IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Regret of NOT having the F-Sport package?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-13, 10:05 AM
GeorgeHill
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Regret of NOT having the F-Sport package?

For those who purchase the NON F-Sport version, do you have buyers remorse? I'm about to pull out the trigger on a IS250 Luxury Nebula Grey / Flaxen interior (I'm planing on keep the car for long time) and i think the Luxury style it's gonna age better than the "boy racer" style on the F-Sport package... but to be honest, I'm in love with the LFA inspire instrument panel and red interior. Decisions decisions... I don't wanna have buyers remorse later on...
Old 08-18-13, 11:15 AM
GeorgeHill
Driver School Candidate

Damn! 86 views and no reply... Or everybody is happy with their non F-Sport package or everybody have the F-Sport package. lol

Last edited by GeorgeHill; 08-18-13 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-18-13, 11:28 AM
JLex23
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the non F-Sport version and have no regrets at all. I prefer the bumper on the non-F with the fog lamps. In addition, I prefer my wheels to the F-Sport. I also didn't care too much about the black headliner. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I could have selected the sport package but for my money I did not see the benefit.
Old 08-18-13, 11:29 AM
JLex23
Rookie

I also thought the LFA gauge was cool but I prefer the clean look...plus I bet when it breaks it's going to cost an arm and a leg!!
Old 08-18-13, 11:33 AM
GeorgeHill
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JLex23
I bought the non F-Sport version and have no regrets at all. I prefer the bumper on the non-F with the fog lamps. In addition, I prefer my wheels to the F-Sport. I also didn't care too much about the black headliner. I guess it all comes down to personal preference. I could have selected the sport package but for my money I did not see the benefit.
We have similar preferences!
Old 08-18-13, 12:00 PM
3is
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GeorgeHill
For those who purchase the NON F-Sport version, do you have buyers remorse? I'm about to pull out the trigger on a IS250 Luxury Nebula Grey / Flaxen interior (I'm planing on keep the car for long time) and i think the Luxury style it's gonna age better than the "boy racer" style on the F-Sport package... but to be honest, I'm in love with the LFA inspire instrument panel and red interior. Decisions decisions... I don't wanna have buyers remorse later on...

i was having the same doubt, i ended up ordering a 350 F sport today, not only not to have regrets but where i live its almost same options for both and for me, F sport looks much better ( f sport rims and rear spoiler) + LFA gauge obviously.
Old 08-18-13, 12:12 PM
flippd
Driver

Drove both and didn't really feel the difference handling wise between the F and non-F sport in everyday driving. However, I did prefer the look of the F-sport, but the lack of heated seats and memory seats was a deal-breaker. Hopefully in 2 years this will be corrected and I can get an IS with the F sport looks and heated/memory seats. If I had to get one today, I would've gone with the non-F-sport with Luxury.
Old 08-18-13, 12:19 PM
3is
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flippd
Drove both and didn't really feel the difference handling wise between the F and non-F sport in everyday driving. However, I did prefer the look of the F-sport, but the lack of heated seats and memory seats was a deal-breaker. Hopefully in 2 years this will be corrected and I can get an IS with the F sport looks and heated/memory seats. If I had to get one today, I would've gone with the non-F-sport with Luxury.
strange that the heated seats/memory seats are available in the car i drove and thus the car i ordered. i think this is region specific, should be corrected sooner that 2 years, i believe this should be even available now if people complain to Lexus.
Old 08-18-13, 12:25 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by flippd
I also have chosen non F-Sport because of the lack of features in F Sport IS and I don't think I will regret as I have been waiting for the my car delivery and I have sat in both many many times in different dealership showrooms. I am more concerned about amenities than the ultimate performance as it would be a frequent issue in daily driving and there are not many windy roads in my area to enjoy the Sport+ mode in F Sport.

However, for the looks, I find both have their own merits. Both look good to me. For the F Sport,

I like the LFA instrument cluster but I find the traditional cluster in the non F Sport a bit easy on eyes, especially after a day of hard work.

For the seating, I find the F Sport seats look better when you are viewing from the rear seats because of the bigger side bolsters. The non F Sport seats, however, have more refined and additional stitches in the main area. There seems to be more backing material in the lower half of the non F Sport seats when you touch it while sitting on the rear seats.
Old 08-18-13, 12:37 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Absolutely not. The non F-sport looks very good. Here in Sweden we can only choose between IS250 and IS300h. Since none of them have enough power to really be sporty, I don't think the F-sport package fits. Had we been allowed to choose 350 it would have been justified with adaptive chassis etc.

I would not choose the S-line on Audi 2.0TDI, or M-package on a 320d. This is the cars 300h really competes with. Not 325i or A4 2.0T.
Old 08-18-13, 01:04 PM
GeorgeHill
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jhs82
Absolutely not. The non F-sport looks very good. Here in Sweden we can only choose between IS250 and IS300h. Since none of them have enough power to really be sporty, I don't think the F-sport package fits. Had we been allowed to choose 350 it would have been justified with adaptive chassis etc.

I would not choose the S-line on Audi 2.0TDI, or M-package on a 320d. This is the cars 300h really competes with. Not 325i or A4 2.0T.
Exactly! For some reason the F-Sport package doesn't fit in the IS250 ... IMO! (too slow???)
On the IS350 it's a different story!
Old 08-18-13, 01:24 PM
JLex23
Rookie

I'm pretty fond of my non F and think its just as nice!!!
Attached Thumbnails Regret of NOT having the F-Sport package?-image.jpg  
Old 08-18-13, 01:35 PM
flippd
Driver

Atomic silver?? That's another plus of the non-F-sport, they have that lovely color!
Old 08-18-13, 01:58 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the F Sport because I wanted the red interior and the higher bolstered seats.

IMHO I would get the red in the nebula. Flaxen will just look odd in a gray car. Flaxen is more suited for a black, white, red, blue car.
Old 08-18-13, 04:45 PM
JLex23
Rookie

Yes it's Atomic Silver...it's one of the best colors available IMHO.

Quick Reply: Regret of NOT having the F-Sport package?