IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Audio System Issues: Sound settings and playing .mp3s

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-13, 11:03 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Audio System Issues: Sound settings and playing .mp3s

Experiencing two problems with my audio system (ML) and am wondering if anyone else sees the same thing. I just got the car a week ago so I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, but this is what I've seen so far:

1. The audio settings (Bass/Mid/Treble) seem to keep getting reset. Not every time, but every few days I got back and everything is set back to the middle setting. Would like to set it and have it stay there.

2. First I loaded 2 .mp3 podcasts onto my USB drive. Both showed up on the directory listing in my car but only 1 would play. I bring the drive back to my computer and I can play both. Then I load up my USB drive with 5 .mp3 podcasts and again I can see them all in the directory listing (in my car) but only 3 will actually play. If I highlight one of the ones that won't play and click, it just starts playing the next or previous file. Again I plug it into my computer and I can play all of the files.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing the same?
Old 09-20-13, 11:17 AM
ddb
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, not sure what is going on, but I could tell you some things that might help.

The Sound Settings belong to each media you play, so if you switch between radio and CD for example, each will have it's own settings. First time you play a CD, all setting will be in the middle (default). Once you start using all the medias, eventually you will get the settings as you like.

I'm not sure if the settings also apply to different medias that you plug on the USB, I haven't tried that yet.

Also, I read about some settings being attached to the Key you use. Not sure if it applies to the Sound System, but you can try using the spare key to see what settings (if any) change. I think the A/C System also changes with different keys.

And one more thing, it seems lots of people have been having issue with the ML Sound System, it reboots itself, and is very slow sometimes. I have experienced myself slowness when playing MP3 from a CD. Lexus is supposed to be working on an update to fix it. There are many posts here about that issue if you want to read them too.

Good luck.
Old 09-20-13, 11:31 AM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azmojo
Experiencing two problems with my audio system (ML) and am wondering if anyone else sees the same thing. I just got the car a week ago so I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, but this is what I've seen so far:

1. The audio settings (Bass/Mid/Treble) seem to keep getting reset. Not every time, but every few days I got back and everything is set back to the middle setting. Would like to set it and have it stay there.
This car does not have memory seat then don't expect it has memory audio setting.

2. First I loaded 2 .mp3 podcasts onto my USB drive. Both showed up on the directory listing in my car but only 1 would play. I bring the drive back to my computer and I can play both. Then I load up my USB drive with 5 .mp3 podcasts and again I can see them all in the directory listing (in my car) but only 3 will actually play. If I highlight one of the ones that won't play and click, it just starts playing the next or previous file. Again I plug it into my computer and I can play all of the files.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing the same?
If I can install IPad into this car to replace the idiot ML navigation, I will do it because IPad can play way better music than this thing.
Old 09-20-13, 01:09 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by damtachoa
This car does not have memory seat then don't expect it has memory audio setting.
What are you talking about? The audio settings has nothing to do with memory seats. A stereo that resets the balance when turned off is useless.