IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-13, 06:49 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eyeball
I just drove from San Diego to Irvine this morning. Used NAV to get to my destination. Along the way, apparently there was an accident several miles ahead, so NAV asked if I wanted to re-route
you listen to Brittany spears? lol
Old 12-10-13, 08:01 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redcupr
This bugs me, too. I attribute it to the country where the car originates, where the orientation would be just fine.
The second generation was the other way. audio on the left how it should be.
Old 12-10-13, 02:50 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
The second generation was the other way. audio on the left how it should be.
Just my opinion here, but most people with the 3IS will drive with there left hand on the wheel and right hand on the mouse. Because of this (and cuz most people are right handed) they had the gauge switch and music controls (for your favorite stations) set on the right side of the wheel. I find myself switching between my favorite preset radio stations with my right index finger on the right side of the steering wheel and then adjusting the volume on the steering wheel with my left thumb. Personally I think its set up in a great way and very user friendly

Just one mans opinion though.
Old 12-11-13, 01:30 PM
antonyw
Driver School Candidate

The check engine light comes on as you run out of gas. Only got 42 miles on the E light this time, perhaps too much spirited S+ driving once I hit E :-)
Old 12-12-13, 01:10 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Integrated Preset List

Just picked up my car yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised that you could combine AM, FM, and Satellite stations on tthe same preset list
Old 12-18-13, 12:03 AM
Oxytocin
Driver

Originally Posted by eyeball
I normally don't wait till I'm near empty to refuel, but I was preoccupied and stressed out yesterday lol. Wasn't paying attention. But yeah NAV shows a message that you're low on fuel and then the screenshot I uploaded above appears
This is my second time driving until less than 30 miles, the first time didn't bring up the menu, but it did this time! Came on right as I parked too.
Attached Thumbnails Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-image-456892271.jpg  
Old 12-18-13, 08:08 AM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
This is my second time driving until less than 30 miles, the first time didn't bring up the menu, but it did this time! Came on right as I parked too.
oh awesome! glad i'm not the only one hehe
Old 12-18-13, 08:10 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

The power windows move slowly at the end of their travel, so as to avoid the "clunk" when they come to a stop. Our RX does it too, so I imagine it's on all Lexus models.
Old 12-18-13, 09:48 AM
NG3IS3F
Driver School Candidate

Default One thing I absolutely HATE.

In my 335i that I had previously, if I turned the car off with the stereo blasting it would automatically turn it down halfway the next time I went to start it up. I'm not used to the Lexus not doing this so it scares the ****** out of me when I turn the car on after previously having the radio turned up. I'll eventually get used to this and turn it down before getting out. Other than that I like everything about the car
Old 12-18-13, 12:06 PM
iamthafeez
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NG3IS3F
In my 335i that I had previously, if I turned the car off with the stereo blasting it would automatically turn it down halfway the next time I went to start it up. I'm not used to the Lexus not doing this so it scares the ****** out of me when I turn the car on after previously having the radio turned up. I'll eventually get used to this and turn it down before getting out. Other than that I like everything about the car
Same thing happens to me! It's worse when you have passengers lol.
Old 12-18-13, 12:14 PM
SLiCkFX
10th Gear

So I was driving when my nav/radio froze. I was unable to control the volume or anything else. The only way to get it back to normal is to restart the car. I didn't feel like stopping to restart the car. So I put the car in neutral, accidentally hit reverse (oops) and the rear video camera came on while I was still rolling forward. Good to know the reverse won't full engage until you are at full stop.

I did put the car back in neutral and you have to hold down the starter to turn the car off when in motion. A message pops ups to tell you that.

I find it hilarious I have to reboot my car when it freezes.
Old 12-18-13, 12:24 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SLiCkFX
So I was driving when my nav/radio froze. I was unable to control the volume or anything else. The only way to get it back to normal is to restart the car. I didn't feel like stopping to restart the car. So I put the car in neutral, accidentally hit reverse (oops) and the rear video camera came on while I was still rolling forward. Good to know the reverse won't full engage until you are at full stop.

I did put the car back in neutral and you have to hold down the starter to turn the car off when in motion. A message pops ups to tell you that.

I find it hilarious I have to reboot my car when it freezes.
Press and hold the nav power button will reboot the nav.
Old 12-18-13, 03:28 PM
SLiCkFX
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jhs82
Press and hold the nav power button will reboot the nav.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. Good thing it doesn't happen too often.
Old 12-18-13, 03:48 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
The power windows move slowly at the end of their travel, so as to avoid the "clunk" when they come to a stop. Our RX does it too, so I imagine it's on all Lexus models.
Not on the CT, but yes on the RX and it's a nice refined touch.
Old 12-18-13, 06:38 PM
acejacks00
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if someone posted this yet but I thought the material between the seat and console to be helpful. It saved my phone from falling into the creves.

Quick Reply: Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)