22ple on my new 3IS baby!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-13, 09:07 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 22ple on my new 3IS baby!

Hi everyone

Tomorrow I am having the 22PLE applied to my car by Joe from Superior Shine here in Los Angeles. Since it's black and a very soft paint I want to go with a good protective coating especially with winter coming up in a few months.

I know a lot of you like OPTi 2.0 But I'm going with the recommendation of my detailer. I had him come out a couple weeks ago he polished my car and it looked phenomenal. So I want to protect the work that he's done. I asked him about OPTi 2.0 And he does apply that to cars but he prefers 22PLE. I'm looking forward to seeing the results and I'll post pics when he's done.

I have the black with red interior 3IS 250fsport.

If you want to check his work out go to Superiorshine.com or his Facebook page. I have never seen that kind of quality detail work as he does

I'll let you all know how it locks!!
Old 08-09-13, 10:42 PM
BarronNJ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Hi everyone

Tomorrow I am having the 22PLE applied to my car by Joe from Superior Shine here in Los Angeles. Since it's black and a very soft paint I want to go with a good protective coating especially with winter coming up in a few months.

I know a lot of you like OPTi 2.0 But I'm going with the recommendation of my detailer. I had him come out a couple weeks ago he polished my car and it looked phenomenal. So I want to protect the work that he's done. I asked him about OPTi 2.0 And he does apply that to cars but he prefers 22PLE. I'm looking forward to seeing the results and I'll post pics when he's done.

I have the black with red interior 3IS 250fsport.

If you want to check his work out go to Superiorshine.com or his Facebook page. I have never seen that kind of quality detail work as he does

I'll let you all know how it locks!!

Definitely a good idea! Especially with weathering, How much did it cost ya if you dont mind me asking?
Old 08-09-13, 11:19 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BarronNJ
Definitely a good idea! Especially with weathering, How much did it cost ya if you dont mind me asking?
Since I had the polishing ( used clay) done a few weeks ago which was $160 (this included detailing inside of car, vacuuming , cleaning tires and rims too) he quoted me $200 to apply the 22ple. This guys work is unreal so I completely trust him.
Old 08-10-13, 01:27 AM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

I just thad my Acura MDX color corrected and a good coat of polish (local guy here in Simi Valley). Sure does make a huge difference.

Although, I did laugh a bit on your original post when you mentioned "especially with winter coming." Dude, you live in LA, winter does not come here. Just ask someone from Minnesota, Virginia, New York, etc.
Old 08-10-13, 05:30 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dustin2011
I just thad my Acura MDX color corrected and a good coat of polish (local guy here in Simi Valley). Sure does make a huge difference.

Although, I did laugh a bit on your original post when you mentioned "especially with winter coming." Dude, you live in LA, winter does not come here. Just ask someone from Minnesota, Virginia, New York, etc.
I should have clarified winter by saying rain. Rain is hell to a black car. Applying the coating will make it easier to maintain my car's finish. 22ple is more than a nice coat of polish.

Also not a dude- I am a girl with a taste for nice cars
Old 08-10-13, 05:51 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin2011

I should have clarified winter by saying rain. Rain is hell to a black car. Applying the coating will make it easier to maintain my car's finish. 22ple is more than a nice coat of polish.

Also not a dude- I am a girl with a taste for nice cars

LOL, I got scolded by dstopsie a while back.
Us boys need to be careful as there are more girls in this forum than we may think.

dstopsie, please post the mandatory gleaming pics and give us a warning first so I can wear my shades first
Old 08-10-13, 06:27 AM
Jimt9
Driver School Candidate

What is 22ple? Is this a protective coating that is applied like a wax? or is it like a clear coat that is sprayed on in a booth?
Old 08-10-13, 07:18 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jimt9
What is 22ple? Is this a protective coating that is applied like a wax? or is it like a clear coat that is sprayed on in a booth?
It's a protective coating that has silica and glass particles to provide your car with a strong protection against the elements and protects your shine and finish. You can google it. It is applied by hand and takes 5 days to cure to its maximum potential. Can't drive the car for 8-12 hours after it is applied.

I have a black car and its a ***** to keep clean. From what I have read this stuff just protects and makes the finish appear glass like. It can last 18-24 months. And I take pride in my car and want it looking nice during the time I have it.

Last edited by dstopsie; 08-10-13 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-10-13, 08:01 AM
Jimt9
Driver School Candidate

hi dstopsie , thanks for the explenation. I'm going to look into this. I have about a week and a half before my f sport arrives. This will be the most I have ever spent on a car and I want to keep it looking beautiful.
Old 08-10-13, 08:45 AM
JL25
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually had to google what this was. Lol. I've never detailed before, so all this is new to me. I found some pics from one of the members on here that had used this on their 2IS. Looks very nice.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...rotection.html
Old 08-10-13, 09:07 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JL25
I actually had to google what this was. Lol. I've never detailed before, so all this is new to me. I found some pics from one of the members on here that had used this on their 2IS. Looks very nice.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...rotection.html

Hi

I have never had something like this applied to my car. But I figured with the black I want the best protection on it I can find. Ill post pics once its done. My detailer Is here now prepping the car. Check his website out. SuperiorShine.com

Amazing. And check his FB and see all the gorgeous cars he details a d the magic he works on them. They are just so beautiful!
Old 08-10-13, 09:48 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Please post pics...
Old 08-10-13, 10:17 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
Please post pics...
I sure will. Car is still being polished and shined before application. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Last edited by dstopsie; 08-10-13 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-10-13, 11:28 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I sure will. Car is still being polished and shined before application. Can't wait to see the finished product!!
hope you don't mind if i show you the GS after the Hard Body and 22PLE application... first pic is the HB,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8036555609/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8036555609/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

2nd pic is the 22PLE

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8364882547/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76804690@N05/8364882547/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76804690@N05/, on Flickr

and you've seen a pic of the OC 2.0 on the GS. which is better??? gloss wise. OC 2.0 is the best as far as durability and the gloss is pretty good also.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 08-10-13 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-10-13, 11:29 AM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm excited to see how it turns out! Post pics when you can

Quick Reply: 22ple on my new 3IS baby!