IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F Sport package not a great value considering what you give up.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 09:56 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Some may find more of the luxury package options beneficial. The biggest features that stand out to me in a Luxury Package over an F SPORT are:

Ventilated & Heated Seats
Memory Seat Feature
Fog Lamps
Rear Sunshade (optional on F Sport depending on what region built it).
Power Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel (optional on F Sport)
Park Assist

The seats and bolstering are the same and the standard suspension setup already handles well off the bat. The Sport S+ with AVS is a nice feature, but the one step dampening is something most people wont use on a daily basis. Also in Sport S or Sport S+, 8th gear is locked out on IS 350 RWD models...hence decresed highway mileage. The standard speedo although not 100% LCD is a lot easier to glance at and has a lot more usable information housed in the center lcd display.

If we had all the F SPORT features and colors like the rest of the globe....

LED Foglamps
Ventilated Seats
Memory Seating
Park Assist
Rear Sunshade
Atomic Silver
Ultrasonic Blue

....the F SPORT would be the obvious choice.

Well said, why won't Lexus just offer us what the rest of the world gets? Because of the continuation of removing options and colors on the F sport (and the fact that I don't care for the look of the standard model,) I am holding out as long as possible on trading in my lease in hopes of a change for the '15 model year.

There are some of us that would use the options that are unavailable. I miss the ventilated seats, on my old IS, they stayed on all the time because I live in Florida and it is hot almost all year. I also pine for memory seats because both my husband and I drive the car and it is a real pain readjusting everything. I would still buy an f sport if they would just bring back USB, I am sure everyone knows how I feel about the color options, that is the single biggest reason I am waiting.
Old 09-17-13, 10:01 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
Can those with F-Sports AND Blind Spot Monitoring Side View Mirrors please confirm whether or not your side view mirrors "dip" when going in Reverse?

I don't know how I'm going to deal with curb rash if they don't!?
Do it manually? That's what I do. Not that big of a pain in the ***. Takes 2 extra actions. You'd be surprised how easy it is to put the mirror exactly back where it was.
Old 09-17-13, 12:38 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Do it manually? That's what I do. Not that big of a pain in the ***. Takes 2 extra actions. You'd be surprised how easy it is to put the mirror exactly back where it was.
I'm starting to do it manually as well. On a not so busy street, I take my time to tilt the mirror, but on a busier street, I definitely feel more rushed and uncomfortable. All in all, auto tilt mirror is definitely something you can live without.
Old 09-17-13, 01:01 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you can do it manually. You can also roll your windows own manually if it didn't have power windows. It is a pain in the ***. 2 extra steps vs 0 extra steps, is an infinite number of times more work. Sure, you can live without it, but it also make no sense why this feature isn't included.
Old 09-17-13, 01:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
I used to think my lfa gauge was cool and high tech until I saw a Tesla. The Tesla technology makes the Lexus look very outdated.
I drove a model S two weeks ago and I was blown away at the tech on the center screen
Old 09-17-13, 03:39 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramon
Yes, you can do it manually. You can also roll your windows own manually if it didn't have power windows. It is a pain in the ***. 2 extra steps vs 0 extra steps, is an infinite number of times more work. Sure, you can live without it, but it also make no sense why this feature isn't included.
I agree. Some basic luxury features they removed from F Sport just don't make sense. I honestly don't think these features add that much cost to the car.
Old 09-17-13, 05:33 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just no sure I will ever understand why 2IS owners only post to crap on threads about what the 3IS doesn't have. Other than that you never read posts from them that add value or are positive.

I own the car and it is not a nuisance to make the adjustments. Be nice if it had tilt mirrors but it doesn't,

I'd like a 2IS that has the 3IS suspension and road manners. I'd like it to have the LFA gauge. I'd like if it the 2IS wasn't driven primarily women and other whiny types in LA.

