IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Why no memory feature and cooled seats on F Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-13, 07:36 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why no memory feature and cooled seats on F Sport?

I'm interested in IS350 F Sport but I find it strange that luxury car like Lexus would not offer memory feature and cooled seats. Anyone know what the reason for this is and is this something they may offer in the future for this trim?
Old 09-08-13, 08:40 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Since it's available on other markets, i suppose it's pure marketing politics.
Old 09-08-13, 08:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Not this again LOL
Old 09-08-13, 08:48 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jhs82
Since it's available on other markets, i suppose it's pure marketing politics.
Lexus seems to be making choices difficult. I really like the new digital gauges on the F Sport but I also would like memory and cooled seats. And why no 8 speed tranny on AWD!?
Old 09-08-13, 08:59 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

just wait, just like in previous years all the features you want will eventually come to be available options in future model years. its simply marketing and it works! how many times have you bought a car and the next year newer car comes out with additional features? you cant wait for your lease to end to trade up. or you end up taking it in the A** from the dealer who gives you less then wholesale price because they know how much you want the new car with the gadgets your car didn't come with?
why would you trade up if the cars coming out to replace yours didn't have additional features? what would be the incentive to buy?
if there are no new car sales each year, the dealers cant survive. if the dealers don't survive the demand will go down and production slows and business is lost.
i good marketing strategy = great success to any business. Lexus is not stupid. they know exactly what they are doing. for the same reason they keep the new IS release so hush hush. what do you think it would have done to the 2013 sales if everyone knew what was right around the corner?
thats why as the 2014 IS came out they had the golden opportunity event. drastically cut prices and offering great lease and finance deals to move the 2013 inventory.
when my 2014 arrives and i go in to sign papers i plan to inquire about residuals for 20-36 months. i want to find out where the residual changes to i can lease the least number of months, i know the 2014 and 2015 will allow me to get all the stuff i couldn't get in my 2014.
i am also leasing because any fool knows a RWD IS won't sell very well in colorado. the dealer wont offer me jack to trade it in, i have to finish out the lease and then it's their problem to deal with.
Old 09-08-13, 11:00 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the big deal about cooled seats? I had them in my 2013 and they aren't anything special. Maybe if you lived in Arizona i can understand.
Old 09-08-13, 11:32 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Lexus wants you to see the cake but not eat it
Old 09-09-13, 01:03 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

It works (marketing) but pretty cheap tactic. IMO, I would just give most of the options people want now to stir up the hype, and save a few options for later then slowly integrated new tech every year to refresh the car, but no they want to pull this (Hold the options crap) and then give you options you should have had in the first place, is pretty dirty cheap trick.. I'm not buying *Any* Lexus if it comes to this stupid monkey dance.
Old 09-09-13, 04:48 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I'm interested in IS350 F Sport but I find it strange that luxury car like Lexus would not offer memory feature and cooled seats. Anyone know what the reason for this is and is this something they may offer in the future for this trim?
I read somewhere the reason for less options on the F was to keep the car more in tune with what real sports car drivers want. More feel and less luxury. It appears in the F, less luxury means less options. I'll take the normal RWD model!
Old 09-09-13, 05:52 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by moose66
I read somewhere the reason for less options on the F was to keep the car more in tune with what real sports car drivers want. More feel and less luxury. It appears in the F, less luxury means less options. I'll take the normal RWD model!

I believe the F-Sport doesn't have the luxury pkg and other options to keep the list price down.
You're buying a Lexus and it should have luxury options.
Old 09-09-13, 06:57 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay. You all win. The car is a complete rip off and a waste of time and money. Lexus needs to stop being the only company in the world to withhold features and options so that they can be sure to continue to sell products. Thank God there are so many other choices out there from virtuous companies that don't care about growing their business, sales, and profits.
Old 09-09-13, 10:17 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by John510
What's the big deal about cooled seats? I had them in my 2013 and they aren't anything special. Maybe if you lived in Arizona i can understand.
When your car has been parked outside in the hot day even here in MN seats get very hot and just sittling on it while the car gets cool can make you very uncomfortable and even sweaty. I have black leather interior and I really wish I had cooled seats!
Old 09-09-13, 10:26 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
Okay. You all win. The car is a complete rip off and a waste of time and money. Lexus needs to stop being the only company in the world to withhold features and options so that they can be sure to continue to sell products. Thank God there are so many other choices out there from virtuous companies that don't care about growing their business, sales, and profits.
I don't think anyone is saying that. It just seems like Lexus removed some basic luxury features that could have been very useful in this car especially when you are talking about a $50k car. It sounds like they provided these in other markets for the F Sport trim so not sure why they don't offer it here. I feel that something like memory seat is base luxury car feature but even If they had it as an option than people who want to pay for them could get it.
Old 09-09-13, 10:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Why do you always have to jump to this statement? Just because people have criticisms of Lexus option packaging choices for the F Sport doesn't mean they don't have the right to talk about them here. If you don't want to participate in those discussions...don't read the threads.

Obviously this matters to people, and seeing that this is a 3IS discussion forum...its going to get discussed here whether you like it or not.
Old 09-09-13, 10:58 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Why do you always have to jump to this statement? Just because people have criticisms of Lexus option packaging choices for the F Sport doesn't mean they don't have the right to talk about them here. If you don't want to participate in those discussions...don't read the threads.

Obviously this matters to people, and seeing that this is a 3IS discussion forum...its going to get discussed here whether you like it or not.
I'll tell you why! Because you and others have beat the subject to death. Try to stay based in reality. The options are not available here. Accept it. Take your complaints to Lexus Facebook or to corporate. You have gotten in to it with at least a couple of people here. Why? Because you never post about the positives of the car. Help me to remember one time you posted something in the 3IS forum that helped us owners appreciate our cars in a new way or to do things with them we didn't know how to do.

You seem to be trying to ruin our enjoyment. You just jump on the pile about what it doesn't have. Wishing and hoping is not going to make it happen this year.

So why don't you inform us about some of the cool tech the car has that can't be found elsewhere at this price point? Why not play fair in reporting about the car -- why always the crying over what it doesn't have?

Last edited by Glashub; 09-09-13 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Why no memory feature and cooled seats on F Sport?