IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-14, 06:52 PM
kbbean08
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If the HD is lit up. You can turn the right **** like tuning to a different channel and it will switch through what's available. Hope that helps.
Old 08-11-14, 07:56 PM
dolfan13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see this mentioned in this thread but I found it in the 2IS forums...

If you would like to unlock all 4 doors at once when you touch the handle of the driver side door, you just need to use your fob to press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time until you hear two quick beeps. Once you hear the beeps, the programming is done. If you'd like to undo this, you can just repeat the same step. Hope this helps someone else since you might not venture into the 2IS forums!
Old 08-11-14, 08:38 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dolfan13
I didn't see this mentioned in this thread but I found it in the 2IS forums...

If you would like to unlock all 4 doors at once when you touch the handle of the driver side door, you just need to use your fob to press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time until you hear two quick beeps. Once you hear the beeps, the programming is done. If you'd like to undo this, you can just repeat the same step. Hope this helps someone else since you might not venture into the 2IS forums!
You can change this setting thru the nav screen. That's what I did
Old 08-12-14, 07:24 AM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sdotk
You can change this setting thru the nav screen. That's what I did
Could you guide me how to do this? What setting in the nav screen do I go to? Thanks!
Old 08-12-14, 06:59 PM
dolfan13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kenforum
Could you guide me how to do this? What setting in the nav screen do I go to? Thanks!
Thanks for the tip sdotk! I didn't even know this menu existed before because it was grayed out when I initially started fiddling with the menus and forgot about it.

To access this menu:

1) Your car must be on with the engine running.
2) On your Nav screen, go to the main menu.
3) Click on Settings (forgot the actual name but you'll find it).
4) Click on Vehicle Settings.
Old 08-12-14, 09:54 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kenforum
setup > vehicle > vehicle customization > door lock settings > select doors to unlock >> all doors
Old 08-13-14, 09:55 AM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dolfan13
Thanks for the tip sdotk! I didn't even know this menu existed before because it was grayed out when I initially started fiddling with the menus and forgot about it.

To access this menu:

1) Your car must be on with the engine running.
2) On your Nav screen, go to the main menu.
3) Click on Settings (forgot the actual name but you'll find it).
4) Click on Vehicle Settings.
Originally Posted by sdotk
setup > vehicle > vehicle customization > door lock settings > select doors to unlock >> all doors

Thanks a lot!
Old 08-13-14, 12:30 PM
ancpratt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE my IS 250 F Sport but just have a few things to gripe about. I quickly scrolled through all of the pages of this post and didn't see if these already mentioned but I apologize if they have:

1) When in Accessory Mode with the engine off and listening to music from any source, the car shuts off completely to save battery power after about 15 minutes. Can this be overridden? For example, I was at a drive-in movie last week and the movie audio was broadcast over an FM radio station. The car would shut off every 15 minutes so I had to press the Start/Stop button again each time to put the car back into Accessory Mode.

2) In the General Settings, there's an option to turn off the NAV display but while in Accessory Mode, I tried to shut the screen off (again because I was at the drive-in movie and it was too bright in the car) but the screen won't actually turn off completely. It continued to show the "F Sport" logo. I had to place an object physically in front of the screen to block the glare.

3) Like a previous person already mentioned, the intermittent wiper graphics on the wiper stalk are backwards. For shorter interval wipes on this car, you move the dial to the longer dash indicators. That's completely opposite to every other car I've ever owned. It's reversed. I think this is a complete goof and mistake by Lexus.

4) Bluetooth audio notifications for messages/texts etc from my iPhone to the car are hit or miss. I understand what settings need to be enabled on the car and the phone but sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't.

Last edited by ancpratt; 08-13-14 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-14-14, 07:57 AM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it only me? I noticed that when I press the on and off button on the rear view mirror I barely notice the difference on the mirror. I believe the button should dim the mirror at night.
Old 08-14-14, 08:07 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by IS3Fguy
Is it only me? I noticed that when I press the on and off button on the rear view mirror I barely notice the difference on the mirror. I believe the button should dim the mirror at night.
Pushing the button only turns the dimming function and sensors on. It dims "on demand", so by having it on, you won't notice a difference unless there are bright lights shining on it, while in dark conditions. Once those conditions are removed, it returns to normal mode. It's kind of like putting it on standby. Hope that makes sense.
Old 08-14-14, 08:15 AM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Pushing the button only turns the dimming function and sensors on. It dims "on demand", so by having it on, you won't notice a difference unless there are bright lights shining on it, while in dark conditions. Once those conditions are removed, it returns to normal mode. It's kind of like putting it on standby. Hope that makes sense.
I'm aware of this. I tried it while I was driving at night with cars behind me. I turned it on and off but I couldn't see the diffrence. It looked dimmed the whole time. I wonder if my 20% tint has any effect on this.
Old 08-14-14, 08:20 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm aware of this. I tried it while I was driving at night with cars behind me. I turned it on and off but I couldn't see the diffrence. It looked dimmed the whole time. I wonder if my 20% tint has any effect on this.
It is a pretty gradual fade when you turn it off. There's a decent difference when I tested it out with a car blinding me from behind.
Old 08-19-14, 08:35 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Is there a way to have a digital clock on the nav screen or are we limited to the analog?
Old 08-20-14, 09:07 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

who here knew the headrest can be moved back and forth not just up and down?
Old 08-20-14, 09:17 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Let me answer your question because I've wondered the same before and have tested it out. It's tricky, but I noticed the differences through both the exterior and rear view mirror. I saw the differences when a SUV came behind me and shine it's headlight directly at my mirror since it's high enough. I then turn the auto dimming option on and off through the rear view mirror and noticed the differences RIGHT AWAY.

It's there you can try it out with a SUV behind you where the headlights are above an average sedan shining at both your exterior and rear view mirror.

Quick Reply: Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)