ineffective software updates that don't fix the real issue.

It's frustrating to me too, but I work on equipment that's WAY more complex than cars, and know it can take a long time to fix these issues.

Let's hope the Toyota/Lexus engineers are closer to a fix than we are aware of.
JDR, sorry to hear you've joined the club.

My gripe with Lexus is the fact there's been zero communication. Many dealers are still clueless about this issue and are still doing uploads and/or replacing radios with no positive results. I have no idea if Lexus is taking any of this seriously. I'm willing to wait for a fix, but I want the "courtesy" of an acknowledgment that: (1) indicates the problem exists, and (2) an effort is being made to address it.

My other car is a Mustang GT. Ford is hardly a luxury marque, but they have a rep who monitors the Mustang forums and assists with warranty issues. She provides contact information and works with the applicable dealers. It would be nice if Lexus, the reigning deity of automotive customer service, were so inclined. No issues with my dealer though. They're aware of the problem and are waiting for a response from corporate, just like the rest of us.

Last edited by UncleSpud; 03-01-14 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-28-14, 09:17 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

JDR, sorry to hear you've joined the club.

My gripe with Lexus is the fact there's been zero communication. Many dealers are still clueless about this issue and are still doing uploads and/or replacing radios with no positive results. I have no idea if Lexus is taking any of this seriously. I'm willing to wait for a fix, but I want the "courtesy" of an acknowledgment that: (1) indicates the problem exists, and (2) an effort is being made to address it.
Got it, and agreed. Thanks for the explanation. I cannot disagree with your comments about the lack of communication.
Old 03-01-14, 02:25 PM
343P005
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VGer
However fuel pumps affect how the car actually runs, Navigation does not...
Exactly my point. Wouldn't make a big fuss for a Navi issue when it's not related to safety or performance.

Last edited by 343P005; 03-01-14 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-01-14, 05:12 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 343P005
Exactly my point. Wouldn't make a big fuss for a Navi issue when it's not related to safety or performance.
Fuss isn't for Nav but Lexus not getting this fixed in timely manner. Based on your logic then I guess Lexus doesn't have to fix any of the issues if it's not safety related.

I don't have this problem (yet) but seeing as how some of the members have had this issue for months without a proper fix really bothers me! Also that RES fiasco on 3IS Nav too...

Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved