Navigation options prohibited while moving

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 06:04 AM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
To update all, I received the following response from Sam today:

"Thank you for your inquiry and interest in Beat Sonic bypass module. Yes, we have the bypass module for 2014 Lexus IS, and it's NT6223. NT6223: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/nt6223.html Please let us know if you have any additional questions."

I also followed up with a telephone call to him and he said he's since updated the site to state the part is compatible with our 2014's. I asked if the $160 part that bypasses navigation and Bluetooth would work as well, but he said it does not. Strikes me as strange that the $220 model continues to work with 2014's, but he $160 model, which I planned to get, does not...

He was very nice, however.
DBS - do you think you'll still be purchasing it? I'm going to buy it, but my special order doesn't arrive until November or December so I won't be able to try anything until then.
Old 10-07-13, 07:37 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corsjr28
DBS - do you think you'll still be purchasing it? I'm going to buy it, but my special order doesn't arrive until November or December so I won't be able to try anything until then.
Thanks for asking, but not sure at this time. Want to get my hands on the car first to see if I can come to live with the lockout. If not, I'll consider the bypass again. Really with it was closer to $150 or less, though! :|
Old 10-08-13, 03:28 PM
AMalick
Rookie

Default Video in motion overide

Anyone tried this yet, would love to know how simple the head unit removal was
Old 10-11-13, 09:25 PM
xbigboix83
Rookie

Anyone try bypassing the dvd player yet with the beatsonic?
Old 11-10-13, 07:57 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good, bad, ugly results, anyone...?
Old 11-23-13, 02:38 PM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Anyone done this yet with the BeatSonic? I still plan to buy it and try installing it, I'm just waiting for my car to arrive!
Old 11-23-13, 05:06 PM
saferisk
Driver School Candidate

I'm keeping an eye on this thread cause I have the beatsonic unit at home but don't want to be guinea pig and experiment pulling out the center facia. I'm worried I'll break something. I can post photos of the unit if anyone wants.
Old 11-24-13, 11:51 AM
AMalick
Rookie

Default Head unit removal

Originally Posted by saferisk
I'm keeping an eye on this thread cause I have the beatsonic unit at home but don't want to be guinea pig and experiment pulling out the center facia. I'm worried I'll break something. I can post photos of the unit if anyone wants.
Please post photos. I'm still waiting for my car which I should get in about 3 weeks following which I will definitely be fitting the beatsonic unit .

I take it you have seen this thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...head-unit.html. Head unit removal looks simple enough.

I also attached a GS fitment manual, I know its not the same head unit removal, but the beatsonic fitment is close enough.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013 GS DIY.pdf (1.42 MB, 205 views)

Last edited by AMalick; 11-24-13 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added some stuff
Old 11-25-13, 05:03 AM
saferisk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AMalick
Please post photos. I'm still waiting for my car which I should get in about 3 weeks following which I will definitely be fitting the beatsonic unit .

I take it you have seen this thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...head-unit.html. Head unit removal looks simple enough.

I also attached a GS fitment manual, I know its not the same head unit removal, but the beatsonic fitment is close enough.
Oh man, I'm bummed a bit, didn't realise it would involve pulling apart so much of the center console! Yeah it looks like I might have to be one of the first then, I was massively annoyed when even the contact list in my phonebook was locked out today!

I'll be able to get to it around next weekend. You'll be pleased to know that the beatsonice unit is pretty much identical to what's in the GS install guide. I'm just really weary cause I have a really bad habit of breaking stuff on installs or creating creaks and rattles!
Old 11-25-13, 06:11 AM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Oh man, I'm bummed a bit, didn't realise it would involve pulling apart so much of the center console! Yeah it looks like I might have to be one of the first then, I was massively annoyed when even the contact list in my phonebook was locked out today!

I'll be able to get to it around next weekend. You'll be pleased to know that the beatsonice unit is pretty much identical to what's in the GS install guide. I'm just really weary cause I have a really bad habit of breaking stuff on installs or creating creaks and rattles!
Saferisk - if you do decide to install it this weekend, please take step by step pictures for the rest of us. Take your time and follow the GS instructions, hopefully everything will go well. Appreciate it!
Old 11-25-13, 01:04 PM
AMalick
Rookie

You don't have to be the first if you are prepared to wait another 3 weeks or so because then I will give it a shot. I've done this kind of thing with every vehicle i've owned and the lexus head unit removal is pretty simple in comparison. My last car was a Jaguar XF and that was a real b##tch. I did end up breaking a clip because I rushed things, but I managed to rescue with another plan.

Just take your time (even if it takes an hour or two) and don't force anything that doesn't let go easily. Don't use screwdrivers or any metal objects to remove clip on panels (use plastic utensils) and use lots of towels to protect things. Put all the parts outside the car laid out on a table in the order that your removed them. Things get messy and lost in a small cabin

Good luck or wait for me
Old 11-28-13, 06:11 AM
gobase2008
Driver School Candidate

Will the factory warranty be void if I installed the Beat-Sonic NT6223 on my IS 350 F?
I worry about that, later something happens and Lexus dont want to honor the warranty.
Old 11-28-13, 08:52 AM
AMalick
Rookie

Originally Posted by gobase2008
Will the factory warranty be void if I installed the Beat-Sonic NT6223 on my IS 350 F?
I worry about that, later something happens and Lexus dont want to honor the warranty.
It will probably void the warranty on the head unit, but only that.

It is completely reversible though with no wire cutting etc.. (plug and play) so doubt it can be detected once reversed.

If you remove the panels carefully and dont break any clips etc.. then its almost impossible to detect once reversed. Unlike appliances there typically shouldnt be any non-removable stickers or glue covered parts etc.. that shows things have been tampered with. I'm not sure if they ran a diagnostic if they would pick something up but then again you could just put it down to the fault that you are complaining about if something goes wrong later.

I've done something like this to at least 6 of my previous vehicles without incident, maybe i'm just lucky and will do it again and again.

No matter how you look at it, you will still be taking a chance. Your call.

Last edited by AMalick; 11-28-13 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-28-13, 10:22 AM
gobase2008
Driver School Candidate

I might stick to the wife getting me the addresses on the iPad.
:-)
Last thing I need is to deal with a dealer giving me excuses to fix a faulty electric unrelated thing.
Old 11-28-13, 10:51 AM
AMalick
Rookie

Originally Posted by gobase2008
I might stick to the wife getting me the addresses on the iPad.
:-)
Last thing I need is to deal with a dealer giving me excuses to fix a faulty electric unrelated thing.
They cant do that, it has to be directly related to the head unit. You can of course pull over, engage the hand brake and type in the address

Quick Reply: Navigation options prohibited while moving