IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Trip across three states - No 3IS spotted

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-13, 07:07 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Default Trip across three states - No 3IS spotted

I just came back from a road trip across New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.

Not one 3IS spotted during the week and I was looking hard.
Mind you, I didn't even see one RX F-Sport so we were definitely unique

So anyone in these three states with a 3IS or has seen one???
Old 08-03-13, 07:16 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i am not in those states, I am in Los Angeles and I have not seen another 3IS at all.

I think when other IS owners see my car I am starting quite a stir. Yesterday this guy in a 2IS started honking at me to roll down my window so he could ask me about my car and tell me how much he loved it.

Anyone else spotted any new 3IS's??
Old 08-03-13, 07:20 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Rare breed still Debbie! And to add to my original post, I haven't seen one in my home province of Ontario in the Toronto area nor in Montreal when I was there a couple weeks ago.
Old 08-03-13, 07:35 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I just came back from a road trip across New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.

Not one 3IS spotted during the week and I was looking hard.
Mind you, I didn't even see one RX F-Sport so we were definitely unique

So anyone in these three states with a 3IS or has seen one???
Did you drive your RX in Manhattan? Last time when I was in NYC, I found a lot of rear car bumpers installed with some kind of bang protection, Indeed, there are more than one brand of products and I did see a few RXs there. Must be tough to avoid scratches there. Not to mention the tremendous amount of potholes and roughness almost unavoidable anywhere.
Old 08-03-13, 07:41 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Rare breed still Debbie! And to add to my original post, I haven't seen one in my home province of Ontario in the Toronto area nor in Montreal when I was there a couple weeks ago.
Actually I did see two 3IS on the road in Toronto area. One was a F sport IS250AWD in Obsidian Black sitting in a mall parking lot. Also in the same lot but at different time, I saw the back of a de-badged 3IS in white. I think it takes at least 6 months before you see a few on the road. At this point, I think the new IS owners may still flash each other and get excited when spotting another one. That is the excitement when getting a first year model which balances the anxiety of people peeking through your window when the car is parked.
Old 08-03-13, 08:58 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in the Bay Area where there is a few million people and still have not seen another 3IS.

Every other car out here is a Prius or BMW
Old 08-03-13, 10:37 PM
Alius
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides myself, I've only seen another 3IS F-Sport in black about a week ago in Queens, NYC area. We're a rare breed right now haha.
Old 08-03-13, 11:23 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've seen one parked( White/Red F-sport) at the Tustin District in Orange County & my own Black on Black but that is it -- it's rare animal early on!
Old 08-03-13, 11:43 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryWest
I've seen one parked( White/Red F-sport) at the Tustin District in Orange County & my own Black on Black but that is it -- it's rare animal early on!
I go there on a weekly basis. If it was white/red and has a black roof, its me. =)

Ran into one at tint zone in rowland heights. i stopped to talk to him cause its not too often i speak to other 3IS owners. Keith bought his 350 ultra/rioja from Longo and was tinting all five windows today. He liked my intake but he's keeping the car stock. nice guy.
Old 08-04-13, 12:13 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Only seen one new IS in Los Angeles. Thought I'd be seeing more by now. Also odd Lexus has a local lease program so soon on the new car. I guess it's standard business these days.

By the way, most of the major dealers in Los Angels now have 3IS's for loaners. I would have requested one on a recent visit, but didn't even know they were available until after my service was done. =/
Old 08-04-13, 03:02 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Only seen one new IS in Los Angeles. Thought I'd be seeing more by now. Also odd Lexus has a local lease program so soon on the new car. I guess it's standard business these days.

By the way, most of the major dealers in Los Angels now have 3IS's for loaners. I would have requested one on a recent visit, but didn't even know they were available until after my service was done. =/
What color did you see?? Mine iis black with red interior and fairly dark tinted windows from Lexus Santa Monica. Perhaps you saw me? I live in Los Angeles
Old 08-04-13, 03:12 AM
RA040224
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three countries, 14 days, 3800km, but spotted no 3IS. Well, i did see one in the Lexus Gothenburg dealership, but that doesn't count

I did see one 2IS, many CT200h and a ton of RX400h/450h.
Old 08-04-13, 03:13 AM
redraptor
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've not to see one on the road yet and I'm from queens, NY. I work in long island and neither have I seen one out there.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 08-04-13, 05:56 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw my 1st yesterday in the SFV. White regular IS. Don't know if it was a 250 or 350. Based on my observations over the years -- these may not sell. The primary mover for the 2IS again based on observation has been women. Women love the 2IS. The 3IS may be too masculine for women. One would think then that men are the new target demo but most men I know have been completely branded by BMW.
Old 08-04-13, 06:19 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aside from seeing my 3IS in my driveway each morning ........ I have not seen one on the road as of yet here in the North NJ area !?!?

Quick Reply: Trip across three states - No 3IS spotted