Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another pic
Attached Thumbnails Just picked up my 2014 IS-image.jpg  
Old 08-04-13, 12:54 PM
bayarea3is
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

definitely a classy color! good thing i didnt opt for an audi lol, but i still love the styling on those cars!
Old 08-04-13, 01:52 PM
greggy23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JLex23
Hey guys, just picked up my 2014 Atomic Silver IS250. I am so amped to be back in the Lexus family after dumping my 2013 Audi A5 that was constantly in the shop. Excited to have some great discussions with the members about our new rides!!
That's my car.

What options does it have? Interior? Did you get a good deal?
Old 08-04-13, 02:37 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys, just picked up my 2014 Atomic Silver IS250. I am so amped to be back in the Lexus family after dumping my 2013 Audi A5 that was constantly in the shop. Excited to have some great discussions with the members about our new rides!!
Congrats. I will have the same exterior color like yours but it is still quite a number of weeks away. Do you have black interior?
Old 08-04-13, 03:01 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't Lamborghini owned by Audi? Would that mean that a gallardo would be a pos also? I have been eyeballing one.
Old 08-04-13, 03:51 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SimTide985
There we go.. This is the kind of detail that I was looking for!! I'm quite interested in all of this, especially since I've thought about the idea of getting an A5.

Ok, it definitely sounds like you got yourself a lemon. I'd never seen maintenance issues this severe being reported out of a 2013 A5 before.

I take back what I said before--I just didn't get enough information from you to understand what the situation was, which is why I started asking for more information.
Aha, I had an S5, the 3.0tfsi. Again, reliability issues, LEDs constantly burning out and the MMI kept dying and restarting itself and sometimes wouldnt turn on. I had the cabrio and the easy reach seatbelt mechanism had a mind of its own, would pop out for no reason and all sorts. Its the best looking car Audi make, but they seriously need to sort the damn problems out. Had enough and bought a merc, which gives me problems, just less than the S5 did.
Old 08-04-13, 04:40 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

mnann those side mirrors looks soo big as compare to the overall size of the car. it looks like it came from ES or even a LS. But for a IS its just to big . So does the door handles. Not hating the new IS. but from the picture its just makes it out of proportion.
i hope lexus designers are reading this
Old 08-04-13, 04:51 PM
RA040224
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big mirrors was something I noticed too when I first test drove the car back in june. But now, after driving it for three short weeks, they do not bother me at all.
Old 08-05-13, 12:20 PM
JLex23
Rookie

Originally Posted by AndyL
Congrats. I will have the same exterior color like yours but it is still quite a number of weeks away. Do you have black interior?
Yep have the black interior...it's a beautiful car...you'll definitely enjoy it!!
Old 08-05-13, 12:23 PM
JLex23
Rookie

Originally Posted by rayaans
Aha, I had an S5, the 3.0tfsi. Again, reliability issues, LEDs constantly burning out and the MMI kept dying and restarting itself and sometimes wouldnt turn on. I had the cabrio and the easy reach seatbelt mechanism had a mind of its own, would pop out for no reason and all sorts. Its the best looking car Audi make, but they seriously need to sort the damn problems out. Had enough and bought a merc, which gives me problems, just less than the S5 did.
Audi makes shiny turds as far as I'm concerned. So many quality issues. Loved the car when it wasn't in the shop getting worked on. I'm much happier now that I have Lexus reliability in my corner again.
Old 08-05-13, 12:26 PM
JLex23
Rookie

Originally Posted by greggy23
That's my car.

What options does it have? Interior? Did you get a good deal?
It has cold weather package, premium package, upgraded wheels and back up camera...sticker...I got $1500 off sticker
Old 08-05-13, 03:37 PM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!! Welcome back to the Lexus family!
Old 08-05-13, 04:09 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just sounds like whining to me. I mean, repairs are just a normal part of having a car.
this is equivalent to saying broken bones are just a part of life. When we both perform the same activities and your bones constantly break and mine don't...then there's a problem.

repairs are not a part of owning a vehicle. MAINTENANCE is a part of owning a vehicle.

I ran my 03 corolla into the GROUND! Unfortunately i was a victim of my own demise (my ego) and ricocheted off a corner of an intersection making a left turn around 50MPH which propelled me onto the middle divider island missing two trees by inches. After the front axle was replaced it was fine. 9 years of oil changes, brakes, transmission fluid, resurfaced rotors and tires and it turned out into a 270,000+ ride. THATS what its like to own a Toyota. My 1990 Toyota truck was just as loyal. I also drove my 2012 IS into the ground with every red light i ran into. Took it to the dealership twice for its scheduled maintenance checks and it never had a problem.

if you can afford the time (like to) to spend at the dealership then cool. I don't...I'd rather be driving.
Old 08-05-13, 04:30 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Just sounds like whining to me. I mean, repairs are just a normal part of having a car.
Huh? You're kidding right? My Acura and Genesis never went back to the shop except for oil changes and the IS350 I have seems like it won't have to see a dealer until scheduled service too. 3 brands out of 3 and no repairs. My wife works for a boss who has an S5. I saw it -- gorgeous but unfortunately he spends a considerable amount of time in the passenger seat of her Hyundai as she ferries him from the office to the dealership and back for those little things that don't merit a loaner.

Last edited by Glashub; 08-05-13 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Just picked up my 2014 IS