IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ultra White Touch Up Paint (Code 083)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-17, 03:53 PM
KietV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdeus
I have the ultra-white touch up paint, and it comes in two bottles (paint + clear coat)
are you selling?
Old 02-10-17, 06:31 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Off topic,

But, to the guys that had tried using the touch-up paint on rock chips. Once you touched it up, I know it doesn't look perfect & is not leveled. Has anyone tried using Meg's ScratchX 2.0 to buff/polish that touched up section in order to blend it with the surrounding paint?
Old 02-10-17, 06:55 PM
snabbledab
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i second the dr color chip, very easy to do
Old 02-11-17, 12:51 PM
soupy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There are too many threads and posts where people kept indicating the dealer got them two bottles but never say what the part numbers were or what they are. These are the two bottles you need. One is the base coat in white (PN 00258083BC21) and one is a sparkly clearcoat (PN 002580008321) to put on top of that.

The following 3 users liked this post by soupy:
ALarsh (02-01-21), jkonquer (05-09-17), ltsr (11-17-17)
Old 02-11-17, 12:56 PM
soupy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
Off topic,

But, to the guys that had tried using the touch-up paint on rock chips. Once you touched it up, I know it doesn't look perfect & is not leveled. Has anyone tried using Meg's ScratchX 2.0 to buff/polish that touched up section in order to blend it with the surrounding paint?
ScratchX 2.0 and the equivalents are finishing polishes so it won't do any leveling at all, it'd simply improve the shine of the coat. What really needs to be done is a wetsand to truly level it down to the paint around it, then a multi-step polishing process with compound, medium-cut polishes, and finishing polishes. This is probably way too aggressive for small rock chips however so no one really do it and just live with filling in the chips enough to pass a 10ft view test.
Old 02-11-17, 05:17 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I recently bought USB 2,0 touch paint. It came with, base coat, actual USB paint and clear coat.
Old 02-12-17, 10:10 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soupy
ScratchX 2.0 and the equivalents are finishing polishes so it won't do any leveling at all, it'd simply improve the shine of the coat. What really needs to be done is a wetsand to truly level it down to the paint around it, then a multi-step polishing process with compound, medium-cut polishes, and finishing polishes. This is probably way too aggressive for small rock chips however so no one really do it and just live with filling in the chips enough to pass a 10ft view test.
Hmm.. Yeah I saw a youtube vid of a guy doing this with his RX.

I'm gonna try it on a very discrete chip and see how it guys.
Old 03-02-17, 03:14 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Just got my two bottles of touch-up from the dealer. One is base(white) one is the clear(sparkles).

The bottle says wait 24 hours before applying clear coat.. How do you guys go about using the 2 stage touch up pens?
Old 05-04-17, 08:48 AM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Just ordered these. I've been watching videos, and saw some mix the 2 coats before applying. Has anyone done that?
Old 05-06-17, 06:08 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
Just got my two bottles of touch-up from the dealer. One is base(white) one is the clear(sparkles).

The bottle says wait 24 hours before applying clear coat.. How do you guys go about using the 2 stage touch up pens?
Nathan, if your bottle says it you should do as it said, because thats how engineer designed we can't do opposite, generally we don't have to wait that long, depend on how you want it to look like after, for us, we touch it up wait for hours depend on you how long you want and clear coat and wait for hour sand it down VERY GENTLY with 1200 grid sand paper and then we buff it off. If your stone chip is so tiny just touch it up wait for 30 mins and clear coat it.
Old 05-06-17, 06:16 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by aztr0
Just ordered these. I've been watching videos, and saw some mix the 2 coats before applying. Has anyone done that?
Some aftermarket paints designed premixed or you have to mix them up, always read the instructions, engineer designs differently, For Toyota/Lexus touch up paint the answer is No ! aftermarket auto paint that really closed to OEM like "Dupli-color" answer also No ! like i told Nathan, follow the instruction because they made it they know it.
Old 05-06-17, 08:33 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 824 Likes on 403 Posts

Bought a paint pen while at the dealership yesterday. Mine came in as a single pen, paint on one side and clear on the other.
So far, the color match pretty sucks! I'll wait to see with the clear, but kinda disappointed right now!
Old 05-07-17, 03:30 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Answer
Bought a paint pen while at the dealership yesterday. Mine came in as a single pen, paint on one side and clear on the other.
So far, the color match pretty sucks! I'll wait to see with the clear, but kinda disappointed right now!
yep I just bought mine and it's 2 in 1 one head is paint other head is clear coat, you gotta wait for awhile bro , let it hits the sun and rain before it matches , I think I have explained this already in gen2 IS forum
Old 05-07-17, 03:43 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 824 Likes on 403 Posts

Oh, will do next time! Depending on the viewing angle, sometimes it matched and other times it literally was gray/silver.
I ended up touching the touchups with the same paint I used to paint my lips and now it's perfect! Should have done this the first time!
Old 05-18-17, 12:08 PM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
Oh, will do next time! Depending on the viewing angle, sometimes it matched and other times it literally was gray/silver.
I ended up touching the touchups with the same paint I used to paint my lips and now it's perfect! Should have done this the first time!

What touch up paint did you end up using on your lips. Is it the same lexus dealer touch up paint. Or did you find another one?

The dealer one is off. It's greyish whitish

Quick Reply: Ultra White Touch Up Paint (Code 083)