IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

mirrors don't tilt when put in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-13, 05:47 AM
Jimt9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mirrors don't tilt when put in reverse

My dealer said the windows on my 250 F sport executive pkg (Canada) should tilt down when the car is in reverse. They said the control must be either on the Lh or Rh position for it to work. I have tried both positions and it doesn't tilt when in reverse? The windows are currently locked out from the switch on the drivers door due to the tint being fresh (they said to wait a few days before rolling down the windows). Any suggestions?
Old 08-23-13, 05:51 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

In order for them to tilt on my car I had to put the car in reverse and tilt them down to where I wanted initially. Then whenever I went into reverse they'd go to that tilted down spot. Maybe that wasn't done on your car yet.
Old 08-23-13, 07:30 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimt9
My dealer said the windows on my 250 F sport executive pkg (Canada) should tilt down when the car is in reverse. They said the control must be either on the Lh or Rh position for it to work. I have tried both positions and it doesn't tilt when in reverse? The windows are currently locked out from the switch on the drivers door due to the tint being fresh (they said to wait a few days before rolling down the windows). Any suggestions?
The windows won't roll down when you back up. Only the mirrors would be auto tilt down when the mirror position is either L or R.
Old 08-23-13, 07:59 AM
enoren
Pole Position

According to the manual, you need the mirrors to be neutral, not in L or R. If the L light is on, for example, push it again to go neutral. Then they should tilt down when you're in reverse.
Old 08-23-13, 09:06 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

I agree with enoren - at least that's the way it works on the 2IS -
Old 08-23-13, 09:47 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtang1
This is strange. For my 06' IS, auto reverse mirror tilt works only in either "L" or "R" position and not in the neutral/middle position. Maybe Lexus has changed the way it interacts in the later model years of 2IS and then carries over this change to 3IS?

I don't have my 3IS yet that I can verify.
Old 08-23-13, 10:38 AM
chowner
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enoren
According to the manual, you need the mirrors to be neutral, not in L or R. If the L light is on, for example, push it again to go neutral. Then they should tilt down when you're in reverse.
I have 2014 IS F-SPORT Executive package as well and I can't get the side rear-view mirrors to auto-tilt when in reverse....
Old 08-23-13, 10:44 AM
Jimt9
Driver School Candidate

I reviewed the executive pkg on Lexus.ca and I don't think the auto tilt mirrors are part of this pkg?
Old 08-23-13, 10:52 AM
chowner
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to the lexus servicing. They said it should auto-tilt. I'm gonna take the car to them today and they'll take a look. Will keep you posted.
Old 08-23-13, 11:06 AM
Jimt9
Driver School Candidate

ok, please let me know if they get it to work and how they do it. I would love to get my car setup that way.
Thanks
Old 08-23-13, 11:25 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Try it in the middle or left or right witch. When you put it in reverse, move the mirrors down to where you want them. That should set their desired position. Throw it in drive and then they should move back up to normal height
Old 08-23-13, 03:32 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigtang1
Not on my 2IS... It has to be L or R for them to work. Neutral disables the function.

That said, i think tilting mirrors is another one of those retarded Lexus omissions from the F-Sport.
Old 08-26-13, 08:24 PM
jagged
Driver School Candidate

I read the manual last night and it seems auto tilt is a standard feature in all IS at least for international versions.

My F-sport mirrors auto-tilt when in reverse but L or R mirror button light has to be on for the function to work.
Old 08-26-13, 11:11 PM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mirrors does not tilt. (f-sport edition without leather and memory seats, but has everything else)
The manual said nothing, except for that the mirrors should tilt when putting the car in reverse, when the car is equipped with this option.
Old 08-26-13, 11:46 PM
RA040224
Driver

I think memory seats are a prerequisite. My mirrors tilt, and the selector is in the left position. As LexusNN writes, you have to program the position by ajusting them when the gear is in reverse.

Quick Reply: mirrors don't tilt when put in reverse