IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Why no memory feature and cooled seats on F Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-13, 11:10 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
You have gotten in to it with at least a couple of people here. Why? Because you never post about the positives of the car.
1. If I've gotten into it with anybody on here its because I've complained about other people posting negative things about the car over and over again without cause. Like I mentioned before...I've been moderated for this. If anything the fact that *I* find you out of line on this means you are *really* out of line.

2. The OP is a new member, he's shopping for the car. He simply came on and asked why the F Sport did not have those features...because he as the consumer assumed it would since all its competitors do have those features.

3. This was my only response in this thread until you came and melted down:

Not this again LOL
4. Here is the thread where I drove the car:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...d-f-sport.html

An excerpt:

Overall I was very impressed. The car rode quite well, handling was very nimble and light, steering was well weighted. LOVE the LFA gauges which I was kind of on the fence about, loved the supportive sport seats in the F Sport.
Overall I feel this interior exceeds the 2IS interior when it comes to style, and meets or exceeds it when it comes to materials.
The new displays are also excellent. The new generation nav with birds eye view was excellent despite the smaller screen, resolution was as good or better than that in my 4GS. HVAC controls are neat, and feel high quality.
Very pleased with the car, it wouldn't be a daily driver for me, its too small but it would be a fun car to have in the family. It would be the F Sport without question...
I thought the F Sport gave up very little in the ride department compared to the regular car, and it gained a lot in both interior and exterior style and handling. Where the F Sport GS didn't appeal to me, I would definitely get the F Sport in the IS.
So as you can see I have discussed how I would choose the F Sport despite the package limitations.

Here's a thread I started trying to rail against the unfair responses people had been posting about the car and the interior without having seen the car in person:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...in-person.html

What more can I say? JI've posted many, many overwhelmingly positive things about the car, just because overall I am very positive about the car doesn't mean I don't still have criticism. People are allowed to post in here with things to say other than just positive praise, and they have a right to do so without you derailing their threads.

I love my wife...but there are things about her I do not love, as it is for her with me. If you cannot accept that people can like the 3IS while still not liking certain aspects of it or how its packaged I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should start your own forum where only overwhelmingly positive things can be posted.

Last edited by SW17LS; 09-09-13 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-09-13, 11:16 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Than please accept my apologies.
Old 09-09-13, 11:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Do us all a favor and if you see this topic...just stay out of it if you can't handle it.
Old 09-09-13, 11:25 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Do us all a favor and if you see this topic...just stay out of it if you can't handle it.
That's so incredibly gracious of you. My, your response to my apology says more about you than anything else you've written. Why don't you do us all a favor and stay on the GS forum? You have the much nicer car with all of the tech you complain about the IS not having.

Last edited by Glashub; 09-09-13 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-09-13, 11:33 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Theres no need to apologize to me, just don't fly off the handle when people have criticisms. If you don't agree with the criticisms, then challenge them as a part of the discussion. Its just a discussion...if you disagree with someone than disagree. Just stop vilifying people and trying to stop people from expressing opinions you disagree with.
Old 09-09-13, 11:55 AM
SimTide985
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, people should stop throwing this term around "luxury" as if it means that the car and its driver is entitled to something arbitrarily specific. Luxury has around a dozen different layers to it and it can't always be generalized into one thing. It's the same with how people use the term "sports sedan" or "performance sedan". It's not always so cut and dry.

With that said, it's clear that the F-Sport is already a very high priced car, filled with performance oriented amenities and features that cost money. Since this is the first model year of the new generation IS and the F-Sport is both so externally and internally different than its other IS counterparts, you could imagine there will be a lot of cost conscious decisions in order to balance out overhead and start-up prices.

Now, when I look at it, the memory feature is quite an expensive piece of wiring and technology as well as cooled seats. I think it's clear that those two options were omitted for cost priorities. Like others have said, over time, it's very possible that those two options will be added to future models. So until then, in order for the F-Sport to be profitable and still be competitive price-wise, this is the hand you've been dealt.
Old 09-09-13, 12:23 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation Just the plain old truth...

^^ Correct..

