IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Old 06-30-14, 03:36 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drbazing
Just got my car 2 weeks ago, 65 miles on it. Would this still be an issue or it's kind of slow normally?
Still an issue; bring to dealer and complain, so they're aware and attempt to fix.

BS it's taken (taking) this long.
Old 06-30-14, 05:39 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dbs600
IS at the body shop; in a 2014 Corolla rental with 4k miles.

WHY THE F DOES THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD IN THIS COROLLA, BUT IT DOESN’T IN OUR CARS!? MANY PARALLELS BETWEEN THE TWO CARS, BUT THEY HAD TO GET OUR NAVIGATION SYSTEM ALL WRONG!?

To top it off, the Corolla's system is faster, has a touchscreen, as well as better steering wheel controls with separate buttons for tune, seek, volume and mute.
You should tell them you are keeping the Corolla. I can't believe you guys are still facing this reboot problem and Lexus has not done anything to try and address this. This is my first Lexus and I have not had this problem but why the heck does everyone say Lexus service is great because this is perfect example of why it's not!

Why is your IS in the body shop?
Old 06-30-14, 08:39 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome
You should tell them you are keeping the Corolla. I can't believe you guys are still facing this reboot problem and Lexus has not done anything to try and address this. This is my first Lexus and I have not had this problem but why the heck does everyone say Lexus service is great because this is perfect example of why it's not!

Why is your IS in the body shop?
Ha; funny!

Otherwise, someone blocking the box at an intersection backed into me at an angle!

Picture attached:
Attached Thumbnails NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved-photo_1.jpg  
Old 07-01-14, 07:55 AM
Pralix
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drbazing
Just got my car 2 weeks ago, 65 miles on it. Would this still be an issue or it's kind of slow normally?
Depends on when your car was made. The newer cars have an updated radio that has fixed the problem. If it was made around April of this year, it probably has the new radio.
Old 07-01-14, 04:38 PM
onemorecar
Driver School Candidate

Lexus is doing nothing about this!! They have switched the controller to a touch-pad in the 2015 models. The have not
priority on this issue. They are well aware of the defect but are ignoring our complaints because they simply can't resolve the issue. One of us will have o have a devastating accident while staring at the nav/radio screen waiting for it to respond before they do anything! This is hardware processor related. Somebody underspeced the unit...i.e they cheaped out and we are the losers. We need to complain loudly!! I have hired an Attorney to bring this issue to a head. I will begin posting everywhere. $46,000.00 on a car with a defective control unit! Unacceptable. I hope I am not alone in my outrage.
Old 07-01-14, 05:29 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by onemorecar
Lexus is doing nothing about this!! They have switched the controller to a touch-pad in the 2015 models. The have not
priority on this issue. They are well aware of the defect but are ignoring our complaints because they simply can't resolve the issue. One of us will have o have a devastating accident while staring at the nav/radio screen waiting for it to respond before they do anything! This is hardware processor related. Somebody underspeced the unit...i.e they cheaped out and we are the losers. We need to complain loudly!! I have hired an Attorney to bring this issue to a head. I will begin posting everywhere. $46,000.00 on a car with a defective control unit! Unacceptable. I hope I am not alone in my outrage.
Wow; much thanks for the initiative, onemorecar! Count me in!

Otherwise, has it been confirmed the 2015's will have the new center console of the RC?
Old 07-01-14, 05:44 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

The statement in bold above in false. See the official press release for changes in the 2015 model: http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...ws+release.htm

Buying a car in it's first model year is always a bit risky - manufacturers utilize buyers to test their features and then slowly "improve" on them going forward. Basically the first year owners are the guinea pigs.

For once, I wish a car company would fully:
1) Build a car a year in advance
2) Allow a small group of closed individual testers (maybe those that are willing to fully commit to buying one & can put a deposit down) iron out all the bugs after utilizing the car on a daily basis for several months & driving thousands of miles in various conditions.
3) Use the remaining time to fix any major bugs or issues they encounter (i.e. a navigation unit constantly resetting is a "major" bug).
4) Once all major bugs are ironed out, make sure the valuable tester's are given full working models, THEN release the car to the public to buy.

