IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Enform App suites is Free now

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-13, 08:55 AM
redcupr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhoenixOne
Do you have any idea how to load futures symbols? Specifically eminis. Knowing what service they use to get there specific symbols would help as well.
No idea. I'm not well versed in futures at all. I'll play with it and see if I stumble across any bits of wisdom.
Old 09-05-13, 11:42 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by redcupr
Glad to hear it's official. Was just loading my favorite stocks in the stock app this morning.
Don't believe the XM sports and stocks will be included in that. That is still delivered via XM data services. If you don't subscribe, that will end when your 90 trial for XM ends.
Old 09-05-13, 12:50 PM
redcupr
Driver

Originally Posted by offroad200
Don't believe the XM sports and stocks will be included in that. That is still delivered via XM data services. If you don't subscribe, that will end when your 90 trial for XM ends.
The stock and sports apps pull their data from your tethered phone, no XM connection at all.
Old 09-05-13, 12:59 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

The stock and sports apps pull their data from your tethered phone, no XM connection at all.
Ah! Good to know. I stand corrected!
Old 09-05-13, 02:54 PM
PhoenixOne
Rookie

No idea. I'm not well versed in futures at all. I'll play with it and see if I stumble across any bits of wisdom.
Thanks.
Old 06-13-14, 01:08 PM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

just received an email that my subscription to Lexus Enform will be expiring soon. I immediately called customer service because i thought it will be free and mentioned to them about a few people that got emails about lexus enform becoming a complimentary feature for lexus' now. She told me that it wasnt valid, everyone's subscription will need to renew after 1 year of trial service. Any thoughts? i dont know if its worth paying 200+ either, pandora is a hit or miss and so are the other apps
Old 06-13-14, 01:15 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the subscription only applies to the following:

Destination Assist*available 24/7 to help you get to your destination with ease.eDestination*can help plan your next trip from your laptop or smartphone.Automatic Collision Notification*can help bring assistance quickly when you need it most. A live agent will call your vehicle in the event of a serious accident.Emergency Assistance Button (SOS)connectivity can help bring you emergency or roadside assistance, day or night, with the push of a button.Stolen Vehicle Location*can help authorities recover your Lexus.2*You may even be eligible for an insurance discount.3Enhanced Roadside Assistance*makes Lexus’ standard roadside service even more convenient.
Old 06-13-14, 01:17 PM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chowner
wish this existed in Canada. *sigh*
No ****. Thanks for buying this pricey car. We have cool software available, but you can't have it.
Old 06-13-14, 01:37 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by bayarea3is
just received an email that my subscription to Lexus Enform will be expiring soon. I immediately called customer service because i thought it will be free and mentioned to them about a few people that got emails about lexus enform becoming a complimentary feature for lexus' now. She told me that it wasnt valid, everyone's subscription will need to renew after 1 year of trial service. Any thoughts? i dont know if its worth paying 200+ either, pandora is a hit or miss and so are the other apps
You were misinformed by Lexus CS. Enform is still free including traffic and weather. Renewal notice was for Enform with Safety connect and destination assist. The rest is free including Enform App suites.
Old 06-13-14, 03:02 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJW
No ****. Thanks for buying this pricey car. We have cool software available, but you can't have it.

My dealer didn't even know anything about it when I asked whether or not we will ever see it in Canada. It's puzzling to me. I still don't get why we can't use it here. Unless they need additional licensing from the service providers. I would think that's an easy negotiation given most of them also have business presence in Canada.
Old 06-13-14, 03:05 PM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, and if an app isn't available here (i.e. Pandora) just leave it off.
Old 06-13-14, 03:25 PM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
You were misinformed by Lexus CS. Enform is still free including traffic and weather. Renewal notice was for Enform with Safety connect and destination assist. The rest is free including Enform App suites.
thanks for the info! maybe she tried to hustle me
Old 06-13-14, 05:35 PM
dasrakete
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cFoo
My dealer didn't even know anything about it when I asked whether or not we will ever see it in Canada. It's puzzling to me. I still don't get why we can't use it here. Unless they need additional licensing from the service providers. I would think that's an easy negotiation given most of them also have business presence in Canada.
Canadians are being screwed over by Lexus. Our radios are capable of receiving HD Radio including Tagging of songs. The problem is Lexus have not included the full software and we cannot get weather and traffic. Lexus Canada has been hiding behind a supposed government restriction but, there is none. They also claim they do not own the "data". Why old they, it is free over the air transmission provided by those stations broadcasting HD radio.

I am beginning to think Lexus Canada are a bunch of losers.
Old 06-13-14, 07:40 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dasrakete
Canadians are being screwed over by Lexus. Our radios are capable of receiving HD Radio including Tagging of songs. The problem is Lexus have not included the full software and we cannot get weather and traffic. Lexus Canada has been hiding behind a supposed government restriction but, there is none. They also claim they do not own the "data". Why old they, it is free over the air transmission provided by those stations broadcasting HD radio.

I am beginning to think Lexus Canada are a bunch of losers.
I think Hawaii is the same as Canada. I get a message saying Enform App Suite is not available for my car.