IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Forgestar Wheels for the 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 11:30 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy Forgestar Wheels for the 3IS

I ordered my set of Forgestar wheels for the 3IS back on May 29th (5/29/13), provided all necessary and requested measurements and was told an ETA of mid July.

It's now 8/13 and I have no wheels. Furthermore, I have no ETA. I was told that my wheels were delayed due to an imperfection (these are custom color) and had to be sent back to the powder coater for a re-work.

Unfortunately, that was two weeks ago. And I cannot get an ETA on these wheels. I've put down a 50% deposit on the wheels, so there's no going back now. The last response I got from the shop I am working with was along the lines of:

The wheels should be done soon, but Forgestar hasn't gotten back to me...I think Forgestar has got a lot of orders and they are spread thin in terms of customer service guys who handle our account.

Is this a normal thing when you order custom (color) wheels? Are delays common nowadays? I've never ordered custom wheels before, and I've always ordered only Volks or Advans and they have arrived sooner than the ETA on all occasions.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

*Please note I have no issues with the shop I am working with- the guys there have been nothing but kind and helpful and very responsive.
Old 08-14-13, 12:26 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep... I waited very long for my forgestars. They went over their ETA, and I just have one of their standard colors. I also got very few updates.....
Old 08-14-13, 04:54 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Customer service is what makes or breaks a business. I've only seen their wheels once in person on a new Evo.

I've don't think it should be taking this long. Especially if the wheels are already made and just needs to be re-powdercoated. That should only take a max of 3-5 days. Sorry that your dealing with this delay. Hope they come soon.
Old 08-14-13, 05:05 AM
usb250f
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have delt with this same exact situation in the past with Forgestar. I had ordered a set of CF5's for a 2011 5.0 mustang. 50% deposit and waited just under 3 months to see the wheels . I was told the same exact thing , a blemish on the wheels and needs to be repaired.

Forgestar DOES NOT answer their phones period . When I finally did receive the wheels, they were fine; Except for that fact they sent me the wrong centercaps. However, that contract you signed about non refundable deposit, they hold that end of the deal up VERY WELL!

I feel for you in this situation and its very unfortunate that enthusiasts who are excited about modifying their cars spend hard earned money with these companies and ultimately have a very sour experience . Good luck with your transaction. From past experience though , I think you should be receiving your wheels relatively soon .
Old 08-14-13, 07:57 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

shouldn't be taking that long as kev says Customer service is what makes or breaks a business, i hope you hear some positive news sometime soon....
Old 08-14-13, 08:46 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Yep... I waited very long for my forgestars. They went over their ETA, and I just have one of their standard colors. I also got very few updates.....
Drat....I had read about delays when doing my research on the wheels, but it looked like these were older posts and I hoped that they had gotten better since.

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
Customer service is what makes or breaks a business. I've only seen their wheels once in person on a new Evo.

I've don't think it should be taking this long. Especially if the wheels are already made and just needs to be re-powdercoated. That should only take a max of 3-5 days. Sorry that your dealing with this delay. Hope they come soon.

Originally Posted by usb250f
I have delt with this same exact situation in the past with Forgestar. I had ordered a set of CF5's for a 2011 5.0 mustang. 50% deposit and waited just under 3 months to see the wheels . I was told the same exact thing , a blemish on the wheels and needs to be repaired.

Forgestar DOES NOT answer their phones period . When I finally did receive the wheels, they were fine; Except for that fact they sent me the wrong centercaps. However, that contract you signed about non refundable deposit, they hold that end of the deal up VERY WELL!

I feel for you in this situation and its very unfortunate that enthusiasts who are excited about modifying their cars spend hard earned money with these companies and ultimately have a very sour experience . Good luck with your transaction. From past experience though , I think you should be receiving your wheels relatively soon .
Thanks for the info you guys. I guess this is pretty common then when dealing with Forgestar :/ I was perhaps a bit naive, hoping that because this is the brand new IS, they might be a little better about getting the order right / providing an accurate ETA and more updates. I mean, the idea was to have the wheels arrive at the same time my car arrived, so it would be one of the first 3IS with wheels!

Originally Posted by juvi22003
shouldn't be taking that long as kev says Customer service is what makes or breaks a business, i hope you hear some positive news sometime soon....
Thank you! I hope so too. As of right now this is what Forgestar says:

Order Status Quality Inspection
Wheel Style: F14 72B Color: Custom
Front Wheel: 19x8.5 Rear Wheel: 19x9.5
Car: IS XE30 Third Gen ETA: 2 Week(s) As Of 08/01
Notes:
Upon inspection 1 wheel has imperfections and has to be refinished 7/31

The shop, however, says there is no ETA since the wheel has to be reworked and they aren't getting updates from Forgestar.
Old 08-14-13, 10:20 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 1/2 months is unfortunately normal for some forged wheel companies. My Asanti 3 pc forged I had custom made took 9 months!

Last edited by John510; 08-14-13 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-14-13, 01:49 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was right around 12 weeks if I remember correctly. ...
Old 08-14-13, 03:35 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It's going to look amazing when you do receive them- don't you worry. It's the lack of communication since the most recent ETA that would bother me as well. But knowing how long you've waited thus far, I foresee your taking delivery rather soon. At least yours are in the final stage.
Old 08-15-13, 08:45 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by John510
2 1/2 months is unfortunately normal for some forged wheel companies. My Asanti 3 pc forged I had custom made took 9 months!
Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Mine was right around 12 weeks if I remember correctly. ...
The wait itself isn't an issue, I just wish they had given me a realistic ETA from the beginning, because then I would have ordered the wheels earlier. I starting talk to the shop way back in March about ordering these wheels, but I was trying to time it so that the wheels would arrive around the same time as my car, based on the ETA. =/

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
It's going to look amazing when you do receive them- don't you worry. It's the lack of communication since the most recent ETA that would bother me as well. But knowing how long you've waited thus far, I foresee your taking delivery rather soon. At least yours are in the final stage.
Let's hope so haha. I just hope the wheels look superb when they do finally arrive..
Old 08-16-13, 09:14 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Oh awesome, my ETA has been updated!

ETA: 0 Week(s) As Of 08/01

hahaha that makes no sense. It's 8/16.......
Old 08-16-13, 09:42 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Oh awesome, my ETA has been updated!

ETA: 0 Week(s) As Of 08/01

hahaha that makes no sense. It's 8/16.......
AWESOME!!! that means it should be here in about two weeks ago! what are you going to do when they get then.