If 2 extra actions is a killer for anyone then I pity you. The world will never be enough.
Old 09-17-13, 05:58 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

I'm just no sure I will ever understand why 2IS owners only post to crap on threads about what the 3IS doesn't have. Other than that you never read posts from them that add value or are positive.

I own the car and it is not a nuisance to make the adjustments. Be nice if it had tilt mirrors but it doesn't,

I'd like a 2IS that has the 3IS suspension and road manners. I'd like it to have the LFA gauge. I'd like if it the 2IS wasn't driven primarily women and other whiny types in LA.

If 2 extra actions is a killer for anyone then I pity you. The world will never be enough.
I don't mind hearing about things perspective buyers/owners like as well as what they don't like. People should be able to state their opinions freely. Perhaps Lexus will see and hear their opinions and we'll see IS F Sport with these features in the future. As a potential buyer of IS, I for one would welcome that option and other options missing from the current IS F Sport.
Old 09-17-13, 07:47 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, you will never understand. Heck, plenty 3IS owners concede that some of the decisions make no sense. You'll just have to make friends with the fact that not everyone feels the need to make excuses for the vehicle. If it makes you feel better, yes the 3IS is overall a better vehicle than the 2IS. That doesn't place it on a pedestal so high that it's beyond criticism.

I just don't get why leave out such a simple feature? All it needs is a circuit, weather it's a hard wired one or one that's programed into one of the many computers that essentially says "IF gear selector in R THEN tilt mirrors" the logic to do this has been in Lexus vehicles for over a decade.

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I don't mind hearing about things perspective buyers/owners like as well as what they don't like. People should be able to state their opinions freely. Perhaps Lexus will see and hear their opinions and we'll see IS F Sport with these features in the future. As a potential buyer of IS, I for one would welcome that option and other options missing from the current IS F Sport.
Exactly this. As a potential 2nd time IS buyer, I feel the same way.

Last edited by Ramon; 09-18-13 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-17-13, 09:36 PM
LexFather

Its not just Lexus.. I'm actually pretty astounded at how these cars used to be 30-40k tops, then 45k tops and now 55k tops and start around 40k.

On the other hand they are bigger with more airbags, larger wheels, etc etc.

The "Value" is a tough sell now to me, they are priced 40-50k easily and still miss out on items that many non luxury cars have so it can't be that expensive to add them.
Old 09-17-13, 09:43 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ramon
Completely agree; How the F can they leave this out!? WHY!? Totally uncalled for. Honestly, I'd rather have auto tilt side-view mirrors and no stupid, but neat LFA-inspired instrument cluster. I have NO interest in moving the mirror down manually each time I'm in reverse, and I'm OCD with curb rash. Not sure what to do. They have to be ashamed of themselves. Unbelievable.
Old 09-20-13, 06:34 PM
SimTide985
Driver

If you want value, go get a Camry
Old 09-20-13, 07:56 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If those missing optiona bother you that much, no one is forcing you to buy the car. If everyone did that, perhaps Lexus would understand. I don't mind it at all. Never considered a 2IS only the 3.
Old 09-20-13, 09:36 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350S2K
If those missing optiona bother you that much, no one is forcing you to buy the car. If everyone did that, perhaps Lexus would understand. I don't mind it at all. Never considered a 2IS only the 3.
We're just saying the price is a bit steep for what we get. Even at invoice it's 5k overpriced.
Old 09-20-13, 09:41 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350S2K
Unfortunately, there's no alternative, for me, at least. I test drove the C-Class, 3 Series, A4, Q5, Cayenne and Touareg, all of which presented with very high, unacceptable levels of EMF, while the IS is very low (due in part to the battery being under the hood). Also drove the CTS, ATS and Beetle, but didn't care for same too much to check...

Just wish they would have an all-encompasing package (Luxury + F Sport + ML Audio + Power Rear Window Shade, even if it would be $54k).

Last edited by dbs600; 09-20-13 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: F Sport package not a great value considering what you give up.