Usually comes down to Accounting Dept. / Product Planning decisions in each major Countries Region...
Many people do not understand these decisions, but they do happen.

Nobody likes to hear the term "Cost Cutting".. But intern you can say the car is packaged like similar Sport vehicles in the same segment.

For Example: The JDM OEM - LED Fog Lamps that were omitted here on the USA F-Sport are valued at approx $1,250 just for the physical parts alone

Add in the other omitted features and you will see how quickly the cars price jumps out of the vehicles in the same $$$ segment..

I still love the F-Sport features & the Luxury features, but I know I would have a though choice in picking between the two.

Would be nice if they allowed the build your own options, but still it involves adding all these expensive parts in the catalogue.

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-09-13 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-09-13, 12:27 PM
PhoenixOne
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, remember when cars didn't have all these luxury features? Remember when we got into our cars in the middle of summer, the seats were hot and they stayed hot (burned the back of our thighs when we wore shorts) until something like 15-20 mins later after we blasted the AC on high? Remember to adjust the seats, it was only 1 lever? Forward and the back! Remember when power windows and AC was an option? How about when ABS and airbags were an option? (Pepperidge Farm remembers...LOL!) Holy crap, we've come a long way. We're being spoiled people. We must fight change!!! WHO'S WITH ME!!!!???

Hope that made some of you chuckle a bit and brought back some nostalgia.
Old 09-09-13, 12:40 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by PhoenixOne
Hey, remember when cars didn't have all these luxury features? Remember when we got into our cars in the middle of summer, the seats were hot and they stayed hot (burned the back of our thighs when we wore shorts) until something like 15-20 mins later after we blasted the AC on high? Remember to adjust the seats, it was only 1 lever? Forward and the back! Remember when power windows and AC was an option? How about when ABS and airbags were an option? (Pepperidge Farm remembers...LOL!) Holy crap, we've come a long way. We're being spoiled people. We must fight change!!! WHO'S WITH ME!!!!???

My 1st car was Chevy Impala SS Convertible. I remember all those things. Though, my car had air but I rarely used it since it didn't blow that great plus i wanted it off to maximize my motor efficiency. I always ran around with the windows down or drove with the top down (Hey, its a convertible) what kid, gets a convertible on his first car. I got laugh it for the car being a "Boat" 20 foot long car. lol but I din't have to ride the Bus to school so whose laughing then..

I wouldn't mine driving a classic car today for Nostalgic reasons, back in the days, my Friend's AC in his Chevy Nova was (driving 55 with the windows down)
Old 09-09-13, 12:47 PM
PhoenixOne
Rookie

Chevy Impala SS convertible? Oh....how sweet! My first was a used 1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (Guido mobile). It had AC but nothing else. It didn't even have a cassette player! I was just glad to have wheels and it started when I asked it to. LOL!
Old 09-09-13, 12:52 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Yep, remember the days when you can sit or lay on the hood of the car (just hanging out)? I don't see people sitting on their IS350 F-Sport. LOL
Old 09-09-13, 01:01 PM
PhoenixOne
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Yep, remember the days when you can sit or lay on the hood of the car (just hanging out)? I don't see people sitting on their IS350 F-Sport. LOL
Haha! Yes. Sitting, laying on the hood, trunk. Today, if we get a fine, barely noticeable scratch, we freak out and rush it to the body shop...STAT!
Old 09-09-13, 01:23 PM
FE9000
Driver School Candidate

Good Stuff Joe Z... You seem like you dealt with OEM before. :-)
Old 09-09-13, 01:33 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhoenixOne

My 1st car was a 1964 Impala. 327, 365 hp, 4:11 gear with positraction, 4 speed, rag top, painted primer gray, with the air conditioner bolted under the dash.

I had an 2005 Acura TL that didn't have cooled seats and other amenities and I still miss that car.

The Chevy, the TL, and the IS have one thing in common -- fun as all get out to drive.
Old 09-09-13, 01:48 PM
PhoenixOne
Rookie

@ Glashub, another SWEEEEET ride. AND you had a posi on it. There was pride when you left 2 burnout tire tracks instead of one.

Quick Reply: Why no memory feature and cooled seats on F Sport?