IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Its finall here...sort of

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-13, 04:10 PM
mowerman
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Its finall here...sort of

Well my IS 350F Sport has FINALLY arrived at Lexus of Orlando!.

I was planning on picking it up tonight however... the general manager of the dealer called me this morning and pretty much begged me to please leave it there until Saturday morning.

Why you ask???. Well they are having a special event at the dealer, I guess its the 2014 IS launch event, or something like that, So he asked that I leave the car there because they don't have ANY F sport IS models to show on Friday night.

They said close to 800 are expected, and they offered me some free services and some local restaurant gift cards for helping them out.
I figured whats a couple of more days to wait.

Kinda cool to know how rare the car really is and how they wanted my Obsidian, black interior,car to be the centerpiece in the showroom.

I asked them to send me some pictures of the car center stage and they agreed.
just cant wait till Saturday.
Old 08-06-13, 04:14 PM
Alius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! It is an amazing car, you're gonna love it.

However, did you ask your dealer if they're letting random people inside your car? I certainly hope not!
Old 08-06-13, 04:26 PM
mowerman
Rookie

I told the dealer I was going to inspect every inch of the car and he assured me that it would not have a scratch or blemish anywhere.
I was concerned about the same thing considering that black will show any issues easily..
he did tell me that the car will not be started or even have a key available for someone to play with the dash or gauges.

I guess ill have to trust them.
Old 08-06-13, 04:35 PM
Zlots
Driver School Candidate

Ya, I'd be cautious too. I went to one of those parties at a local dealer. They turned the showroom into a night club. Room was dark, lots of people with food and drinks around. DJ, laser lights, smoke machine. Fingerprints, nicks, scratches.....uughh. Maybe you should dress as a bouncer and attend the event
Old 08-06-13, 04:38 PM
alopez
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mowerman
I told the dealer I was going to inspect every inch of the car and he assured me that it would not have a scratch or blemish anywhere.
I was concerned about the same thing considering that black will show any issues easily..
he did tell me that the car will not be started or even have a key available for someone to play with the dash or gauges.

I guess ill have to trust them.
hahahaha I went through something similar the first 3 weeks I had to drive to the dealer to present the car in different shows here in Miami. because was one of the first to arrive IS350 F White/Red and ML...
Old 08-06-13, 04:42 PM
mowerman
Rookie

Damn, you guys are making me think I need to tell them to forget it.

They didn't say anything about a club atmosphere. that's all I need is some drunk douchebag F'ing up my car. I would not want it if they had to paint a deep scratch...FML
Old 08-06-13, 04:45 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

just do a super **** inspection when you pick it up
Old 08-06-13, 04:52 PM
mowerman
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
just do a super **** inspection when you pick it up
Damn right on that!
Old 08-06-13, 05:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

mowerman, (love the name BTW ) the unveil at my local dealer on July 11th had an Obsidian on black F-Sport (plus 3 other IS's) on the floor for everyone to see, sit in, check the cool gauges, at the event. It was catered (food + drinks) with 300 people and there was staff with a microfiber cloth and spray bottle constantly cleaning fingerprints off the car door, trunk lid, and windows mostly.

I posted pictures here. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...thread-19.html

Not to make you paranoid or anything, but personally, if that was my car, I'd be there Friday night at the event to keep an eye on things...
Old 08-06-13, 05:46 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No way- wouldn't let that many people near the car. Paint is very soft and easily prone to scratches.
Old 08-06-13, 05:48 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn right on that!

+ ask them for an accommodation on the price as well
Old 08-06-13, 05:50 PM
greggy23
Rookie

Damn, you guys are making me think I need to tell them to forget it.

They didn't say anything about a club atmosphere. that's all I need is some drunk douchebag F'ing up my car. I would not want it if they had to paint a deep scratch...FML
Don't do it. Too many chances of someone accidentally doing something to it. Rub against it with their jacket or purse and scratching it on accident. Even if there is no club atmosphere you may have hundreds of people just sitting in your car before you touching the controls and steering wheel. No thank you. Just go pick it up tomorrow.
Old 08-06-13, 05:58 PM
driven5373
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by greggy23
Don't do it. Too many chances of someone accidentally doing something to it. Rub against it with their jacket or purse and scratching it on accident. Even if there is no club atmosphere you may have hundreds of people just sitting in your car before you touching the controls and steering wheel. No thank you. Just go pick it up tomorrow.
That's what cheap touch up paint is for.
Old 08-06-13, 07:48 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I would have picked up my car when it arrived... Go get your car man!!! People will be in and out of it... You think the dealer is going to tell them not to touch the car? Go get your car man!!!
Old 08-06-13, 07:55 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

what kind of maintenance services are they giving you if you dont mind sharing

Quick Reply: Its finall here...sort of