IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Another VGRS thread

Old 08-02-13, 02:48 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bshaw777
Damn!! Well hopefully my special order will speed up the process for both of us. Is the rear sunshade worth it? Even if you have tint? How much does it cost? I guess its probably too late to get it added now....
It was $210.00. My order was accepted with it added back in May but there are a lot of people on the forum that tried to order the rear sunshade and it was kicked out of the system as not available with F-Sport. Also, my order was accepted with BSM with cross traffic but the Build Your IS website shows BSM with no cross traffic for the F-Sport and with cross traffic for the luxury package.
I am going to be curious if Lexus changes my order. I will not know until delivery.
Old 08-03-13, 02:36 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pianospike
I've been searching inventory across California and every single 350 F Sport RWD that had Nav and Mark Levinson also had VGRS and blind spot monitor. MSRP $48.2k before any dealer accessories.

But who knows what the August deliveries will bring.
Exactly what I found in Houston and put money down on it..

On the train now from Calif. Port to Midlothian , Tx,, just South of Dallas..

Arrives in Houston in 12 days, then shortly after that I bring it back to San Antonio...

San Antonio dealer has all theirs spoken for...$48,205. MSRP (Includes the $895. transportation fee)

Cheers, Zale
Old 08-04-13, 02:55 PM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

is VGRS good or bad? i figure it would affect driving ability and handicap drivers who driver older sport cars. thoughts?
Old 08-04-13, 06:11 PM
pianospike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blksolara
is VGRS good or bad? i figure it would affect driving ability and handicap drivers who driver older sport cars. thoughts?
I've read all I can about this VGRS and it sounds pretty snazzy and cool, but I'm seriously wondering if in real life you can tell any difference between a car with VGRS vs without.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...eering-feature
Old 08-04-13, 07:53 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by pianospike
I've read all I can about this VGRS and it sounds pretty snazzy and cool, but I'm seriously wondering if in real life you can tell any difference between a car with VGRS vs without.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...eering-feature
you should be able to feel the difference... on highway, it will use longer gear ratio so you dont have to adjust as much (like an older Avalon), while in twisties it should use shorter ratio so your car will feel smaller and faster to react.

difference in ratios is relatively large, like between old Avalon and a sports car... so while on paper, it might look small difference and you think you might not feel it, it is like driving something like MR-S and Avalon at the same time...

it is pretty cool and i would want it in my vehicle... Older systems were said to be weird but new ones have gotten only but praise.
Old 08-04-13, 08:00 PM
pianospike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
you should be able to feel the difference... on highway, it will use longer gear ratio so you dont have to adjust as much (like an older Avalon), while in twisties it should use shorter ratio so your car will feel smaller and faster to react.

difference in ratios is relatively large, like between old Avalon and a sports car... so while on paper, it might look small difference and you think you might not feel it, it is like driving something like MR-S and Avalon at the same time...

it is pretty cool and i would want it in my vehicle... Older systems were said to be weird but new ones have gotten only but praise.
Cool. Thanks for this explanation.
Old 08-06-13, 06:49 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Where in AZ? I ordered mine mid-June and just got a call that it is on it's way from Cali. I'm in Phoenix. They told me 3-4 months but it is arriving in 2. Special ordered an F-Sport with all available options including VGRS, BSM, PCS, and rear sun shade which went through when I followed up and asked them to try again a month ago. Will have to see if it is actually on the car.
Old 08-06-13, 07:37 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the VGRS is mostly found on RWD F-Sport. Cars coming to the northeast are pretty much all AWD without VGRS.
Old 08-07-13, 03:15 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by azmojo
Where in AZ? I ordered mine mid-June and just got a call that it is on it's way from Cali. I'm in Phoenix. They told me 3-4 months but it is arriving in 2. Special ordered an F-Sport with all available options including VGRS, BSM, PCS, and rear sun shade which went through when I followed up and asked them to try again a month ago. Will have to see if it is actually on the car.
What color combination did you order? This is showing me that Lexus is extremely poor with handling orders as I ordered the same option configuration in May and do not have a build date as of yet. Granted everything in the Eastern Region is AWD but is that not the point of a special order. Frustration is now setting in...
Old 08-07-13, 10:03 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
What color combination did you order? This is showing me that Lexus is extremely poor with handling orders as I ordered the same option configuration in May and do not have a build date as of yet. Granted everything in the Eastern Region is AWD but is that not the point of a special order. Frustration is now setting in...
Here's my order thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...0-f-sport.html

It's silver with black interior. I never did get a build date. I heard nothing until the dealer called me yesterday and said it was in LB.
Old 08-07-13, 10:42 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by azmojo
Here's my order thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...0-f-sport.html

It's silver with black interior. I never did get a build date. I heard nothing until the dealer called me yesterday and said it was in LB.
Thanks. That is good to know. Maybe when they built yours, they also built mine and it on the boat to New Jersey being that they have the same configuration just different color and it seems that Lexus likes to build multiples of a particular configuration at a time.
Old 08-07-13, 11:08 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Love it on our GS and IS...

Now if you are going to change suspension to coilovers, air, then you don't need it. If you are leaving stock or going to upgrade springs, get it.