IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 08:27 PM
IS35OF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure hope the Australian models aren't suffering these issues. I haven't heard or read of any local incidents and I'm not sure what software ours are running or if it's even the same.
Old 12-13-13, 05:13 PM
McBrain
Driver

My unit completely died after 1 week of ownership (no way to re-start it). I took it in today. I told them about the TSIB and 8400 vs 8500 FW, but of course they were not interested to listen. I was told eventually that the unit had a short and needs to be replaced. They said it wasn't FW or anything
They also wanted to keep the car over the weekend and part of next week while waiting for a part. I didn't like the idea of leaving my car that long while it was not being worked on (possibly joy-driven) so I picked it up. When I picked it up, it was covered in bird droppings so if nothing else it would have sat for days covered in bird droppings and permanently damaged the paint. Maddening.
If the FW is really destroying these units (which it could), then I don't see how getting a fresh unit with the same faulty FW is going to achieve anything.
This seems to happen with BT-audio connectivity. Possibly there is a power issue overloading something and causing damage (e.g. power management circuitry). They don't know what the problem is really. This has the makings of a saga.
Old 12-13-13, 05:40 PM
antonyw
Driver School Candidate

I have a new one other than the iphone5s/BT issues I've been having with 8500. I can't select the first or topmost radio preset station with the mouse at times. It highlights but a click on it is ignored. Has happened on a few commutes now. Still massively enjoying the car from a driver's standpoint.
Old 01-09-14, 02:45 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Navigation is super slow... maybe if there were enough complaints... we may be getting some very nice early christmas presents this year.
Old 01-09-14, 02:47 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aTeAse
Navigation is super slow... maybe if there were enough complaints... we may be getting some very nice early christmas presents this year.
Is just your Navigation System slow or the whole Enform System? My whole system is slow, where there is a delay / lag changing between screens, volume, stations, etc.

My Navigation System is also slow such that the screen is choppy and doesn't refresh smoothly when the car is moving at speed on the highway.
Old 01-09-14, 02:55 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Well since the beginning, navigating through options is so choppy, i feel like i'm in a car that's in the 2006, seriously. Interface is just terrible. Switching through stations is about a 2 second wait.

All together, it's just very slow. Volume button goes when it needs to though. I just didn't think that a 2014 car would have this type of problem.

One big issue though, is the mouse track. To me, its inaccurate, and the worst part, it's slow.

I dont really use the enform, it's as of no use to me, except pandora. But I find that controlling pandora on my phone/ steering wheel is better/faster.

P.s. I have the latest update, 8500.
(I just checked my earlier posts, confirmed I have the 8500 update. And even then I was complaining about how slow it was. Haha too funny.

BMW's interface makes Lexus tech look like a joke.

Last edited by aTeAse; 01-09-14 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-12-14, 11:15 AM
iPinky
Driver

My whole system is slow, not just Enform. According to the dealer, I shouldn't expect the system to start up and scrolling through the menus so quickly. What a joke.
Old 01-12-14, 01:11 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iPinky
My whole system is slow, not just Enform. According to the dealer, I shouldn't expect the system to start up and scrolling through the menus so quickly. What a joke.
Noticed you're in CA, which dealership did you go to?
Old 01-12-14, 02:22 PM
iPinky
Driver

Noticed you're in CA, which dealership did you go to?
Yep. Keyes Van Nuys.
Old 01-12-14, 03:13 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

This navigation business seems like a pretty big issue...
Old 01-12-14, 03:15 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Guess we should change the title of this thread to be: 'Unresolved'
Old 01-12-14, 04:01 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Guess we should change the title of this thread to be: 'Unresolved'
+1. As I've posted on another (similar) thread, Lexus doesn't appear to have a fix. My radio was replaced three weeks ago, and the random reboots have started again.

My history is similar to others: navigation slowness, failed upload, random reboots, replace radio/nav, and random reboots (again).

My dealer tells me that this issue will be brought up at a forthcoming tech conference with Lexus corporate.

I really hope they can get a handle on this soon -- it's getting old.
Old 01-12-14, 04:25 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I'm thankful I'm not having these issues. Mine is somewhat slow to respond to inputs, but so far, no rebooting.
Old 01-12-14, 05:05 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

What were they thinking when they installed navigation for our cars...

But of course, as expected, withing the next year or two, 3IS will receive a huge update on navigation.
Old 01-12-14, 09:15 PM
oghowie
Driver School Candidate

What were they thinking when they installed navigation for our cars...

But of course, as expected, withing the next year or two, 3IS will receive a huge update on navigation.
What update?

Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved