IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-13, 03:35 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(

Just a heads up if your going to change your tires or repair them like me because I had a nail .....tell the dealer to flip the wheel upside down and remove the rubber off that way ...I told mine and they didn't listen and scuffed my whole wheel and put a gash in it (((( so pissed Monday they're bringing in the wheel doctor and fixing it if its not perfect I'm asking for a new one
Old 08-15-13, 03:58 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

NO! Demand a new wheel. Seriously. And if they won't do it contact corporate. I'm serious. You paid good money and have a beautiful new car. You'll mess it up enough on your own without someone else messing it up too.
Old 08-15-13, 04:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

I would also demand a new wheel...
Old 08-15-13, 04:47 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
Just a heads up if your going to change your tires or repair them like me because I had a nail .....tell the dealer to flip the wheel upside down and remove the rubber off that way ...I told mine and they didn't listen and scuffed my whole wheel and put a gash in it (((( so pissed Monday they're bringing in the wheel doctor and fixing it if its not perfect I'm asking for a new one
omg new wheel!
Old 08-15-13, 04:52 PM
IZZO2FIZZO
Lead Lap

Any pictures?
Old 08-15-13, 04:55 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by IZZO2FIZZO
Any pictures?
trying its saying upload file failed for some reason....let me figure this out
Old 08-15-13, 05:00 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

yeah im going to tell them tomorrow to cancel my appt with the "rim Doctor" and tell them i want a new wheel you guys are right they should have known how to change their own tire its redic and he had the ***** to tell me the gash was there and so were the scuffs lol pure peasants !!!

you can see the gash and the scuffs on the spoke of the wheel and how they totally took off the color of the rim its crazy how they would just give me my car that way and say nothing
Attached Thumbnails Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(-image2.jpg   Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(-rsz_2image.jpg  
Old 08-15-13, 05:01 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by IZZO2FIZZO
Any pictures?
found the problem it was too big the picture lol im im so angry right now lollll not gonna wash her until i get my new rim lol
Old 08-15-13, 05:41 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a Lexus shop. You'd think they would know better. Not like luxury and white glove attention is new to them. Customer satisfaction is suppose to mean something to Lexus.

As for asking for a new wheel . . . . you don't even get an opportunity for something unless you ask for it. Ask for the new wheel. If they balk, go corporate. You've got the pics as evidence. Good luck.
Old 08-15-13, 06:26 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by moose66
This is a Lexus shop. You'd think they would know better. Not like luxury and white glove attention is new to them. Customer satisfaction is suppose to mean something to Lexus.

As for asking for a new wheel . . . . you don't even get an opportunity for something unless you ask for it. Ask for the new wheel. If they balk, go corporate. You've got the pics as evidence. Good luck.

massapequa lexus service in amityville ......i had to tell them to flip the wheel upside down but they didnt listen.....you'd think they knew what needed to be done...i guess not...im calling corp tomorrow ......the manager told me quote on quote " We do it this way all day long and have no problems" ....

so annoyed right now not even funny
Old 08-15-13, 07:20 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
massapequa lexus service in amityville ......i had to tell them to flip the wheel upside down but they didnt listen.....you'd think they knew what needed to be done...i guess not...im calling corp tomorrow ......the manager told me quote on quote " We do it this way all day long and have no problems" ....

so annoyed right now not even funny
It's too bad the ding is there. Maybe I'm too level-headed when it comes to these things, but to show that you're being reasonable about the situation, let them repair it as they said and if there's the slightest blemish or color mis-match, let the evidence speak for itself and demand the wheel replacement then. You'll have less resistance then IMO.
Old 08-15-13, 07:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

That sucks...

If the car had 10k+ miles on it that would be one thing, but since its BRAND new they should replace the wheel IMHO.
Old 08-15-13, 07:35 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW13GS
That sucks...

If the car had 10k+ miles on it that would be one thing, but since its BRAND new they should replace the wheel IMHO.
I'd have to agree with this and like the others regarding requesting ummmm nope demanding a new wheel. Mistakes happens but this is more being " incompetent " IMHO which is soooo unacceptable !?!?!? I'd call corporate if they insist on the wheel doctor wtf ???
Old 08-15-13, 07:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Right, they treated his vehicle with so little care they damaged the rim while using their tools. Especially with what Lexus charges for labor...I don't think its unreasonable to expect they won't beat the ***** out of my car with their tools. Its not an Exxon station. Even at an Exxon station, there's just no excuse for that.

They want $130 an hour to treat a car like that?!?! Please.
Old 08-15-13, 08:35 PM
GeorgeHill
Driver School Candidate

Dude that sucks! Ask for a new one, period!

Quick Reply: Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(