IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

mirrors don't tilt when put in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13, 10:06 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I've tried programming the mirrors, it's pretty safe to asume that only the cars with memory seats have the tilting mirrors.
Old 08-27-13, 12:05 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by magne
Since I've tried programming the mirrors, it's pretty safe to asume that only the cars with memory seats have the tilting mirrors.
Yes, the auto tilting mirrors requires memory seats.
Old 08-27-13, 12:08 PM
chowner
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to lexus servicing today. They couldn't get the mirrors to auto tilt and I have the F-SPORT Executive Package in Canada. They said they weren't sure if auto-tilting mirror was included in this package. I said it should be a standard. They only did like a 10 min checkup and they will look into it in detail in the first 1600 km servicing appointment
Old 08-27-13, 05:33 PM
LSIII
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chowner
I went to lexus servicing today. They couldn't get the mirrors to auto tilt and I have the F-SPORT Executive Package in Canada. They said they weren't sure if auto-tilting mirror was included in this package. I said it should be a standard. They only did like a 10 min checkup and they will look into it in detail in the first 1600 km servicing appointment
Auto tilt down mirrors are linked to the memory seat option, and according to Lexus.ca memory seats are only on the Luxury or Executive package, not on the F-Sport Executive package. So you car is not suppose to have auto-tilt mirrors in 'R'.

Last edited by LSIII; 08-28-13 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-27-13, 06:40 PM
Jlesz
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chowner
i have the same package in canada and have tried everything and they mirrors will not tilt down
Old 04-24-14, 07:21 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

how hard could it be to install memory seat option, after market? im sure its just a simple upgrade since mirrors move through the controls anyway
Old 04-24-14, 07:48 PM
clew84
Driver School Candidate

Not having this feature on the F Sport is ridiculous. If you can have a back up camera, there's no reason not to include tilting mirrors. Got the car 3 weeks ago and just thought I was doing something wrong but hadn't really tried to correct the problem. Dumb decision by Lexus.

I've stated it before: no Lexus should be without memory seats and electronically adjustable steering wheel column. Now add another feature to that list.
Old 05-27-14, 11:02 AM
JustNoize
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NOT TO DIG UP AN OLD Thread But

Can This Be Retrofitted?
If not memory Seating, auto tilt-down in reverse????
Old 05-27-14, 11:12 AM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimt9
My dealer said the windows on my 250 F sport executive pkg (Canada) should tilt down when the car is in reverse. They said the control must be either on the Lh or Rh position for it to work. I have tried both positions and it doesn't tilt when in reverse? The windows are currently locked out from the switch on the drivers door due to the tint being fresh (they said to wait a few days before rolling down the windows). Any suggestions?
I have 350 AWD F sport executive package (Canada) and I haven't seen it automatically tilt when I reverse. Does mine come with it?
Old 05-27-14, 01:58 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IS3Fguy
I have 350 AWD F sport executive package (Canada) and I haven't seen it automatically tilt when I reverse. Does mine come with it?
Apparently, there was a piece of misinformation in the printed brochure for the 2014 Canadian IS and Lexus Canada updated the PDF for the brochure on lexus.ca some unknown time ago.

The brochure that I received from the dealership shows FSport Executive Package for IS250AWD and IS350AWD does include "auto-dimming exterior rearview mirrors with reverse tilt". And the PDF for the brochure that I downloaded in Jun 2013 had the same info.

Check your brochure and see if you find it. It is the last item in the "Fsport Executive Package) on the 2nd last page.
Old 05-27-14, 07:19 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justnoize
can this be retrofitted? If not memory seating, auto tilt-down in reverse?
SERIOUSLY; What BS.
Old 05-27-14, 07:59 PM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Apparently, there was a piece of misinformation in the printed brochure for the 2014 Canadian IS and Lexus Canada updated the PDF for the brochure on lexus.ca some unknown time ago.

The brochure that I received from the dealership shows FSport Executive Package for IS250AWD and IS350AWD does include "auto-dimming exterior rearview mirrors with reverse tilt". And the PDF for the brochure that I downloaded in Jun 2013 had the same info.

Check your brochure and see if you find it. It is the last item in the "Fsport Executive Package) on the 2nd last page.
So it doesn't come with it?
Old 05-28-14, 07:07 AM
bstriks
Driver School Candidate

At least on the 2014's, the mirrors don't tilt when reversing on the F-sport models regardless of options/packages. Although my dealer told me they did, I argued with them and asked them to program them for me. After 20 mins and two technicians researching it, the end result was that they don't tilt.
Old 05-28-14, 08:00 AM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I too saw the brochure with auto-tilt, but I can't get my car to do it.

Seriously Lexus? This can't be a pricey thing. My base 2008 RDX has this.
Old 05-29-14, 02:15 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup, generally you need memory seats/mirrors for this to work, otherwise the car wouldn't know where to put the mirror BACK to when you're done reversing.

Also, whether or not the mirror lowers on reverse gear is a dealer-configurable setting (if the car supports it). You can configure it with Carista as well (and you can check whether your car supports it for free).

Quick Reply: mirrors don't tilt when put in reverse