not at all
68.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

1st custom painted 3is fsport

Old 08-07-13, 09:41 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay! Well I like everything a lot better now that I've seen the blond on your FB page. If that paint job is getting you blonds like that....you'll sell a lot of paint jobs because every guy loves a happy ending.

Last edited by Glashub; 08-07-13 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-07-13, 10:06 AM
mmims2000
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for the OP? (Or maybe anyone else who might have some input).. I'm interested in painting my brake calipers, but I'd like to go for a more "classy" look than a "flashy" look. I have obsidian F-sport, with Rioja red interior. I think painting the calipers a color that is very similar to the Rioja red would look great. I think using a bright red on the calipers would just clash with the interior, and I can't really think of any other colors that would look right. Pictures can sometimes be misleading, but it looks like you used a similar paint to what I'm looking for on your calipers....Can you confirm if that is true or not? If so, do you have a suggestion on where I could purchase? I have trouble finding caliper paint that isn't bright red, bright yellow, etc...
Old 08-07-13, 10:11 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is the custom painted car? I see a black one and a white one. Stock colors that you can buy...

I was hoping it would be orange, green, blue, etc.
Old 08-07-13, 11:38 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
Where is the custom painted car? I see a black one and a white one. Stock colors that you can buy...

I was hoping it would be orange, green, blue, etc.
I think he meant custom partially painted. I'm not digging it. There's a thin line between adding some contrast to a vehicle and keeping it as a whole and making a vehicle look like multiple parts put together. Imagination maybe but it lacks follow through. It'll stick out for sure but it's not my taste.

Not to be stereotypical/or even racist (and correct me if I'm wrong) but this reminds of what happens to a lot of 1990s Hondas that get a horrid cheap kit on, get painted in a horrid color combo, chrome accent EVERYTHING, and slap chrome wheels on and blast BANDA music.

If you look at the picture of the trunk...the exhaust is leaking rice. (sorry that was mean but cmon... =/) Especially the ISF...yikes. I would've more so appreciated wrapping the whole vehicle with a custom design or branding. At least you're not chopping up the car in pieces.

Choosing colors that match and choosing patterns that go well together are two separate animals.

Sorry...
Old 08-07-13, 12:04 PM
Timmah
Driver

3IS front lip portion and roof is nice. The hood and turnk lid not so much. The red is to much of a heavy contrast just to be on the hood only. Than again my opinion. I have won shows and ETC with my others car and there will always be haters but if your happy with it :thumbsup:
Old 08-07-13, 10:09 PM
Dustin2011
Pole Position

Not diggin the 3IS patin scheme. IIMO the hood and rear deck is too much and takes away from the lines of the car. I think you should have done the roof only. That would have looked really nice. Again, this is just my opinion...
Old 08-07-13, 10:11 PM
copedesign
Driver School Candidate

Lol alot of the guys on here are just hatere lol those that say the negative comments I see the car they have and say wow this coming froma guy with*basically a stock car with wheels and spiolers not much creativity or original design. Building a custom car is do something that breaks the moldnot buy parts off line and bolt them on. Those guys cant afford a paint job thats why you see all this vinyl wrap and worst of all plasti dip crap. Now how are you gonna compare these cars to hondas? But agsin I made the poll and asked for your opinion. I knew we were gonna get a few haters but ? Lol as far as design both these cars will be at sema2013 so I must have did something right. And to if you look at my companies work you will see I won best truck in show at sema in 2010 1st time out. Cant think of many people that have done that.

You guys are gonna hate what im doing to my is-f now wide body rear 22x15 in rear and 20x12 in front and lowered but not bagged and my twin turbo kit were building with nelson motorsports.

Those that like the design thank you.
Old 08-07-13, 10:12 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry but it looks gimmicky ---
Old 08-07-13, 10:13 PM
copedesign
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mmims2000
Question for the OP? (Or maybe anyone else who might have some input).. I'm interested in painting my brake calipers, but I'd like to go for a more "classy" look than a "flashy" look. I have obsidian F-sport, with Rioja red interior. I think painting the calipers a color that is very similar to the Rioja red would look great. I think using a bright red on the calipers would just clash with the interior, and I can't really think of any other colors that would look right. Pictures can sometimes be misleading, but it looks like you used a similar paint to what I'm looking for on your calipers....Can you confirm if that is true or not? If so, do you have a suggestion on where I could purchase? I have trouble finding caliper paint that isn't bright red, bright yellow, etc...

Glad you picked that up I made the red on the brakes to match the calipers. And cleared it satin to give it that leather sheen.
Pm your number I can make you a pint if you want.
Old 08-08-13, 02:03 AM
saferisk
Driver School Candidate

Each to their own, well done on trying something new and adventurous!
Old 08-08-13, 05:33 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by copedesign
Lol alot of the guys on here are just hatere lol those that say the negative comments I see the car they have and say wow this coming froma guy with*basically a stock car with wheels and spiolers not much creativity or original design. Building a custom car is do something that breaks the moldnot buy parts off line and bolt them on. Those guys cant afford a paint job thats why you see all this vinyl wrap and worst of all plasti dip crap. Now how are you gonna compare these cars to hondas? But agsin I made the poll and asked for your opinion. I knew we were gonna get a few haters but ? Lol as far as design both these cars will be at sema2013 so I must have did something right. And to if you look at my companies work you will see I won best truck in show at sema in 2010 1st time out. Cant think of many people that have done that.

You guys are gonna hate what im doing to my is-f now wide body rear 22x15 in rear and 20x12 in front and lowered but not bagged and my twin turbo kit were building with nelson motorsports.

Those that like the design thank you.
Theres a difference between creativity/design and butchering a cars appearance, but hey thats just me.

I always find it funny how people question others as to why they "hate" when you originally posted on a forum board asking for our opinions. And I never knew that painting body parts made it a "custom car."

The reason why the people who are "hating" compare them to a Honda is because you dont normally see a Lexus with a difference colored hood. I mainly see them on Hondas
Old 08-08-13, 07:11 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe some better wheels will make the 3IS look better.
On the other hand, other wheels could make it worse.....like the ones on the 2IS.

In the end, the only opinion that matters is the one of the owner.
I don't love it. I don't hate it. I know for sure I wouldn't copy it.

Need better pics or see in person for final judgement.
Old 08-08-13, 07:28 AM
bwk
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like it
Old 08-08-13, 09:31 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess Ill see them at SEMA. My camaro should be there.

Last edited by John510; 08-08-13 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-08-13, 11:51 AM
IS350AWD
Driver

Poor Lexi...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1st custom painted 3is fsport