IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

A few simple customization questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-13, 12:48 PM
Sports1131
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few simple customization questions

I've had my car for just over a week and I'm loving it, but I have a few questions.
  1. Can anyone tell me what the navigation screen resolution is? I'd like to customize the startup image and need to know what the optimal size is.

2. When tuned to an HD Radio station, is it possible to change which multicast channel you're listening to via the steering wheel? I know how to do it from the radio screen; just curious if there's a more convenient method.

3. Does anyone know how to customize the number of times the turn signal flashes on the intermediate setting? The default is three, but the manual says it can be set to four or seven by a dealer. Just wondering if this is simple enough to do yourself.
Thanks for your help!
Old 08-13-13, 01:18 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

1. Don't know
2. It doesn't look like possible
3. I wasn't able to change this at the dealer. I was told it wasn't available, possibly due to F-sport pkg. If you have non-sport with Luxury pkg the option to change might be available.
Old 08-13-13, 01:23 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sports1131
I've had my car for just over a week and I'm loving it, but I have a few questions.
  1. Can anyone tell me what the navigation screen resolution is? I'd like to customize the startup image and need to know what the optimal size is.

2. When tuned to an HD Radio station, is it possible to change which multicast channel you're listening to via the steering wheel? I know how to do it from the radio screen; just curious if there's a more convenient method.

3. Does anyone know how to customize the number of times the turn signal flashes on the intermediate setting? The default is three, but the manual says it can be set to four or seven by a dealer. Just wondering if this is simple enough to do yourself.
Thanks for your help!
1) no clue. i don't remember seeing this info in the manual so if I remember correctly i used the biggest size i could find of the picture and it worked just fine. So if there is a limit on size in the manual i missed it. i only remember folder restrictions.

2) no idea

3) you already answered it. lol. this is a setting the dealership can only change and im sure the manual states that. the first position can be set to one of four settings....3blinks, 7 seven blinks, as many blinks as long as its held in first postion (my preference), and no blinks at all in first position.
Old 08-13-13, 01:24 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

it's probably dealer only, like the 2013 GS. when i had the GS i had to take it to the dealer so it could be set to 5.
Old 08-13-13, 01:31 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thejaperu
1) no clue. i don't remember seeing this info in the manual so if I remember correctly i used the biggest size i could find of the picture and it worked just fine. So if there is a limit on size in the manual i missed it. i only remember folder restrictions.

2) no idea

3) you already answered it. lol. this is a setting the dealership can only change and im sure the manual states that. the first position can be set to one of four settings....3blinks, 7 seven blinks, as many blinks as long as its held in first postion (my preference), and no blinks at all in first position.
Did you change the blinker setting? I went to my dealer and they said they couldn't change it, there was simply no other setting besides 3. Is it because of F-sport?
Old 08-13-13, 06:14 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dojoman
Did you change the blinker setting? I went to my dealer and they said they couldn't change it, there was simply no other setting besides 3. Is it because of F-sport?
yup...my dealer was able to change it. i love the excuses certain dealers throw out. "oh the manual? yea ummmm.....thats for ANOTHER lexus...." lol...

i have the 350 F-Sport and this feature is not a trim specific feature.
Old 08-13-13, 06:15 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

yup...my dealer was able to change it. i love the excuses certain dealers throw out. "oh the manual? yea ummmm.....thats for ANOTHER lexus...." lol...

Son of a gun. Bastard tricked me, I'll have to go again.
Old 08-13-13, 06:39 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Son of a gun. Bastard tricked me, I'll have to go again.
Which dealership do you go to? I go to the one in Newport.

Trick is a strong word lol. I think they often go on assumption and instead of telling you, "i dont know but I'll find out for you!" they just tell you whatever they think is right. i can only imagine how many new features come out vehicle to vehicle and im not sure what is part of their standard training but i doubt customizable features like this one falls under that training. As i understand it this blinker first position auto feature is new as of 2013. But siding with you, its a pet peeve of mine when you guess(end up lying if wrong) versus just taking five to ten minutes to find the answer. bugs the blinker out of me...lol.

good luck.
Old 08-13-13, 06:53 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Which dealership do you go to? I go to the one in Newport.

Trick is a strong word lol. I think they often go on assumption and instead of telling you, "i dont know but I'll find out for you!" they just tell you whatever they think is right. i can only imagine how many new features come out vehicle to vehicle and im not sure what is part of their standard training but i doubt customizable features like this one falls under that training. As i understand it this blinker first position auto feature is new as of 2013. But siding with you, its a pet peeve of mine when you guess(end up lying if wrong) versus just taking five to ten minutes to find the answer. bugs the blinker out of me...lol.

good luck.
I'm in Bay Area, I went to the one I bought the car from. Personalized setting is free for the first one only but if I go to a different dealer will they know I had already done this? Lexus should've make this setting user configurable.
Old 08-13-13, 09:11 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_09-02.pdf

See page 530 "Turn Lever Signal"
Old 08-14-13, 07:04 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JerryWest
yup...same page in my manual. I'm not sure what you're trying to point out. =/
Old 08-14-13, 07:09 AM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

yup...same page in my manual. I'm not sure what you're trying to point out. =/

Just trying to help here by replying to the initial post question #3.
Old 08-14-13, 07:12 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JerryWest
Just trying to help here by replying to the initial post question #3.
Oh i gotcha. yea its a dealer only setting unfortunately. Maybe because its a setting that is directly tied to a moving violation in CA? That's my best guess.
Old 08-14-13, 07:40 AM
mahtbeezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Bay Area, I went to the one I bought the car from. Personalized setting is free for the first one only but if I go to a different dealer will they know I had already done this? Lexus should've make this setting user configurable.
which dealer did you go to?
Old 08-14-13, 08:09 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mahtbeezy
which dealer did you go to?
The one in Redwood City. I'll try Magnussen next hopefully they know how to change it.

Quick Reply: A few simple customization questions