This way the first year model owners aren't the "testers" for the company. Call me crazy, but I feel it's a bit backwards how the automotive industry operates. They are essentially selling products to consumers that aren't fully tested working models (other than safety tested of course) and relying on them to find/report bugs. Don't you think if the Lexus team has actually spent a few months operating their own car, they would realize that the navigation unit is all messed up?

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 07-01-14, 06:20 PM
onemorecar
Driver School Candidate

I guess someone has no reading retention or comprehension. Cut and pasted form the same link he posted!

Luxuries abound in the 2015 Lexus IS models. A high-efficiency dual-zone climate control system uses touch-sensitive electrostatic temperature switches. The IS offers two multimedia systems: a standard high-resolution Lexus Display Audio (LDA) with controller or the optional Lexus navigation system.

The navigation system puts a world of capability at the driver’s fingertips via the second-generation Lexus Remote Touch Interface (RTI) multi-function control device. The RTI also allows control of the climate, audio, phone controls and more. Lend your ears to the available Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System and enjoy strikingly life-like sound reproduction, with 835 watts powering 15 speakers.

See for yourself.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...ws+release.htm
Old 07-01-14, 06:45 PM
tkr128
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 2014 already uses the 2nd generation RTI (with push down to select). On the first generation RTI (introduced on the 2010 RX), there was a separate button for "Enter". The touch pad in the RC is the 3rd generation RTI.
Old 07-02-14, 12:20 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

I guess someone has no reading retention or comprehension. Cut and pasted form the same link he posted!

Luxuries abound in the 2015 Lexus IS models. A high-efficiency dual-zone climate control system uses touch-sensitive electrostatic temperature switches. The IS offers two multimedia systems: a standard high-resolution Lexus Display Audio (LDA) with controller or the optional Lexus navigation system.

The navigation system puts a world of capability at the driver’s fingertips via the second-generation Lexus Remote Touch Interface (RTI) multi-function control device. The RTI also allows control of the climate, audio, phone controls and more. Lend your ears to the available Mark Levinson® Premium Surround System and enjoy strikingly life-like sound reproduction, with 835 watts powering 15 speakers.

See for yourself.

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...ws+release.htm
Great - I'm glad you can copy & paste. Now learn to Google:

http://www.autotrader.com/research/a...-interface.jsp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Touch
No need for the insults. I merely pointed out that it's not mentioned as a CHANGE for 2015. Don't you think something so big as changing the navigation unit control would be mentioned in the "What’s New for 2015" section of the official press release?

tkr128 is correct.

~ Im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 07-02-14 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-02-14, 01:21 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

The RTI issue aside, it appears as if Lexus has solved the problem with one of the forum members. Lexus corporate however, either doesn't know about or care about it. Anything you can do to leverage Lexus into action would be appreciated. I've been living with this issue since I purchased my car (Oct. 2013) and I'm appalled by Lexus' indifference to its customers.
Old 07-02-14, 01:33 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
I'm appalled by Lexus' indifference to its customers.
Could not agree more.

Last edited by dbs600; 07-03-14 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-03-14, 09:20 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

What's going on with this onemorecar? You seem to understand there's strength in numbers, wanting to get the word out and have others complain, but I messaged you, wanting to work with you towards resolution, yet your indifferent response and lack of response thereafter lends itself to the notion you don't want to. What gives? Never mind, I suppose! Good luck with your endeavor. lol. :|

We're all damned, and I'd think twice before considering Lexus again, at this rate.

Last edited by dbs600; 07-04-14 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-03-14, 09:28 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by tkr128
The 2014 already uses the 2nd generation RTI (with push down to select). On the first generation RTI (introduced on the 2010 RX), there was a separate button for "Enter". The touch pad in the RC is the 3rd generation RTI.
^^^This...
Old 07-14-14, 12:57 AM
ISFWes
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lexus Test Team

Originally Posted by dbs600
We're all damned, and I'd think twice before considering Lexus again, at this rate.
Its been said before. But you paid for the privilege to be on the Lexus Test team. As a matter of fact. You paid extra.

Never ever buy a first year car. Think this problem only exists with Lexus? Look at any other forums. They have much more problems than just a slow Navigation display.

Wait till the guys start buying the new RC or NX. A totally new model. Then it will really hit the fan.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved