IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-15, 08:58 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
yes, i have the same problem and its been pissing me off ever since i got the car!
i will be getting mine fixed this fall along with the laggy navigation, stereo that reboots, iPod that won't stay connected. also adding cooled seats adaptive head lighting, heads up display, a stereo that rocks! remote start, a turbo with another 150 hp and 200 lbs of torque when my lease is up and i trade it in for the cadillac ATS-V!
just traded in my wife's 2013 GS-350 F sport for an Acura MDX tech, advance, rear ent sys.

almost traded in my IS for the TLX while i was there also but i don't need a car that big. but i have to say it was a fun car to drive and all of my gripes with the lexus's have been addressed in the Acura. but i think i need something more sporty with a turbo. (i live at 6500 feet)

yea i think I'm done with lexus, I've had 4 of them over the years and i am tired of making compromises!
i think i should be able to get a fully optioned car if i want to. if i want the f sport and all the other features the IS comes with, i should be able to have that. i shouldn't have to give up all the other features and have to deal with the little quirky things.
even the new Acura stays in sport mode between drives! don't have to select it every time.
not only does it recognize which driver is in the car without having to unlock the doors, it knows my radio station, my phone, my seat heat or cool setting, climate control, mirrors, seat position, steering wheel position, and instrument cluster setting.
this is how i would have expected a lexus to be, but I'm done putting up with the things that i don't like just to have a lexus.

Just sayin!
well, i am happy to report i have officially fixed all my issues with the lexus. after 13 months of ownership i managed an unbelievable deal on a brand new 2014 Cadillac CTS-V sport.
get this.. when you have a car sitting on your lot for over a year and in the middle of winter on a 420 hp twin turbo RWD in colorado you can work some amazing deals!
i just bought this car for $18,000 dollars off sticker price!!!!! can you say HOLY MOLY? yes i have in my garage a $70,080 car that i paid only $52,000 dollars for!!!
un belivable!
not only do i have heated seats, i have heated rear seats and cooled seats along with REAL CARBON FIBER inserts not the fake stuff.
microfiber suede accents and more gadgets and gizmos than a swiss army knife.
this car has everything that the new stingray has and more and almost as fast. 0-60 in just 4 seconds and 12.9 sec 1/4 mile!
it has rain sense wipers and auto high beam headlights and adaptive front lighting system.
lane departure warning and radar cruise with pre collision, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitors and dimming mirrors that actually dim.
brembo brakes and sport bucket seats with actual seat heaters that actually work!
oh and the mark levinson system sounds like a transistor ratio compared to the bose 13 speaker surround system that pumps enough bass to shake the mirrors at full volume with no reduction in bass output.
all the exterior lights are LED as well as the interior lights.

anyway, i managed to replace both my lexus vehicles in less than a week and lexus can suck my left nut!
Glad to hear you dumped Lexus; wish I can too - over this and other issues, but too many payments remain at this time - but didn't we go back and forth with each other in the past because you had issue with my 'complaining'?

Anyone get their heated seats fixed? Still find it absurd a moderator insisted on titling this thread a 'discussion' when our heated seats are poor and don't work.
Old 04-08-15, 06:49 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
Glad to hear you dumped Lexus; wish I can too - over this and other issues, but too many payments remain at this time - but didn't we go back and forth with each other in the past because you had issue with my 'complaining'?

Anyone get their heated seats fixed? Still find it absurd a moderator insisted on titling this thread a 'discussion' when our heated seats are poor and don't work.
yes ill have to eat some crow and also apologize. at the time i was waiting to get what i thought would be a great car. and on paper it is a great car. but in daily life it was a major disappointment..

i am also happy to report that i installed the trifecta tune on the caddy and now I'm making over 500 hp.
another V sport owner just reported he broke into the 11's with the same tune 11.9@120 mph not to shabby for a 3.6l V6!
i have to say this car flat out hauls ***! it is on par performance wise with my Z06 and has 4 doors AND STILL GETS 30 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY!
i just love the full color head up display and the fact i don't have to floor the gas to get the car to speed up and pass people. it has so much torque that it literally just needs a nudge of the gas pedal and your off with only 1 gear change and an abundance of torque that comes on instantly.

trifecta also has a set of down pipes they are working on to get a little more out of the car.
this brings me to another issue with toyota / lexus i hate. you guys make me LMAO when i see posts about installing an intake and exhaust all this other crap and call it a modification.
being the fact that i can recalibrate my tune and actually make HP is what a modification really is.
with the trifecta tune i now have 3 distinct personalities in touring, sport and track modes. also the car picked up almost 100 hp and 100 ft lbs of torque with the tune. for only 900 bucks thats the best money i have spent yet on a modification.
i have a new black chrome grille headed my way that will be here any day now. that should look sweet!.

anyway I'm sorry you guys are still having issues with your cars with no solution in sight. i was by the dealer the other day and my old IS is still sitting on their lot. a shame really such a nice car i feel like its been abandoned. i will say the dealer would really like to get it sold! the RWD cars don't sell well here. they gave me 39k for it and they are asking 40k they just want to get rid of it. so if you know anyone who wants a pristine F sport in black with red interior with every option and it also has the LFA style wheels in satin black to match it is a very sharp looking car you might give john elway cadillac a call.
the car has only 9400 miles on it.
Old 04-08-15, 07:20 AM
Sexis350
Pole Position

yes ill have to eat some crow and also apologize. at the time i was waiting to get what i thought would be a great car. and on paper it is a great car. but in daily life it was a major disappointment..

i am also happy to report that i installed the trifecta tune on the caddy and now I'm making over 500 hp.
another V sport owner just reported he broke into the 11's with the same tune 11.9@120 mph not to shabby for a 3.6l V6!
i have to say this car flat out hauls ***! it is on par performance wise with my Z06 and has 4 doors AND STILL GETS 30 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY!
i just love the full color head up display and the fact i don't have to floor the gas to get the car to speed up and pass people. it has so much torque that it literally just needs a nudge of the gas pedal and your off with only 1 gear change and an abundance of torque that comes on instantly.

trifecta also has a set of down pipes they are working on to get a little more out of the car.
this brings me to another issue with toyota / lexus i hate. you guys make me LMAO when i see posts about installing an intake and exhaust all this other crap and call it a modification.
being the fact that i can recalibrate my tune and actually make HP is what a modification really is.
with the trifecta tune i now have 3 distinct personalities in touring, sport and track modes. also the car picked up almost 100 hp and 100 ft lbs of torque with the tune. for only 900 bucks thats the best money i have spent yet on a modification.
i have a new black chrome grille headed my way that will be here any day now. that should look sweet!.

anyway I'm sorry you guys are still having issues with your cars with no solution in sight. i was by the dealer the other day and my old IS is still sitting on their lot. a shame really such a nice car i feel like its been abandoned. i will say the dealer would really like to get it sold! the RWD cars don't sell well here. they gave me 39k for it and they are asking 40k they just want to get rid of it. so if you know anyone who wants a pristine F sport in black with red interior with every option and it also has the LFA style wheels in satin black to match it is a very sharp looking car you might give john elway cadillac a call.
the car has only 9400 miles on it.
While we are all happy for you professing your love, your comparing two different kinds of cars. Your car costs 70k vs 45-50k. youd be better off comparing to m3, isf or rcf of the sort. thanks for rubbing it in though.
Old 04-08-15, 08:32 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

ill have to eat some crow and also apologize.

in daily life it was a major disappointment.

they gave me 39k for it and they are asking 40k.
Okay; thanks. And, yes, agreed.

That said, how did you get $39k? My car is just like yours except with Nebula Grey and AWD, but I've been hard pressed to get wholesale near my $39k payoff.

Anyone in the NY area wanting a Grey / Red 2014 IS 350 AWD F Sport with 14k miles?

Last edited by dbs600; 04-08-15 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-08-15, 04:13 PM
PDXIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about heated steering wheel

I have a questions about the heated steering wheel function. So back in 2000 I bought a Land Rover Discovery II and it did not come with heated seats. But after doing some searching onlike I found that all Land Rovers are pre wired for heated seats and is all that I had to do is purchase the switches and new switch plate cover from the dealer and all were easy to install and presto! I had heated seats. Does anyone know if this is the same with the Lexus? I had my 2015 IS 250 in for service this week and they gave me a loner of the same model and it had the factory heated steering wheel. It was soooooo nice and warm for these cool Northwest mornings.
Thanks for your replies.
Old 04-09-15, 06:58 AM
A2BLexus
Rookie

Tried my heated seats. I have a 250 F Sport. I turn it down after 10 minutes or so. Its never HOT but I turn it off after the cabin temp is to my liking.
Old 04-09-15, 07:31 PM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'14 model here. Heated seats suck, and can barely feel any heat through normal clothes. Worse than any car I've had previously, BMW, Acura, Audi, etc.
Old 04-11-15, 04:13 PM
Polosport8
Driver School Candidate

Nice to know.
Old 04-11-15, 04:33 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

2015 f sport 350. Seems like the worked out most of the bugs so far. Heated seats and cooled seats can really be felt the first minute but seems to simmer down after 2-3 minutes. And battery still working after 2.5k miles. *Crossing fingers*
Old 07-27-15, 10:03 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

For those who’ve experienced poor / nonexistent heated seats, any luck having Lexus acknowledge and correct same? Thank you!
Old 08-03-15, 12:14 PM
djwoody
Driver School Candidate

Mine has been back to the dealer 4 times for the heated seats issue. Last time (mid June) they told me that Lexus corporate had finally approved a replacement part that should take care of the problem. Apparently it is an expensive part (over $900) and since I have been so "vocal" about my dissatisfaction with the issue I was the first in Canada to get it - special order shipped directly from Lexus Corporate head office.

They installed the new part and returned the car to me - much to my disappointment it didn't solve the problem. I don't know if it's my imagination, but I think the seats get warmer faster and maybe 5 to 10% hotter than before, but still unacceptable for a premium brand vehicle. They told me I shouldn't drive in eco mode if I want the seats to get hot - BS! Makes no difference!

So, last week I dropped off the car at the dealer for the 4th time. This time I told them I don't want the car back unless it is properly fixed. My wife is away for 2 weeks so I am driving her car (2008 MDX with heated seats that work perfectly) so I told the dealer they have 2 weeks to resolve the issue and if they return it without the seats working properly I will walk away from my lease and go get another Acura!

I'll report back in a couple of weeks!
Old 08-03-15, 06:05 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djwoody
Mine has been back to the dealer 4 times for the heated seats issue. Last time (mid June) they told me that Lexus corporate had finally approved a replacement part that should take care of the problem. Apparently it is an expensive part (over $900) and since I have been so "vocal" about my dissatisfaction with the issue I was the first in Canada to get it - special order shipped directly from Lexus Corporate head office.

They installed the new part and returned the car to me - much to my disappointment it didn't solve the problem. I don't know if it's my imagination, but I think the seats get warmer faster and maybe 5 to 10% hotter than before, but still unacceptable for a premium brand vehicle. They told me I shouldn't drive in eco mode if I want the seats to get hot - BS! Makes no difference!

So, last week I dropped off the car at the dealer for the 4th time. This time I told them I don't want the car back unless it is properly fixed. My wife is away for 2 weeks so I am driving her car (2008 MDX with heated seats that work perfectly) so I told the dealer they have 2 weeks to resolve the issue and if they return it without the seats working properly I will walk away from my lease and go get another Acura!

So how did the heated seats feel in normal mode? Same as eco? Just wondering.
Old 08-03-15, 07:03 PM
Baopee
Pit Crew

tested my 2014 IS350 F, full power for 40 mins in 89 F weather, didnt feel anything at all.
Old 08-05-15, 07:29 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by djwoody

Thanks so much for your most prompt and informative reply, djwoody!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problem.

Can you please provide the part number of the new part? Different from the original?

How do you plan to walk away from your lease without taking a hit on any negative equity?

As you state, this is total BS.
Old 08-18-15, 09:38 AM
djwoody
Driver School Candidate

So, as mentioned I took the car into my dealership for the 4th time a couple of weeks ago to have them try and fix the heated seats issue among some other scheduled maintenance. I left the car with them for 2 weeks.

They called me to say the car was ready but that they were not able to do anything about the seats. They said Lexus Corporate is still working on further solutions (BS). I was extremely upset and asked to speak with the dealer principal and told him I didn't want the car back unless it is 100% fixed. I told him that if they can't fix the car I expected that they would get me into a new car.

Within a few hours I was called back by the dealership sales manager. They agreed to buy back my car and put me into a 2015. I am picking up the new car on Thurs.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)