Dealer order guide available?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-13, 05:50 AM
Endaar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer order guide available?

Hi all,

I'm considering an IS350 to replace an Acura coming off lease in a few months, but trying to build the car on the Lexus website is rather frustrating as they really only let you "build" based on dealer inventory. Anyone have a copy of the dealer order guide they can share?

Thanks,
Endaar
Old 09-28-13, 08:24 AM
LSIII
Rookie

If you don't find an order guide, try using the build site on kbb.com
Old 09-28-13, 07:09 PM
Endaar
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the tip on kbb.

I built a car there and it's definitely more helpful than the Lexus site, but it allowed me to add ventilated seats to an F-Sport, which I know (from these boards) isn't an option. That being the case, can anyone comment on if this is a valid build?

IS350 AWD F-Sport
Nebula Gray Pearl / Rioja Red
All Weather Package (Heated Mirrors, Seats, and W/S Wiper DeIcer)
Nav / ML Audio Package
Remote Start (This is dealer installed I believe?)

Shows an MSRP of $49874 with a fair purchase price of $48203 (which frankly seems low given the newness of the car, but whatever...)

Thanks!
Endaar
Old 09-28-13, 07:54 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try truecar.com. They may be a bit more accurate and will provide some decent pricing comparisons.
Old 09-28-13, 08:03 PM
Endaar
Driver School Candidate

Truecar shows pretty much the same choices. Looks like the all weather package is AWD only, which I guess makes sense. Oddly they do show vented seats available as well. Thanks.
Old 09-29-13, 04:59 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Endaar
Thanks for the tip on kbb.

I built a car there and it's definitely more helpful than the Lexus site, but it allowed me to add ventilated seats to an F-Sport, which I know (from these boards) isn't an option. That being the case, can anyone comment on if this is a valid build?

IS350 AWD F-Sport
Nebula Gray Pearl / Rioja Red
All Weather Package (Heated Mirrors, Seats, and W/S Wiper DeIcer)
Nav / ML Audio Package
Remote Start (This is dealer installed I believe?)

Shows an MSRP of $49874 with a fair purchase price of $48203 (which frankly seems low given the newness of the car, but whatever...)

Thanks!
Endaar
Unfortunately, that build will be rejected by Lexus. I special ordered with all options available for F-Sport. Here is what is available:
Nav/ ML
Blind Spot Monitor
Rear Sunshade
VGRS (RWD only)
Dynamic Radar Cruise
Old 09-29-13, 08:02 AM
Endaar
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info.
Old 09-29-13, 10:41 AM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Can we special order with memory seat, cool seat, power mirror, fog light on F Sport?
Old 09-29-13, 03:43 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by damtachoa
Can we special order with memory seat, cool seat, power mirror, fog light on F Sport?
You can only special order a car within the limits of what is available for the F-Sport. It would be nice to customize an order like BMW or Mercedes but Lexus does not do that. Believe me, I tried.
Old 09-30-13, 05:29 PM
stupenal
Driver School Candidate

I'm absolutely astounded at how Lexus dealerships run and hide when they hear I want to special order a car.

I come from BMWs where customizations are the norm, and dealer ordering guides are readily available online. These guides state which options can be ordered, which packages are required (if any), and basically as long as you follow the guide, you can build your car however you want. In fact, my 2011 z4sdrive35iS was custom ordered and I went to Munich to pick it up. That's great customer satisfaction.

However, for Lexus, I'm getting the run around when I say I don't want the Navi package and I want only the backup camera and blind spot monitoring. Last I checked, the 2014 IS brochure I picked up from the dealership notes these two items as Individual options. The lexus dealerships tell me "for the west coast, Lexus cannot build the cars this way." Yeah, that makes total sense. The things a sales guy will tell you to try and buy something off the lot is ridiculous. I try and let the sales guys know I'm an educated buyer, but alas they still give me the ridiculous lines thinking I'll believe it.

On the BMW forums, a local sales guy understands the fanaticism of BMW owners so he cuts all the crap out, make a very marginal income, but ends up dealing in super high volume because he understands there is a large market of educated BMW buyers who don't want to deal with any BS and want a reasonable deal. My buddy has purchased 3 BMWs in 3 years through him (all custom ordered), introduced countless friends who are also on their 2nd or 3rd BMWs, and everyone is happy. Pricing is all set, $500 over invoice on regular cars ordered (BMWs don't have dealership holdback) and he passes along all incentives. Go online, build the car, figure out invoice price on everything (including options) and walk into the BMW dealership knowing exactly to the penny how much I'm going to pay for the exact color and options that I want.

Long rant short - does anyone know of a zero bs Lexus sales guy in Socal who understands this type of customer?

Last edited by stupenal; 09-30-13 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-30-13, 05:40 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

That's why BMW has a biggest sale this year.