IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2014 IS License Bracket From GrimmSpeed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-13, 09:49 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 IS License Bracket From GrimmSpeed

Hey guys I just recieved my plate bracket from Grimmspeed that mike was nice enough to send to me.....it was for the 2013 is model but we took measurements and it fits perfectly for the 2014 is models as well as my F sport. It goes into the tow hitch on the front of the car. Fully adjustable you can move it in many different directions and saves the hasle of drilling the grill and getting tickets....heres some pics

Peter

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=237

Ask for Mike tell them Peter sent you just give them a call
Attached Thumbnails 2014 IS License Bracket From GrimmSpeed-2.jpg   2014 IS License Bracket From GrimmSpeed-4.jpg   2014 IS License Bracket From GrimmSpeed-3.jpg   2014 IS License Bracket From GrimmSpeed-5.jpeg  
Old 08-05-13, 10:23 AM
Alius
Pole Position

Not bad looking, I might get this since I'm driving front-plateless, thanks!
Old 08-05-13, 10:53 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by Alius
Not bad looking, I might get this since I'm driving front-plateless, thanks!
No Problem at all.... just call them ask for mike and tell him pete sent you from new york he should be able to give you a good deal because im a vol. firefighter and it still sucks getting pulled over for no front plate regardless of getting a ticket or not enjoy man!
Old 08-05-13, 11:00 AM
Alius
Pole Position

Will do, thanks a bunch!
Old 08-05-13, 11:07 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice!!! I think I need to get one for Batmobile before we get a ticket
Old 08-05-13, 11:28 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice. I have the same one from grimmspeed. used it on my 2IS and I will use it on my 3IS. Thanks for the post. it answered my fitment wonderment as I've been too lazy to just slap it on...lol.
Old 08-05-13, 11:40 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Why grimmspeed wen there are cheaper license plate tow hook mount solution?
Old 08-05-13, 11:47 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by thejaperu
nice. I have the same one from grimmspeed. used it on my 2IS and I will use it on my 3IS. Thanks for the post. it answered my fitment wonderment as I've been too lazy to just slap it on...lol.

no problem and FYI i dont know how many spacers you used on the 2is but this one I had to put only 1 spacer to get it off the bumper so that the wind just in case wouldnt make the plate hit the bumper lol...im so paranoid with my car haha
Old 08-05-13, 11:50 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
Why grimmspeed wen there are cheaper license plate tow hook mount solution?
well i like them because i know them for other cars like the wrx and evo but honestly havent even looked around anywhere else......i usually go with who i know as opposed to buying from someone i dont know...the bracket and kit is really made well and stirdy
Old 08-05-13, 11:59 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
no problem and FYI i dont know how many spacers you used on the 2is but this one I had to put only 1 spacer to get it off the bumper so that the wind just in case wouldnt make the plate hit the bumper lol...im so paranoid with my car haha
same..lol. and thanks.
Old 08-05-13, 01:16 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Okay. I ordered the last one in stock. No price breaks even though I dropped Pete's name 17 times.

Hopefully it won't be too hard to install -- I'm not a guy who works on cars.
Old 08-05-13, 01:21 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys I just recieved my plate bracket from Grimmspeed that mike was nice enough to send to me.....it was for the 2013 is model but we took measurements and it fits perfectly for the 2014 is models as well as my F sport. It goes into the tow hitch on the front of the car. Fully adjustable you can move it in many different directions and saves the hasle of drilling the grill and getting tickets....heres some pics

Peter

http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=237

Ask for Mike tell them Peter sent you just give them a call
Cool thanks Peter, the people at Rho plates told me 3IS and 2IS had different dimensions, but knowing that 2IS GrimmSpeed plates work for 3IS, I'll probably place an order (maybe if I get a fix-it ticket). I also spoke with Mike at GrimmSpeed before and even provided him the tow hook dimensions, but didn't get the chance to go an measure how much clearance the tow hook had on the car.
Old 08-05-13, 02:05 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
Okay. I ordered the last one in stock. No price breaks even though I dropped Pete's name 17 times.

Hopefully it won't be too hard to install -- I'm not a guy who works on cars.

Loll damn they sold fast sorry you didn't get a deal but if
You need any help with it pm me it isn't that hard to set up they have a video on YouTube or their website for it use 1 spacer so it's just the right clearance off the bumper
Old 08-05-13, 02:06 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
Cool thanks Peter, the people at Rho plates told me 3IS and 2IS had different dimensions, but knowing that 2IS GrimmSpeed plates work for 3IS, I'll probably place an order (maybe if I get a fix-it ticket). I also spoke with Mike at GrimmSpeed before and even provided him the tow hook dimensions, but didn't get the chance to go an measure how much clearance the tow hook had on the car.
From the measurements we took its all the same only difference was factory tow hitch which does matter bc it threads same depth and from me putting it in ,,,it fits perfect and looks pretty badass lol
Old 08-05-13, 02:36 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Loll damn they sold fast sorry you didn't get a deal but if
You need any help with it pm me it isn't that hard to set up they have a video on YouTube or their website for it use 1 spacer so it's just the right clearance off the bumper
Thanks Pete. I even told them I was a volunteer firefighter but then they asked a question about firefighting -- and the gig was up --- I didn't know how to answer. (Just kidding).

Quick Reply: 2014 IS License Bracket From GrimmSpeed